Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

My favorite heroes to play

Valkyrie, Bubbles, Pyro, Demented Shaman, Pharaoh, Tarot, Rhapsody, Glacius, Chipper... many more

I really love so many heroes in this game. It's really a shame it isn't the most popular DotA clone because it feels the best to play.

Nomad is by far my favorite hero, followed by Pharaoh. I like how those two have had so few changes over the years.

I also like Slither, Nitro, Bramble, Scout, Benzington, Goldenveil, Magebane, Ophelia, Flint and many others I've starred on the learntorium.

And I still miss the old Draconis. Forever a favorite. While it resembles Slither or FA, it really is was (please bring old Draconis back lol) a hero like no other in the current pool.

Funniest, but not Always most sucessful: 

FA, 

Draco (before meta)

Circe,

SS mid, 

Bubbles mid/sui,

Fayde,

Shellshockflux,

Revenant,

Bs,

Kung klout,

The dragon girl seems fun in My Head, but i hate her. 

Prophet,

Witch slayer,

Berserker,

Slither,

Soul reaper,

Tort

15 hours ago, Palpatine_ said:

And the forum trolls rebelion has been foiled.

The remaining forum trolls will be hunted down and banned! 

The attempt on HoN's life, has left it scarred and playerless. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!

IN ORDER TO ENSURE OUR SECURITY AND CONTINUING STABILITY, UNDERSTAND THIS!

The original poster, his name: xLym, has sent us a subliminal messages stating that: "HON IS DEAD", and  you can read it in his list of hero names, reading just first letter, which is basic example of unappropriate behaviour on forums. He also tried to trick you all with his second post, where you can read in his list of hero names(reading just first letter), word ALIVE, and with that, trying to fool you to backtrack his first post, and somehow realize what he wanted to say.

FOR SAFE AND SECURE SOCIETY:

1.Delete this post.

2.Ban xLym and his alt. accounts.

3.Permanently ban xLym from HoN forums.

Lol, I just realized that. Are you perhaps a xLym alt account? I know it's weird to say that but I think because no one responds such subliminal message so someone has to say it out loud to catch the attention.

1 hour ago, `Alee said:

stfu kid 

oh, come on don't be too harsh because (s)he kidded.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Only playing MW...

Moira - brokenly strong initiator that can take all the mana from a hero like Armadon or Dr. making them useless. Just rush pk immediately (after power supply) and use illusion to avoid any personal risk when possible. I used to hate her and didn't get the hero now she's my fav. But since nobody plays her everyone complains the moment they start losing games. And sadly she's only a carry very late with early pk/staff, so if team can't fulfill other roles you still gonna lose.

Ellonia - make sure you are tanky enough for any dive and you can sit around making mid range a living hell for enemy team and that ult is great. Staff, pk, etc and go dunk on people. Godlike when Mad Mage was strong.

Bramble - Staff effect makes him silly tanky lategame, can save allies or add to tank with vinewall, ult behind someone almost ensures at least one kill. Useful early, sticky killer lategame if built for harass and tank.

Artesia - not op but if you get the ult nuke combo off in game very fun and effective. was very strong with Armor of Mad Mage, but now they nerfed that 😞

Sapphire - Going all damage and relying on skill for extra attack speed you're hitting most of their team with crazy damage. They go magic armor to counter you and you shoot them directly and just do physical instead with all those damage items you've picked up. Great range and elusiveness plus enough shield from ability to survive most bursts from one or two enemies long enough to run.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:23 PM, Palpatine_ said:

And the forum trolls rebelion has been foiled.

The remaining forum trolls will be hunted down and banned! 

The attempt on HoN's life, has left it scarred and playerless. But I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger!

IN ORDER TO ENSURE OUR SECURITY AND CONTINUING STABILITY, UNDERSTAND THIS!

The original poster, his name: xLym, has sent us a subliminal messages stating that: "HON IS DEAD", and  you can read it in his list of hero names, reading just first letter, which is basic example of unappropriate behaviour on forums. He also tried to trick you all with his second post, where you can read in his list of hero names(reading just first letter), word ALIVE, and with that, trying to fool you to backtrack his first post, and somehow realize what he wanted to say.

FOR SAFE AND SECURE SOCIETY:

1.Delete this post.

2.Ban xLym and his alt. accounts.

3.Permanently ban xLym from HoN forums.

This guy has been elaborating on a plot by the trolls to overthrow the forums.

