Shadowblade too insane

This new shadowblade seems utterly ridiculous. His scaling is insane but what really seems inappropriate is his presence in the lane from lvl 1. What do you guys think? Right now he seems to be either banned or instapicked. As more and more players pick up on his potential I reckon his performance will increase even more. 

• Like 1

I don't think he is "utterly ridiculous". He was nerfed really hard and those got partially reverted plus the changes to his E (which I think are quite healthy). I haven't seen him banned or picked too often in my games. From the usage he is doing good, winrate is below 50% according to the client. If you compare it to other heroes are considered as "broken" (or at least a bit overbuffed), e.g. Artillery (maybe Adrenaline), you can see that their win rates increased a lot while shadowblade's is in a quite healthy spot.

I dunno about those rates in certain brackets but for me I kinda like the changes and he does not necessarily need a nerf again. Also, maybe it's still to early to say that..

• 2 weeks later...

Just hoping he doesn't get unplayable like the previous patch. Atm seems like he might just be too strong in the lane with his E being able to outharass supports and stuff, but can still get outcarried quite easily if you don't stomp the game with SB.

21 hours ago, Poseidon said:

It's ridiculous that his bash goes through magic immunity. He should not be stunning my spinning Swiftblade. 

Didn't knew that it did.

That's a bug & it has already been addressed for the next patch.

Once again, Shadowblade will be adjusted properly for next patch. I'm waiting until the patch notes get released to talk about it though.

Edited by ElementUser
On 2/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, Poseidon said:

It's ridiculous that his bash goes through magic immunity. He should not be stunning my spinning Swiftblade. 

That bash works even on target under Void Talisman effect. 🤣 Target doesn't get hit, but stun applies anyway.

That's exactly what he is.   Any decent player can abuse it, you can stun 2 times quite quickly and with your w already being a great gap closer he's absolutely broken right now.  In "certain brackets" as in, with players that have a clue, he must be easily over 55 or 60 percent winrate.  

13 hours ago, derank`burro said:

That's exactly what he is.   Any decent player can abuse it, you can stun 2 times quite quickly and with your w already being a great gap closer he's absolutely broken right now.  In "certain brackets" as in, with players that have a clue, he must be easily over 55 or 60 percent winrate.  

I guess that the stun should have a "GCD" , also known as a "Global Cooldown".

Edited by Ladonien

Agreed thet stun needs to get removed ( too broken stun + plus magic dmg), or have a global cooldown... Cuz sb can press E, atack creeps... then hit you and stun you. So wait like 2-3 seconds and can hit E and stun you again! Its a LOT of damage, specially early lvls

Well, as I've said in earlier threads regarding Shadowblade, I just think he should've sticked to being a lategame hardcarry with different choices of attribute depending on the matchup. This seems to be the best bet since he doesn't need to be reworked, just some adjustments, which we all know that reworks can be a bit frustrating, especially for the comebackers to HoN, where a hero has been their favorite hero and suddenly it is a completely different hero.

Right now he seems to succeed if you snowball early game, getting runed seems a bit too slow on him right now and if you don't snowball you will have like 300-350 GPM at max. But of course he is quite strong early game on the lane so it isn't as difficult to snowball early game. 

• 2 weeks later...

You don't even need Cleaver on Shadowblade anymore for him to snowball - his strong laning presence also makes him a viable choice now for solo mid. He has the bulkiness, base damage, and armor to compete against strong melee midlaners e.g. Deadwood/Tremble and the harass potential, range, armor to compete with even strong ranged midlaners e.g. Pyro, Ellonia, Hag etc. Few if any INT ranged heroes can trade hits since Shadowblade has their long range AND more hp + armor. 

• Like 1

Yeah, i used him to solo mid and i won 3 times in a row.. i actually won vs a soul reaper lol. They rlly need to gank me to help... This is not okay, a sb solo and win mid vs mid heroes. He have a EXTREME harass potention on lvl 1, noone can outharass him lvl 1. You can have 2 stuns in like 3 seconds... and the other guy is 30% health

4 minutes ago, Lunarios said:

Just make the 0.9-1.2 sec stun a mini-stun to prevent escape/interrupt channeling, and make it a +40 damage flat on all levels, I think that's enough

I'm not convinced about +40 damage at all levels.... Gladiator's whip alone only does +15 damage at lvl 1 and I'd imagine Shadowblade's bonus damage should scale (linearly) with levels e.g. 20/30/40/50.

Edited by AgentZer0

Soul form changes from Community-compiled Patch Notes

Mana Cost increased from 45/50/55/60 to 50/60/70/80.

While Soul's Sight is active, Mana Cost is increased to 70/100/130/160.

*This is done to compensate for the extra mana you get from Intelligence form.

Stun duration reduced from 0.9/1/1.1/1.2 seconds to 0.7/0.8/0.9/1 second(s).

So no flat damage or whatever.