(BR Server) This is starting to become a serious issue for more skilled players

Yeah sometimes it can take a while to find a game in br server, at late hours its impossible but i just cant go back to playing with 200-240 ping when playing with 80-100 ping its so much better.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, devoautist said:

I need to agree with the topic.. right now iam waiting for a 27min Q on BR server. But the problem is, i rlly dont know why the ping on USE server grew up a LOT! I always usually to play with 170-180 ping. Now its 230+, wtf? My internet is the same. the server location is the same, why the ping grew up for the whole BR? 

I doubt the server location is exactly the same,  same reason why USW servers are WORSE for me than EU servers, when I live much closer to USW, roflmao

I'm tired of going up against a team that has 4 of the 5 with a high ratio of voted MVP to games played. Also I had a low mmr ( < 1000) and then jumped to 2500. I haven't gotten that much better and I don't know if that affects game balancing. It would be tilted against my team.

Trying

I did try an initiative where Diamond 3 and higher-ranked players from USE/USW solo queued, at a certain time, on specific days, in order to get faster queue times and better quality games. Sadly, that failed because of lack of support from players themselves. Some players rather queue with friends, some cannot play at the scheduled time, etc. Or maybe I just gave up too soon (2 months)?

For us who want to keep the game going, we're stuck in a place where we're forced to choose to either play with people who don't respect other players enough to speak a common language (English), or sit in very long queues. Personally, I don't think introducing the BR servers has any positive contribution to the game. It just splits the already small playerbase. This is precisely why Garena SEA HoN didn't grow outside of Thailand - long queue times, lack of competition. People even use VPN now just to play the game. We should have already learned that majority of the people that are still playing HoN today would rather play than get restricted to a specific server.

I kind of agree with the idea below though. After queueing for something like 10 minutes, the group Q would continue queueing without ensuring that they are on the same team.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:33 AM, Manu311 said:

1. Force-Split groups of high rated players - as in, if they group-queue they might endup in different teams (but the same game)

This potentially solves  problems:

1. I see a lot of high MMR groups in EU that 3-queue and 2-queue for more than 10 minutes because no other players high enough are queueing at the time and then they end up getting on the same team. The teams become so imbalanced with 4 legendaries on 1 side and 1 legendary with a bunch of golds and diamonds on the other. +1/-7 MMR. Not even fun for either side because it's usually a stomp. Only MMR hungry players or players with limited time to play would enjoy games like these.
  2. There would be no need to disband group when queueing as 4 or 5 if you are not finding games. Game would just force you to get into a game with more balanced teams. As an added bonus, we no longer have to kick our friends from the TMM group. We all know how sensitive some of our HoN friends are when we kick them from group. 

I could potentially set up a solo queue initiative again, if there are enough people that support it. I really don't want to organize events like that again and people show up late with no notice or not at all. 

Edited by OMGitsMARLON
Mistake
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, OMGitsMARLON said:

Personally, I don't think introducing the BR servers has any positive contribution to the game. It just splits the already small playerbase. This is precisely why Garena SEA HoN didn't grow outside of Thailand - long queue times, lack of competition. People even use VPN now just to play the game. We should have already learned that majority of the people that are still playing HoN today would rather play than get restricted to a specific server.

This reads like BR-servers would have introduced a region lock, which afaik it doesn't. People can just queue on both regions and it should work.
The fact some people mentioned, that EU-servers have now a worse ping than before, is probably not really related and has other reasons (valid or not, doesn't matter here).

13 hours ago, OMGitsMARLON said:

As you know, when you solo queue, you don't get automatically put back into queue if you reach 30 minutes, unlike group queue

Guess I learned something new now, I didn't know that group queues don't drop out of the queue after 30 minutes. I got no friends that are this patient 😅.

34 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

This reads like BR-servers would have introduced a region lock, which afaik it doesn't. People can just queue on both regions and it should work.
The fact some people mentioned, that EU-servers have now a worse ping than before, is probably not really related and has other reasons (valid or not, doesn't matter here).

Guess I learned something new now, I didn't know that group queues don't drop out of the queue after 30 minutes. I got no friends that are this patient 😅.

Actually, that was a mistake. I meant to say group queue doesn't drop out of queue when someone does not successfully connect to the match lobby. My bad