I only play mid wars on this account and my other subs. Here are my favorite characters:

Berzerker: 

- Love this character, such an awesome concept and feels great to play and he's intellectually-engaging

- His chain is great in mid wars for setting up kills at early levels, and later on immobilizing targets with blinks

- His strength sap, though, I feel is weak, even in mid wars. The radius is too small, and the sap is not fast enough. Often my sap would end early because enemies have moved out the radius - because the radius is so small. When I get in the thick of things - the sap takes too long, so by the time I have gotten meaningful strength I have already taken so much damage and I'm at low health lol. The new Barbed Armor helps provide a deterrence from being focused, somewhat, but still would be nice for his sap to be buffed

- His ultimate is amazing, but the cooldown (CD) is too long, and so when his ult is down he is kinda useless in late stage games. I've even tried building Grimoire on him lol, and it's great but expensive and doesn't really give him applicable stats, unless you build Harkon's to take advantage of the magic steal. Berzerker is very reliant on having to press many buttons (Q,W,E,R,insanitarius etc.) in battles, so adding Grimoire is yet another activation you have to keep at the back of your mind - creating a lot of "mental overload" in having to play this hero

- Also his mana pool is really poor, so if the enemy has a carry or two that are building nullfire blades - you kinda get wrecked. You can still ult, but you need to use at least Mark for Death to get your attack speed and movement speed, and by the time you take down your 1st target, you will have no mana left to use W (or Q) for another target

- He's a very difficult hero to play, because you have to think very carefully in battle about selecting your targets and when to engage. But I still love him and this intellectual aspect makes him very engaging to play . Insani & Shrunken are typically necessary for me, then I've had great success with Wingbow (for the evasion and attack speed), and then a strength item like Behe's Heart or Symbol. In the rare case where a game stretches very long - I also build Harkon's xD, but it's difficult because of the mana drain and his mana pool. I still have more experimenting to try with this character on different item combinations

- Oh and his Staff of the Master effect is really not helpful - I think they should revert his Staff effect to buff his ult - reduce the cooldown and remove the % damage taken, because at the moment having a 20% execution threshold on his chain doesn't really make sense given this hero can hit for 20% to 30% chunks of health. The key issue to me are - the availability of his ultimate (cooldown), % damage taken while in ult, and his mana pool

Shadowblade

- Man this character is such an amazing design, but he feels too weak these days

- I love thinking about different ways to play Shadowblade - this hero is so versatile in the way you can a) choose your stat, b) choose your items, c) choose the form you want to play

- His W skill that drains damage I feel is under-rated, it's an incredibly good skill

- I feel though that something is just not clicking with this hero, and the problem is that his Q, W, and E don't synergize that well with each other. I know, it's difficult to balance, but I feel in late game you end up just choosing 1 way to play - usually ranged E or melee W - as his Q is now terrible to use in melee mode because of the low attack speed - unless ofc you are building a straight tank and don't want to dish out damage but absorb it for your teammates - but then compared to other tanks you are a bit lacking because you have no stun or other utility like the other tanks. So why bother picking Shadowblade if you want to be a pure tank?

- Agility is probably his best stat because attack speed is quite valuable if you are trying to carry. However the struggle for me is that if I want to carry, I actually find that the Intelligence items are extremely powerful - Hellflower, Kuldra, Harkon, etc.

- So then I get stuck on what stat to ult - because if I ult Agility for the attack speed, then the Intelligence items I buy will give me no damage from the +Int stats

- Going pure agility gives survivability problems, so then I try to combine with strength items - but again I have to choose which stat to ult, and the other stat from items will not give me damage

- Thus I think Staff of the Master should be changed so that Shadowblade's primary stat is not a single stat, but becomes TWO of his highest stat

- Still overall, love this character

Other characters I like:

- Tundra (under-rated in MWs)

- Corrupted Disciple

- Calamity

- Fayde

- Scout

- Oogie

- Maliken

Edited by Ceryneian

My biggest love is Aluna.

She got a strong nuke, a stun and escape. 

I have juked or even turned many early game go's on me (get an golden apple at the start - trust me)

Have played almost 1000 games with her and global sniping works almost every time.

Hell ! Even sniping enemys Kongor is ez with it.

Ok so, my intention in this post is to say that: HON IS DEAD , trought hero names in first letter.
But nobody realized that.

S2 should delete this post. Because its usless and only purpose was to hide message that "HON IS DEAD".

For me it depends on the alternative avatar, I enjoy putting up music in youtube that fits the selected avatar and feel immersed in the atmosphere.

So it goes like - Shamrock Klanx and I put 1 hour of celtic music.

Slender Grinex - 1 hour of sad piano music.

It's really a blast to get into the vibe of the hero and the alt.

King Crab Tremble - 1 hour of tropical caribbean beach music. TIME TO PINCH!