macOS 64-Bit Universal [CLOSED BETA] Update: Apple Silicon (m1) Native port

macOS 64-Bit Universal [CLOSED BETA]

How To Join:

if you'd like to participate in the closed beta, feel free to join the HoN64 Discord here https://discord.gg/w9eceExBwP and send me (HyperXewl) a DM!

Alternatively, send me a PM on the forums here after you have joined with your discord user name.

I'll grant you test role access so you can download the client and try it out

This is especially useful if you run Catalina or above, as Apple has deprecated 32-Bit Applications.

Update: We've managed to port HoN to native apple silicon m1 ! If you're a mac user, come try it out!

---

If you'd like to help speed up development, we ask that if you can spare some coins, head to the donations page here: Donations - HoN Forums (heroesofnewerth.com)

Every single cent goes straight back into the game, we DO NOT keep any money for ourselves, money donated to the macOS client is used to outsource development labor.

Keep in mind that, most of the work that went into this was months of my own personal time that I cannot get back, and I am doing this for what I understand to be a very small dedicated playerbase, so we need all the help we can get as this is pretty much being developed at a complete loss.

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • HyperXewl changed the title to macOS 64-Bit Universal [CLOSED BETA] Update: Apple Silicon (m1) Native port
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for pursuing this @HyperXewl. Myself and my roommate play off Mac devices and have gone so far as to factory reset our computers just to manage the 32 bit version again on the original OS (though with challenges from time to time). Please let me know if you'd like me to test out the 64 bit. Would be my pleasure. 

56 minutes ago, PurpleHaz3 said:

Thank you for pursuing this @HyperXewl. Myself and my roommate play off Mac devices and have gone so far as to factory reset our computers just to manage the 32 bit version again on the original OS (though with challenges from time to time). Please let me know if you'd like me to test out the 64 bit. Would be my pleasure. 

There's a closed beta out already, join the 64 discord and send me a dm!