Time to increase silver purchasing power/reward numbers given the number of avatars in shop?

Myy take is how much coins you win per game VERSUS how much each avatar costs is an outdated ratio. With the sheer number of avatars in the store now still carrying the 3,000 or even 4,500 silver price tag, earning a base 8 silver for a loss or 12 silver coins for a win seems a little too low now. 

That being said, I don't think the solution is to lower the price tag of avatars. Rather, we should increase the number of silver coins people can get through games (e.g. anywhere from a 20-50% increase in silver per game, or some type of UBI of 500-1000 silver coins per month if you played a certain number of games that month). I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if people are interested - I can't help but think increasing access to avatars for HoN's playerbase (mostly consisting of core/long time players) would further retention. 

Happy to hear thoughts - especially from FB staff, and if there's a way to essentially compare a silver coin's purchasing power in say 2013 versus now, I'm sure my argument holds up.

Edited by AgentZer0
  • Like 2

We have a lot more control over Silver Coin prices compared to Silver Coin amounts earned by game type/per game.

Changing the store is the better way for us to adjust the value of Silver.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

We have a lot more control over Silver Coin prices compared to Silver Coin amounts earned by game type/per game.

Interesting - my initial assumption was that this would be more controversial since if one person buys X avatar today but coin prices were to drop in a week, it could raise a few protests. Still, this can definitely work too perhaps with an announcement 1-2 weeks ahead of time. Are the technical challenges to a UBI of sorts akin to the XMas event, e.g. play 10 games per month -> obtain 500 silver as reward, still more difficult than simply changing avatar prices?

Interested to hear what others think too about any of these points - after all, the goal is to make more players happy by empowering them with more access to avatars in a non game-breaking fashion.

Edited by AgentZer0
6 hours ago, ElementUser said:

Please

17 hours ago, AgentZer0 said:

Мое мнение: сколько монет вы выигрываете за игру, ПО ВРЕМЕНИ, сколько стоит каждый аватар, - это устаревшее соотношение. С огромным количеством аватаров в магазине, которые теперь по-прежнему стоят 3000 или даже 4500 серебряных ценников, заработать базовые 8 серебра за проигрыш или 12 серебряных монет за победу сейчас кажется слишком низким. 

При этом я не думаю, что решение состоит в том, чтобы снизить цену аватаров. Скорее, мы должны увеличить количество серебряных монет, которые люди могут получить в играх (например, от 20-50% увеличения серебра за игру или некоторого типа UBI в размере 500-1000 серебряных монет в месяц, если вы сыграли определенное количество игры в этом месяце). Я думаю, что это может быть стоящее обсуждение, если люди заинтересованы - я не могу не думать, что расширение доступа к аватарам для базы игроков HoN (в основном состоящей из основных / давних игроков) будет способствовать дальнейшему удержанию. 

Рад слышать мысли, особенно от сотрудников FB, и если есть способ по существу сравнить покупательную способность серебряной монеты, скажем, в 2013 году и сейчас, я уверен, что мой аргумент верен.

I completely agree with the author of the topic. Silver should be given more for victories. or for the constant online people.

8 hours ago, Ladonien said:

A clever way is to play the hero so you get the discount coupon on that hero

I honestly have no clue how this works, and I suspect it is very buggy.

1) I've never had a discount coupon for my most played heroes e.g. Pebbles, but sometimes if I just play 4-5 games with a new hero e.g. Glad I suddenly get a discount coupon for the hero - but only for selected avatars (and usually the cheap, not so good ones). 2) That said, these discount coupons never appear in the actual shop, and is only visible if you try purchasing the avatars during in-game picking phase. 3) And if you wait a week or so, the discount coupon you had for the hero, even if you never used them, disappears. I think a discount coupon for your most played heroes is a valid suggestion, but imo it doesn't work very well atm. There's also the consideration that people sometimes want to buy a new avatar for a hero they never played before - so that they can start playing that new hero more. 

So far, it looks like people unanimously agree that we need improved silver purchasing power - it would be great if people can also elaborate more why they think a certain way of doing so is better. EU has mentioned how changing silver coin prices would be logistically easier than changing how much silver you get from each game - my counter suggestion would be a Universal-Basic-Income of sorts (500-1000 silver per month for meeting some criteria e.g. playing 10-20 games that month) that could be less controversial since someone might feel disgruntled for buying an avatar for 3k silver but next week it got decreased to 2.5k silver. 

Hope to hear more thoughts!

Edited by AgentZer0

I don't care about asking for more silver or lowering silver prices. If I see an alt avatar I like I just buy it with silver. I made sure to have a silver reserve enough for at least one full priced alt avatar. My personal bias compels me to ask for more midwars silver as that is what I play most of the time but I really don't care. However, I would like for coupons to never expire. I don't think there's even an official explanation as to why they expire, but guessing aside, making avatar coupons last for long and even giving them outside of the mastery system seems like a good way to increase silver value without compromising the shop as new avatars still can't be expected.

1 hour ago, Emukle said:

I don't care about asking for more silver or lowering silver prices. If I see an alt avatar I like I just buy it with silver. I made sure to have a silver reserve enough for at least one full priced alt avatar. My personal bias compels me to ask for more midwars silver as that is what I play most of the time but I really don't care. However, I would like for coupons to never expire. I don't think there's even an official explanation as to why they expire, but guessing aside, making avatar coupons last for long and even giving them outside of the mastery system seems like a good way to increase silver value without compromising the shop as new avatars still can't be expected.

Make coupons permanent - this sounds like a tangible and popular decision. And yeah it's starting to seem people don't care how silver purchasing power is increased, as long as it is increased.

19 hours ago, AgentZer0 said:

I honestly have no clue how this works, and I suspect it is very buggy.

1) I've never had a discount coupon for my most played heroes e.g. Pebbles, but sometimes if I just play 4-5 games with a new hero e.g. Glad I suddenly get a discount coupon for the hero - but only for selected avatars (and usually the cheap, not so good ones). 2) That said, these discount coupons never appear in the actual shop, and is only visible if you try purchasing the avatars during in-game picking phase. 3) And if you wait a week or so, the discount coupon you had for the hero, even if you never used them, disappears. I think a discount coupon for your most played heroes is a valid suggestion, but imo it doesn't work very well atm. There's also the consideration that people sometimes want to buy a new avatar for a hero they never played before - so that they can start playing that new hero more. 

So far, it looks like people unanimously agree that we need improved silver purchasing power - it would be great if people can also elaborate more why they think a certain way of doing so is better. EU has mentioned how changing silver coin prices would be logistically easier than changing how much silver you get from each game - my counter suggestion would be a Universal-Basic-Income of sorts (500-1000 silver per month for meeting some criteria e.g. playing 10-20 games that month) that could be less controversial since someone might feel disgruntled for buying an avatar for 3k silver but next week it got decreased to 2.5k silver. 

Hope to hear more thoughts!

I am sure that you get it for level 2 mastery and there is another discount coupon that you will get around level 12-13.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, Ladonien said:

A clever way is to play the hero so you get the discount coupon on that hero

but that coupon only works for like 7 days or something? I never know when I level up a hero or what rewards I got for doing it

20 hours ago, SupaPowaXXL said:

but that coupon only works for like 7 days or something? I never know when I level up a hero or what rewards I got for doing it

Yeah lol.