Sick to death of people lagging from other regions joining

Absolutely sick to death of playing with people who are joining AU servers from other regions. NO English, Massive lag, feeding, not conceding when the game is lost. It is an absolute joke, can't kick or block them anymore and it has happened for the last few games. This is the reason people don't want to play anymore. Games being ruined by these idiots!!!

hey dude, same on CIS servers, a lot of latins with 350+ ping.  I think they just dont know how to turn off its from list. im trying to explain it to them to plau US servers, every time i see them but i think they just dont understand cuz they r not answering :D

It is so frustrating when they join, feed, lag and don't concede so the game drags out another 20+ minutes. I wish they had the kick feature like they used to for situations like this.

Some way of locking regions down to less than 300ping or at least a note before people join games letting them know that the are queueing for a server on the other side of the world.

Some Russians on EU servers...

I have met extremly kind russian speaking people though.

Funny it is the same on every other region! (not surprising if you think about it a second time)

Edited by Falk1

Well, I accidentally joined a LAT server when FB auto turned the server on.

FB knows where you are joining from, why dont it toggle on the local servers only for the persons joining? f. e if IM not in a clan I automatically join a EU1,2  etc server at random. 

3 hours ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

Well, I accidentally joined a LAT server when FB auto turned the server on.

FB knows where you are joining from, why dont it toggle on the local servers only for the persons joining? f. e if IM not in a clan I automatically join a EU1,2  etc server at random. 

I forward that immediatly! Clan affiliation shouldn't matter imho.

Well I am Latino and I usually play on US servers, I apologize to those who resent them and that is that on my server, the Latin American server has a higher ping than the US, and my games are also ruined as much For Latin Americans, as well as for Americans, also for Russians, I really don't think it is the region because I have understood very well playing with Americans, some are very nice and others are a bit racist, there are just people who are like that and want to ruin games or They do not understand the dynamics of the game or they have not played HoN for a long time and that is why they are so bad, in what seems to me it would be good then that they divided the game as in 2012, where there was only a server with Latinos. It would be good then that HoN was with Axexo5 who was the one who in his time gave the space to play only in Latin America if it bothers them so much. Personally I would like to, there is too much racism in this game since they happened to play with Americans and I could pay in my local currency.

7 hours ago, DragnSlyer said:

Well I am Latino and I usually play on US servers, I apologize to those who resent them and that is that on my server, the Latin American server has a higher ping than the US, and my games are also ruined as much For Latin Americans, as well as for Americans, also for Russians, I really don't think it is the region because I have understood very well playing with Americans, some are very nice and others are a bit racist, there are just people who are like that and want to ruin games or They do not understand the dynamics of the game or they have not played HoN for a long time and that is why they are so bad, in what seems to me it would be good then that they divided the game as in 2012, where there was only a server with Latinos. It would be good then that HoN was with Axexo5 who was the one who in his time gave the space to play only in Latin America if it bothers them so much. Personally I would like to, there is too much racism in this game since they happened to play with Americans and I could pay in my local currency.

The issue is not how nice people from other regions are or how good their skills are. Its purely ping based. If you have a teammates with 300-500 ping then they will not be able to play properly and therefore you most likely wont find the game as fun as it should be.

Edited by ScrubFactory

like scrub stated the issue is the game is very hard to play at 300+ ping, that is why I play within my own region. When you have 2+ players in your team with that ping you are almost guaranteed to lose before the game even starts (luck of the draw). Surely they can make the region box bigger or force region block to under 250 ping or something? Something really needs to be done about it. When you have EU players playing in Australia it isnt going to work. There is a reason I don't join EU servers and then complain about lag....

4 hours ago, hotdog said:

like scrub stated the issue is the game is very hard to play at 300+ ping, that is why I play within my own region. When you have 2+ players in your team with that ping you are almost guaranteed to lose before the game even starts (luck of the draw). Surely they can make the region box bigger or force region block to under 250 ping or something? Something really needs to be done about it. When you have EU players playing in Australia it isnt going to work. There is a reason I don't join EU servers and then complain about lag....

Locking people with a high ping out is going to decrease the playerbase because some people don't get a good ping anywhere (I know since I had bad internet 13 years ago and played DotA with 4-digit pings).

The balance should also not be affected if you play on the same ping all the time since it will also reflect your ping. In fact you can accustom pretty well to a big ping. You won't play as good as without one, but it can still be fun.
The problem arises if your ping isn't the same all the time. Because in that case you won't accustom to the ping, so it's less fun for you. And your rating won't reflect it either, so it's less fun for everyone.

One option could be to allow only one region for each (sub-)account, however that would prevent people from playing with friends in different regions and enabling both regions. The better option could be to enable region-based-rating. So you have a different rating in every region. That would probably work as long as people don't physically change their position.

It still doesn't help when you can't communicate with them if they speak a different language, hence the reason I join Australian servers (should be low ping and everyone should speak english ).... which unfortunately isn't the case. I have great ping on Australian servers and it is a big advantage over higher pings, this is why wait in lobby for a while for a server instead of going to US East or West as the ping is too high. 

3 hours ago, hotdog said:

It still doesn't help when you can't communicate with them if they speak a different language, hence the reason I join Australian servers (should be low ping and everyone should speak english ).... which unfortunately isn't the case. I have great ping on Australian servers and it is a big advantage over higher pings, this is why wait in lobby for a while for a server instead of going to US East or West as the ping is too high. 

That's a whole different "problem". But even in that case, rating also reflects not being able to communicate.

5 hours ago, manu311 said:

I know since I had bad internet 13 years ago and played DotA with 4-digit pings

To be honest, it may have been "fun" for you but you probably ruined a lot of games because of your high ping. There is no way you can properly play a game like Dota/HoN that requires quick reaction to different events on a 4 digit ping.

39 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

To be honest, it may have been "fun" for you but you probably ruined a lot of games because of your high ping. There is no way you can properly play a game like Dota/HoN that requires quick reaction to different events on a 4 digit ping.

The following things were different, so I doubt I have ruined games ;-):
1. Warcraft 3 (on Bnet) had incooperated lag. Everyone had some lag (I think 500ms).
2. Around 1-2% of games were ended with more than 8 players. Usually 2+ people left within the first 5 minutes.

Anyways: I probably ruined more games because I fed for the first couple hundred games because I simply was bad. Even thought I played most of them with a couple of friends which never complained about it. No one ever cared about my ping, even thought everyone had banlist and got pings and location of every player.

Guys! I think those guys who playing with ping 300+ not happy to ply like this also, but in  new interface server list is not so obvius like in old. u need to fix it so ppl can see what servers are switched on. when they truned on lat server i didnt notcied and played one game on lat also with ping 250  +. BUT  latins , dont know why, cant learn how to turn off EU and CIS servers and u can meet them at night very often