4.9.1 Hotfix Patch - February 5, 2021 at 1am EST

We will perform a 4.9.1 Hotfix Patch on February 5, 2021 at 1am EST. It will take approximately 2-4 hours to finish.

Timezone disambiguation: https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=February+5%2C+2021+at+1am+EST+to+local+time

As far as compensation goes, we will announce that when the time is right.

Thank you for your patience!

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Compensation is nice and all, like, I enjoy free stuff. I'll take free stuff all day. But is it really necessary?

I'm not trying to be the kid in class that reminds the teacher to collect the homework, I can understand it winning back some good will from people inconvenienced by the game being down/being required to use the 32-bit client temporarily.
But are people really this petty? Can't go more than a couple of days without your moba fix? >,>
Sure HoN prolly can't afford to lose any of its player base, but I would've thought that everyone still playing HoN is doing so because they've realized there's no other game out there that's as good as HoN, so it's worth sticking with it. At least until we get HoN 2 or somethin 😛

Maybe it's just my perspective having lived through the great ddos'ing of 2011, but an outage for a couple days that isn't really even an outage because you can still play on the client you've been playing on for the last 10 years, seems like a non-issue to me. 🤔

Like, I wouldn't think the playerbase would need to be compensated for sticking with the game after such a minor inconvenience. If anything I'd think this would be a reminder to everyone how fortunate we are that HoN is still around and being actively supported. If the game goes down for a couple days then bruh just add another level to your base in Minecraft and come back. idk

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Appreciate the work you guys are putting down, and thanks for making a small compensation 🙂 Last night me and my buddies had planned for a night of HoN but since none of us have the 32-bit client was installed we jumped over to other games. Glad this got solved so fast!

Can you not touch our favorite game? so that we can just play quietly. We're already outnumbered, and you're creating more and more problems from patch to patch. And the players lose interest and hope. Let us enjoy at least what's left of the once-coolest game. A strong request from the entire gaming community, when the game is running normally, do not touch it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, madmars said:

Can you not touch our favorite game? so that we can just play quietly. We're already outnumbered, and you're creating more and more problems from patch to patch. And the players lose interest and hope. Let us enjoy at least what's left of the once-coolest game. A strong request from the entire gaming community, when the game is running normally, do not touch it.

As a player that spent and spends money on the game, and donates money to the game, don't count me in when you say "entire gaming community". I don't want this game to fade, and believe that updating it and innovating it is the way forward, sometimes there are mistakes, but you can't move forward without mistakes.

Edited by Lunarios
35 minutes ago, madmars said:

"entire gaming community"

Don't group me with your beliefs. 

3 hours ago, madmars said:

You are likely a very minor part of the community - and I'm glad that your request does not reflect the "entire gaming community" but likely very few individuals. No need to generalize it. 

• Like 1

Can we atleast get some updated information on how it's going?? Been trying to queue games since 11.00 (When it was supposed to be up and running). Why dont patch at night? Why on mornings? And why is Brazil server up (atleast says so in game) but not Europe and US (Where there is most playerbase)?? 

Edited by zezze

Hey guys, really appreciate the hard work you're all putting into the game and keeping it alive after over a decade now.

That's honestly an achievment on its own👍. As i think we all understand by now HoN has mostly older gamers and the timing is more of an issue now for us.

Being able to know in advance the hours we can be online to play is incredibly appreciated by most of us i believe.

Since there is activity from an SGM in this thread we would expect it to relate to the topic and perhaps shed some light on the fact that matters which is 'when can we all play midwars again:)'

thank you, apologies if the message is coming off a bit rude, i assure you this is not the case. you know just written word and all that

cheers

I left HoN on overnight. I tried to play and got "no reposnse form the server" answer. I restarted HoN and updated to version 9.2
It asked me again about another update to version 9.3 - of course I agreed. The update does not take place, the launcher gets an error at the calculating update stage. Is there anything I can do?

Owww, now it's roll up to 4.9.1.2
lets see

....aaaand

no repsonse form the server

Edited by NoobbooN91
16 hours ago, Floofboy said:

Compensation is nice and all, like, I enjoy free stuff. I'll take free stuff all day. But is it really necessary? ... . idk

This guys doesn't Love HoN. I cannot imagine a life without HoN.

16 hours ago, Floofboy said:

Compensation is nice and all, like, I enjoy free stuff. I'll take free stuff all day. But is it really necessary?

I'm not trying to be the kid in class that reminds the teacher to collect the homework, I can understand it winning back some good will from people inconvenienced by the game being down/being required to use the 32-bit client temporarily.
But are people really this petty? Can't go more than a couple of days without your moba fix? >,>
Sure HoN prolly can't afford to lose any of its player base, but I would've thought that everyone still playing HoN is doing so because they've realized there's no other game out there that's as good as HoN, so it's worth sticking with it. At least until we get HoN 2 or somethin 😛

Maybe it's just my perspective having lived through the great ddos'ing of 2011, but an outage for a couple days that isn't really even an outage because you can still play on the client you've been playing on for the last 10 years, seems like a non-issue to me. 🤔

Like, I wouldn't think the playerbase would need to be compensated for sticking with the game after such a minor inconvenience. If anything I'd think this would be a reminder to everyone how fortunate we are that HoN is still around and being actively supported. If the game goes down for a couple days then bruh just add another level to your base in Minecraft and come back. idk

Lol, you rly don't know the HoN Community, don't you? 😄 Just check the HoN FB Page. Literally 1 hour after the patch came out and there were some server issues: "omfg, you suck, deinstall this trash game", "fck you HoN Devs, all you do is shit" etc.

Must be pretty embarassing to keep this game alive and then get this crap from the community 24/7.