My problems with Blitz are:

- He's a generic cc burst hero with only Quicken as his distinguishing feature.

- He's overloaded with forced synergy. W R both slow, E giving himself movement speed, which inherently give each other diminishing return just so Q can do big damage with its gimmick. Not mentioning R simply replaces W as a superior version of it for most purposes.

- He still has great potential with his design, which i'll now try to improve.

Changes:

Q: Blitzkrieg:  Blitz gains charges with every attack and distance he traveled in the last 3s, each attack gives 10 charges and every 30 distance traveled gives 1 charge, up to 50 charges. Target an enemy to deal 85/115/145/175 + 1/2/3/4 magic damage per charge and stuns for 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5s. Cooldown rescaled to 12/11/10/9s. (Maximum of 135/215/295/375 magic damage).

- Traveling for 1500 distance within 3s will give Blitz max damage, great for initiation and/or during a fight/chase. However Blitz will need to ramp it up by attacking and moving around if you catch him off guard, being disabled for 1~2s will severely reduce his charges, making it a built in counter play for its great damage). Thematically fitting for great momentum vs when it's broken - blitz.

W: Changed to Overclock: Activate to instantly deal 20/40/60/80 magic damage and grant Overclocked to nearby enemy heroes for 5s. Overclocked heroes are Sighted and Blitz gains increasing attack speed over time toward them. Blitz gains 30/40/50/60 attack speed per second, peaking out at 90/120/150/180 after 3s. Radius: 550. Manacost: 100. Cooldown: 24/20/16/12s.

- Is a debuff, doesn't work vs SH.

E: Quickening: Target an ally to grant both them and yourself 50/75/100/125% movement speed for 2.5/3.25/4/4.75s, or target self to gain double that amount and 25/50/75/100 to your maximum movement speed cap for the duration.

R: Fine as is.

Reasonings:

- Q reworked in order to not be entirely dependent on a 5s delayed slow of a W + E or R to deal any damage. E -> Q is still a great initiation tool, but not mandatory as the only option. Q deals massive damage at 9s cooldown and now has healthy synergy with the rest of his kit.

- W made to be a good stand alone spell and also has good synergy with the rest of his kit unlike current one being just a redundant slow. Being a debuff, you can counter W by having purge, it won't be a true carry steroid even with SH. 

- Both spells now pushes for auto attack boost/synergy making Blitz a true semi-carry/support hybrid.

- E can able to be shared, scrap this if too op or whatever.

I really like Blitz as a hero, and I want to give my opinion on this as someone who plays Blitz from time to time (Mostly in sui/support lanes).

E (Quickening) - I think it's in a really good spot and its a distinguishing feature of Blitz, but the fact that you can only use it on either yourself or an ally, and not both at the same time is kind of sad (as it could feel absolutely amazing in duo-man ganks), so I like the idea of E applying to two people at once.

R - I think it's in a really good place.

Q - I think it's in a really good place and I personally wouldn't like to see it changed, especially not in a ramp-up form (I mainly use the skill as a main damage-dealer harass spell or immediate surprise gank spell combined with R for a damage burst, so giving it a ramp-up would ruin the experience for me personally)

W - I think it's amazing that the skill sights enemies, it's amazing versus Night Hound sui laners / Scout sui laners as a Support Blitz, incredible harass potential. I personally don't know however how useful extra attack speed on Blitz will be, as he does not really benefit from attack damage / attack speed from my experience (a Blitz with Ghost Marchers / Stormspirit / Energizer won't really deal that much damage with extra attack speed). However, on a second thought, 180 attack speed does sound like a lot, and it could boost his damage early on quite a lot, but towards the mid-late game stages it kind of falls off and loses its power I think.

Overall I think Blitz is in a really good spot, but he kind of falls off as the game progresses towards the later stages of the game. Maybe he could use some extra touch up that would help the team in the late-game. Like E applying to both Blitz and the Ally he targets, much like the Electrician Ultimate was changed in the past, or perhaps, W increasing the attack speed of allies that attack the specific enemy targeted instead of increasing Blitz' own attack speed against the enemy, much like Accursed's passive ability (This way it benefits the entire team and not only Blitz, especially in a late-game scenario).

These are my thoughts on what you wrote and on Blitz in general.

Cheers 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

I don't like Q, for the sole reason that the mechanic does nothing while it's on cooldown. By the time it's up, you'll be max charged anyway! So having that mechanic there makes no sense. It also feels bad if you only start gaining charges right after it comes off cooldown, because HoN is a fast paced game & Blitz will generally want to use his Q off cooldown.

W is a cool concept and makes him go fast - but is it really needed? If anything I can just add AS gain on Blitz on his current W to give him that flavour.

