HON 64bit Multi-Core support

It's pretty difficult to divide certain load to multiple cpu cores. Sometimes it's even impossible.

Converting old software to multiple cores is usually equal to rewriting it completely but with way more effort and problems. There might be certain technologies which help a bit, but it's probably easier to just optimize HoN to run smooth at 250 FPS on a single cpu core 😉.
However since Windows 64 bit version sounds comparable to Linux 64 bit version in speed - or possibly even better - that's probably not the focus in the near future since you can already play that on a potato.

If you don't want the game to heat up your cpu core, simply stop disabling the frame limit. Even 144 FPS shouldn't heat up a decent cpu in HoN and you probably don't have a monitor which can support more than that anyways.

2 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

It's pretty difficult to divide certain load to multiple cpu cores. Sometimes it's even impossible.

Converting old software to multiple cores is usually equal to rewriting it completely but with way more effort and problems. There might be certain technologies which help a bit, but it's probably easier to just optimize HoN to run smooth at 250 FPS on a single cpu core 😉.
However since Windows 64 bit version sounds comparable to Linux 64 bit version in speed - or possibly even better - that's probably not the focus in the near future since you can already play that on a potato.

If you don't want the game to heat up your cpu core, simply stop disabling the frame limit. Even 144 FPS shouldn't heat up a decent cpu in HoN and you probably don't have a monitor which can support more than that anyways.

They announced that they’re gonna implement a patch that will support multi core support. Just curious about an update on that

• Confused 1

We have something in the works, however keep in mind that most people are now running HoN at over 200 fps at this point so it's not extremely high priority.

Infact, we have something mostly complete on SBT, which is exactly that, multi threaded performance for key functions, however due to the nature of it there are kinks to work out (eg, crashes every half a dozen games randomly)

Edited by HyperXewl
22 hours ago, hObbz said:

They announced that they’re gonna implement a patch that will support multi core support. Just curious about an update on that

I guess I missed that and thought that most optimizations are already in the 64 bit client. Sorry for misinforming you.

Now I wonder if one can run that future version of HoN on a raspberry pi. Probably 😅
I know that the architecture is arm and not x86, that's the point 😉

Edited by Manu311
On 2/22/2021 at 8:21 AM, hObbz said:

Any update on when that will be implemented? my Core 0 is on fire lol.

Your OS should cycle the load on the different cores, at least if they have shared cache, to avoid that. AFAIK