About Adrenaline

Hello! some talks about adrenaline... I don't quite understand his role in the team. I see it's completely based on early ganges and positioning and synergy with team skills in the late, but what he should do if 1vs1? run? Any ways to get profit for killing from the 3rd? (exсept pulling to the tower)

what is the true procast? pk+3+2+4? or trying to do fast max dmg during the ulti? I can't find any gameplay videos on the youtube, so if there're good players here played it, tell me I wanna look at gameplay

what is the true top items? my chose

pk (must have??)

boots

bloodborne maul/ behemoth's heart

shrunken/ genjuro/ kuldra's sheepstick/ null stone

dawnbringer

daemonic breastplate

Sorry for my english if something wrong and 1500's minds. I'm triyng

Edited by killewind

Just think him as a deadwood. He used to capture one or two enemy and duel with them without let them escape.

Item: He's still a new heroes of this patch so i guess. Pk and shruken head is a frist choice. Later you should think of null stone / dawmbringer and it's very much cost all the gold he can farm.

You can also think of lex talon and sol's bulwak frist. It's very good item on him early and also give him assist without touching enemy

HoN SEA Player

The hero is mostly about fighting multiple enemies at a time, as long as there are 2 or more enemies you should attempt to engage them and harass as much as possible while making sure your Q is lined up with 2 heroes at a time. I'd be cautious about trying to engage directly with many enemies (3-5) unless you have the back-up of your team.

I personally see Adrenaline as a Ganker/Initiator/Tank, I don't think he's a good Carry. He has a very low Autoattack base speed and very low Agility growth per level, late-game many hard-carries will outperform him DPS-wise (The Dark Lady, Forsaken Archer, Maliken, Predator, etc.)

Protection items, mobility items or multi-utility items (Such as Portal Key, Shrunken Head, Barrier Idol, Barbed Armor, Ultor's Heavy Helm, Frostfield Plate, Behemoth's Heart, Dawnbringer, Spellshards, Nullstone, Daemonic Breastplate) would be very good on him as they will allow him to survive longer - and it means he will be able to cast his spells more times, help soak damage from the enemy team, and have a longer Ultimate duration.

I personally wouldn't try to engage a single enemy target with Adrenaline unless you are far stronger than the enemy, as most of the time it would be a waste of time (as you don't deal enough damage to secure a quick kill on a single target, and it will require you to chase long distances - you risk getting caught by additional enemies from multiple sides, and getting yourself killed). I would try looking for weaker/equal-in-strength targets in numbers of 2-3 enemies at a time along with someone to accompany you to help secure kills. I would avoid dealing with larger numbers of targets such as 4-5, and reserve it for full team-fights. During a team-fight, I would rather engage in 2 different tactics: Either separate the enemy team, or drag the enemy team towards your team and lock them down with the ultimate. The separation technique is good to prevent using the full potential of the enemy team's strength, and the dragging the enemy team towards your team is good for engaging a team-fight that you are sure you are able to win.

I think the most important thing to remember is that you are primarily a spell-casting hero, and your DPS is mostly based on the accuracy of your spells. Therefore you should put on a greater priority to position yourself very well against the enemy, always make sure you have at least 2 enemies in a straight line of fire, as one missed application of your Q will put it on a 4 second cooldown instead of a 0.5 second cooldown (4 seconds is enough for your Arena Ultimate to end without you casting any additional spells, so it is quite a big problem if you miss).

And again about carrying with Adrenaline, I think its possible in certain games under specific circumstances, but if you're facing a good, well farmed hard-carry you will fall short even if you have GPM/XPM advantage over him. (A farmed Chronos can freeze you and use that time to kill you, Predator deals bonus damage based on your health and has natural magic immunity abilities against your spells - and as you are a Strength hero and will most likely have +Str items - you are in a problem against him, Swiftblade can use his Ultimate to deal damage while staying Invulnerable - and then use his W to prevent autoattacks and return critical damage to you).

Ok, this hero turned out to be differ I've seen it in the first games. It based on making permanent damage, moving and mb absorbing dmg. I thought he had good dmg increase from str+(for 1st skill) and became a good auto attacker in the late but no. so my minds about top items are shity

Edited by killewind

Adrenaline shines when trapping enemies that are out of position or locking down teamfights when your team has the advantage, you gotta be carefull about enemies with jumps or pks since those can enter your ulti. Hes a ganker/initiator/semitank and you should build items that allow him to join the fight quick (PK, Shroud) and tanky items to survive inside, ofc there are other good items for him that dont enter those categories (mock, frostfield and others come to mind).