E is broken without gating it behind something else, you'll almost always be able to buff up yourself and your ally to a speed that may as well be max speed even at level 1-2 in the laning phase. I like the design where you get more MS if you use it on yourself, but that only serves to increase the nuke damage cap on Q slightly.

==

In the end, I won't implement much of the proposal

Edited by ElementUser

i always think blitz's problem is that his spell require to target unit, and he have 4 of that type

I can see why his Q is the problem because the damage is not guaranteed. I myself also dont like the fact that i need to max my ms in order to deal damage.

i'm not sure what to talk about his W. You can heavy slow the enemy while giving some free time to auto attack (or run around !! ). The skill did well when you build as semi-carry, but i rare see anyone good at blitz semi-carry except my friend (lol)

In the end, i dont know what Blitz need, Q's mechanic change?, Nerf or buff his skill, no more too many target's skill. Nah It always hurt my finger when play blitz so i'm pass. Maybe some rework will be better for him

Edited by w3wstarboy

How about making his E passive (adding MS if a spell is casted, similar to pyros attack speed gain). Downside of that is that it cannot be cast on teammates anymore. To fix that, his W could be cast on a teammate with a similar, but turned around effect (slowing blitz while speeding up the allied target).

That way he would still have a save mechanism. 

Edited by hegelsohn
15 hours ago, ElementUser said:

I don't like Q, for the sole reason that the mechanic does nothing while it's on cooldown. By the time it's up, you'll be max charged anyway! So having that mechanic there makes no sense. It also feels bad if you only start gaining charges right after it comes off cooldown, because HoN is a fast paced game & Blitz will generally want to use his Q off cooldown.

W is a cool concept and makes him go fast - but is it really needed? If anything I can just add AS gain on Blitz on his current W to give him that flavour.

E is broken without gating it behind something else, you'll almost always be able to buff up yourself and your ally to a speed that may as well be max speed even at level 1-2 in the laning phase. I like the design where you get more MS if you use it on yourself, but that only serves to increase the nuke damage cap on Q slightly.

==

In the end, I won't implement much of the proposal

The Q change is to apply a different damage gaining mechanic to make it independent to E+R combo. Also, you would only have max charges off cooldown if 1. Blitz is already in combat, needing to put out 5 attacks within 3s, you only get this with a semi carry build with sufficient attack speed (new W synergy) and 2. Initiating a combat with E and travel a total of 1500 distance or mix in 1 attack to lessen the distance needed. Just casually moving nonstop won't guarantee you max charges, so imo this mechanic is serving its purpose in gating Blitz's Q's max damage within those 2 specific scenarios, but does give Blitz insane damage - 375 damage, if he could maintain this play pattern while he would be doing minimal damage with Q if he was stunned prior to using it.

In the end this Q change is independent, doesn't force you to use both haste speed on self and massive slow on enemy - which is always a waste, rewards semi carry build and has built in counter. I don't think the mechanic makes no sense as i explained above.

W i would say is needed, reason being what you talked about afterward, making it AOE means 1 less point click, it's also giving blitz utility in sighting heroes around himself. The reason i think Blitz doesn't need another slow on W is that, his Q is a stun, his E is haste speed, and his R is an ultra anti-SH slow, his current W doing a lesser degree of E and R mixed together is redundant, unless his design has problem and he somehow needs more of the same thing.

E, i agree. However, it was my impression that the scaling on E was to tier its effectiveness against slow, so i didn't want to put the number too low. If we're to explore the concept we can try different numbers, say 30/40/50/60% bonus MS on self and ally, increased to 60/80/100/120% if used on self. Using on self wouldn't only mean increasing (old)Q damage a bit, but actually counteract the effect of slow.

I think Blitz as a supporter is a waste. The heroes is very interesting and impressive with a semi carry build, the problem is his auto attack damage is little small but that isnt really a big problem

we should separate blitz with other support because blitz's skill work like fayde/magmus as a ganker rather than supporter

I don't know but, to me personally, Blitz is just fine as he is right now. The only thing that needs to be addressed at him, if at all, is his W.

I really like combo heroes (like Flux+Engi, Tempest+Flux, etc.) and this puts Blitz in a self-combo category - which I tend to like. So all those Charge generations or intricated and complicated mechanics don't really resonate with me personally very well, so I have to disagree on that aspect.

I absolutely adore the whole aspect of Blitz, with his lightning fast spellcasting abilities - E R Q and the enemy is lost as to what's happening. The only thing that doesn't sit well with him in my opinion is his W, which is rather DoT and slow-acting spell, and in conjunction with his lightning fast abilities - doesn't resonate very well. However, it's a very amazing utility in the laning phase against a Scout or a Night Hound as a Support in short lane, I must say.

I'm not trying to discourage anything, I just feel obliged to state my opinion regarding Blitz specifically.

Edited by Lunarios