Matchmaking area select - Warning about hight ping

Hello!

Is it possible to add a warning message when we select areas with hight ping. For exemple, if I live in Australia and I select the EU area, I will be a pinger ingame... :(

Some people doesn't know the importance of the location of the HoN servers.

It's sad to see some pingers ingame which leave after the start of the game :(

BR
JFO

We can't enforce this properly without segregation of some kind (e.g. region-locking), and players who pick all regions likely did so on purpose (for one reason or another). We have already forced a reset on region selection last patch & if players reselected a region where they have high ping, that's their problem & they have deliberately done so. I don't think any other kind of deterrent would actually make these players pick different regions, as they have their own reasons (for better or worse) for queuing in regions where they have high ping.

Now, if you think that they're actually griefing by doing this (this is difficult to prove), feel free to report them using RAP.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, ElementUser said:

We can't enforce this properly without segregation of some kind (e.g. region-locking), and players who pick all regions likely did so on purpose (for one reason or another). We have already forced a reset on region selection last patch & if players reselected a region where they have high ping, that's their problem & they have deliberately done so. I don't think any other kind of deterrent would actually make these players pick different regions, as they have their own reasons (for better or worse) for queuing in regions where they have high ping.

Now, if you think that they're actually griefing by doing this (this is difficult to prove), feel free to report them using RAP.

Because the ping are not visible on region thats why they always pick different regions 

• Like 1

We dont need a region locking imo.

I agree with EpicPhilely.

For example in DotA 2 we can see this:

spacer.png

We can see the closest regions for better experience.

I like the "Automatically pick the best region based on my location" feature. Maybe we can add this one too in HoN?

Edited by JFO
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...