D to Detonate Mine

Just like how Emerald Warden is able to detonate his closest Overgrowth, I'd like Engineer to have the same possibility with his mines. Also, if it's not a feature I've missed, I'd like to have the option to detonate the last Overgrowth you've placed, instead of the closest one.

• Like 2

Well what I do is with the tab key switch to the last mine that I put and then press E to explode it, but if I think it is a good idea to have a direct command to explode the direct mine without having to change with tabulation

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DragnSlyer said:

Well what I do is with the tab key switch to the last mine that I put and then press E to explode it, but if I think it is a good idea to have a direct command to explode the direct mine without having to change with tabulation

Currently I prefer selecting the mine by drawing a box over it and pressing E (It's imprinted in my mind at this point) and I did the same with EW once I started playing him more. Then I realized you could just press D, which is a lot more comfortable. Can't name another similar ability off the top of my head, but making these two work the same way would add to the consistency of the game.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

wasn't it possible to blow mines like this before? 

*Blow closest mine (D)*

Maybe it was, but I never noticed. Maybe it was removed with the mines and they forgot to re-add it when the mines came back, just like the SotM effect. Speaking of the SotM effect, can we have it back or get a new one by any chance?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TobakaZ said:

Maybe it was, but I never noticed. Maybe it was removed with the mines and they forgot to re-add it when the mines came back, just like the SotM effect. Speaking of the SotM effect, can we have it back or get a new one by any chance?

I hope now that he's back to mingineer he sh ould  have it back. However - Maybe Im mistaking engi mines to like EW traps or similar. ? I can't find that it had this detonate function. 

I did not want to start a new topic but since you guys are giving away tips I might as well tell you what I have recently discovered with Revenant.
To use defile(Q), and mortification(W), you don't actually need to target someone, you just need to double press Q or W and it activates!
Maybe you all knew that already but I was so happy when I found out about it that I thought I ought to share this discovery!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, TobakaZ said:

Just like how Emerald Warden is able to detonate his closest Overgrowth, I'd like Engineer to have the same possibility with his mines. Also, if it's not a feature I've missed, I'd like to have the option to detonate the last Overgrowth you've placed, instead of the closest one.

i kinda back up this suggestion, it would make it more easy that selecting the mine quickly or just using tab to swich to the mine 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, TobakaZ said:

making these two work the same way would add to the consistency of the game.

To "add to the consistency" I would rather strip this ability from EW than add it to Engineer.

Why would you do this if mines are chasing targets and exploding by themselves? That's right - you need to do this only to hit moving target by ignoring activation delay.
Why stop there then? Why not "press D to throw a mine which explodes"?

1 minute ago, EngineerT said:

To "add to the consistency" I would rather strip this ability from EW than add it to Engineer.

Why would you do this if mines are chasing targets and exploding by themselves? That's right - you need to do this only to hit moving target by ignoring activation delay.
Why stop there then? Why not "press D to throw a mine which explodes"?

Well, in both cases I'm personally using early detonation to immediately hit enemy targets. It's most often in a scenario where I would miss the ability if I'd let it "plant itself" properly. This is where I think the similarity of the abilities is and why they should both have the early detonation button on D.