Jump to content

D to Detonate Mine


Recommended Posts

Just like how Emerald Warden is able to detonate his closest Overgrowth, I'd like Engineer to have the same possibility with his mines. Also, if it's not a feature I've missed, I'd like to have the option to detonate the last Overgrowth you've placed, instead of the closest one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what I do is with the tab key switch to the last mine that I put and then press E to explode it, but if I think it is a good idea to have a direct command to explode the direct mine without having to change with tabulation

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DragnSlyer said:

Well what I do is with the tab key switch to the last mine that I put and then press E to explode it, but if I think it is a good idea to have a direct command to explode the direct mine without having to change with tabulation

Currently I prefer selecting the mine by drawing a box over it and pressing E (It's imprinted in my mind at this point) and I did the same with EW once I started playing him more. Then I realized you could just press D, which is a lot more comfortable. Can't name another similar ability off the top of my head, but making these two work the same way would add to the consistency of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

wasn't it possible to blow mines like this before? 

*Blow closest mine (D)*

Maybe it was, but I never noticed. Maybe it was removed with the mines and they forgot to re-add it when the mines came back, just like the SotM effect. Speaking of the SotM effect, can we have it back or get a new one by any chance?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TobakaZ said:

Maybe it was, but I never noticed. Maybe it was removed with the mines and they forgot to re-add it when the mines came back, just like the SotM effect. Speaking of the SotM effect, can we have it back or get a new one by any chance?

I hope now that he's back to mingineer he sh ould  have it back. However - Maybe Im mistaking engi mines to like EW traps or similar. ? I can't find that it had this detonate function. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not want to start a new topic but since you guys are giving away tips I might as well tell you what I have recently discovered with Revenant.
To use defile(Q), and mortification(W), you don't actually need to target someone, you just need to double press Q or W and it activates!
Maybe you all knew that already but I was so happy when I found out about it that I thought I ought to share this discovery!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, TobakaZ said:

Just like how Emerald Warden is able to detonate his closest Overgrowth, I'd like Engineer to have the same possibility with his mines. Also, if it's not a feature I've missed, I'd like to have the option to detonate the last Overgrowth you've placed, instead of the closest one.

i kinda back up this suggestion, it would make it more easy that selecting the mine quickly or just using tab to swich to the mine 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, TobakaZ said:

making these two work the same way would add to the consistency of the game.

To "add to the consistency" I would rather strip this ability from EW than add it to Engineer.

Why would you do this if mines are chasing targets and exploding by themselves? That's right - you need to do this only to hit moving target by ignoring activation delay.
Why stop there then? Why not "press D to throw a mine which explodes"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EngineerT said:

To "add to the consistency" I would rather strip this ability from EW than add it to Engineer.

Why would you do this if mines are chasing targets and exploding by themselves? That's right - you need to do this only to hit moving target by ignoring activation delay.
Why stop there then? Why not "press D to throw a mine which explodes"?

Well, in both cases I'm personally using early detonation to immediately hit enemy targets. It's most often in a scenario where I would miss the ability if I'd let it "plant itself" properly. This is where I think the similarity of the abilities is and why they should both have the early detonation button on D.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...