A new season should start when there are actual punishment for smurfs and more account value. Otherwise the season will start again and smurfs will take down all MMR economy again. 

Also other fixes should be in place before that, however there are other priorities at the moment for the FB team to deal with...

Edited by marveh
5 hours ago, ``Luishas said:

They actually wanted to have a healthier TMM i think, making a season this long should put players where they belong overall 😄

no... making season this long is only inflating the ranks

I've played hon for a longer time without seasons than with seasons, and I drastically prefer going without season resets since it's always a mess in the first few weeks waiting for everyone to get back to their proper ranks. 

Every six months or a year could do a new season. Link this event to a date (for example: birthday HoN).

New fight for rating, prizes, chaos in teams. At least once a year, it's not so bad and hard.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, Im_Near said:

Every six months or a year could do a new season. Link this event to a date (for example: birthday HoN).

New fight for rating, prizes, chaos in teams. At least once a year, it's not so bad and hard.

Agree.. since there is no challanges at all.. or at least make something similar to Battel pass where you earn items/coins each level you progress.

time to step up!

16 hours ago, ElementUser said:

New Season releases are up to the discretion of Garena & not me.

If there is news to announce regarding a new season, then it will be announced.

You can ask garena right for new season ?

^ because Garena owns Heroes of Newerth

reset would do the following in my Opinion :

Pro 

+ Queue times for HighTier-Players would go down for some weeks 

+ Rewards gonna get reseted (finally some rewards, there are people with 1,5k and above mastery level and the highest reward is for lvl 100)

+ clean up ladder from people who dont play the game anymore

+ HighTier Players wouldn't leave because of +0,4 games

+ everyone has a "fresh start" giving incentives to play more

+ facing a bigger range of players and not only the same 20 - 30 Player rotation 

Contra 

Speculations :

- HighTier Players might quit cuz they dont want to play with and against 1200-1900 range players / lose their stats (yeah there are smurfs now too but theres alot of Highranks that dont enjoy Smurfing and would be forced to if a reset comes)

-Low/Mid Tier Players could get frustrated cuz its harder and takes longer to get back to the rank where they were for a few weeks 

(Lets say ur a regular 1600 Player and start at 1500 with and against 1800s u might get trashed to 1400 with even worse stats then now, just to recover back to 1600 in a few weeks/months )

not sure how much work goes into a new season or what the reason is Garena not wanting a new season - probably some financial Issue or it takes too much capacity

But it would be cool to get a new season 

• Thanks 1
On 2/12/2021 at 4:15 PM, wheniquqq said:

Contra 

Speculations :

Since apparently you can only speculate on contra-points and are certain about the Pro points - let me add some rather certain things to the contra list. After all I endured a couple of resets and know what will happen from those:

• I (personally) will simply stop playing HoN completely for probably two or three months (not that I play much anymore anyways)
  • Balance of games will drop by a lot. Basically 90% of games of the first 1-2 weeks will be complete stomps. The effect will tapper of slowly, but it'll take month before it's back to a reasonable amount. Of course that's only true for bronze to (including) gold ranks. Diamond and above will be fine pretty fast.
  • Everything at Diamond or above will become close to what it is right now pretty quickly - let's say it'll take around a month. So people that don't have subaccounts will want another reset in a month. Others will just start smurfing all their accounts again until they run out of those and request another reset.