Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Hi all,

Thanks to @HyperXewl and a trusted server provider we have spoken with for a few months, we are able to temporarily put a BR server up (physically located in Sao Paulo) for HoN!

We have temporarily closed off our LAT server (which is actually in Texas, USA) to encourage players from South America to play on the BR servers.

For the BR players: please play on the new BR servers and let us know how the experience is. This is only temporary for the foreseeable future. If we actually get a large number of BR players playing the game on those servers and actually get the income from BR players, it is possible for the BR server to be a more permanent solution.

- Frostburn Studios

======

UPDATE:

We encourage players who are not in South America to untick the option to allow themselves & others to have a better experience (ping-wise).

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just 1 caveat for now - because of the UI, players have it enabled by default, so games are filling up super quickly 😞

We encourage players who are not in South America to untick the option to allow themselves & others to have a better experience (ping-wise).

If you turned it on for all of players then why didnt you just turn it off? Are you going to reset the games effected by your massive mistake? What are you doing to compensate the players that accidentally queued into BR server games and lost / fed because of 400 ping games? Can we delete the BR matches from our game history?

Edited by Deadkul
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ElementUser said:

Just 1 caveat for now - because of the UI, players have it enabled by default, so games are filling up super quickly 😞

I am sorry for offtopic, but found no other suitable way. Can u tell us what happened to lore.heroesofnewerth.com and how now to access all those amounts of lore an wallpaper staff? Maybe reach the site's owner to get it back online at least for a couple of days or send the material any other way? Because even the main site of HoN leads to that resource.
The posts there were uploaded by ACEJr and later Necroth, if that somehow helps.

Edited by ArrowDoctor

Please don't encourage South American players to play in the BR server. Ping is still lower on USEast. Playing from Perú I got 200+ ping on the BR server and some others were claiming in game 400+ ping. International internet cables don't seem to cross the Andes, so it's likely that the high ping is just a western South America issue. My experience was just a Midwars game that was remade almost inmediately, so I'll still try to join some more games to see how it goes.

Edited by Emukle
  • Like 1

In the game client you need to make so that after turning on new servers, the check mark is not automatically put on them. Now all players who do not know this will play on Brazilian servers with high ping, spoiling matches for themselves and other players.

Edited by Im_Near
As a longtime HON player, I appreciate being given the opportunity to get back to playing like before. I tried a couple of mid wars and it feels very gratifying to be able to play what I like with a good ping, I just have to thank and hopefully it can be permanent

As a longtime HON player, I appreciate being given the opportunity to get back to playing like before. I tried a couple of mid wars and it feels very gratifying to be able to play what I like with a good ping, I just have to thank and hopefully it can be permanent

On 1/7/2021 at 4:25 PM, ElementUser said:

Hi all,

Thanks to @HyperXewl and a trusted server provider we have spoken with for a few months, we are able to temporarily put a BR server up (physically located in Sao Paulo) for HoN!

We have temporarily closed off our LAT server (which is actually in Texas, USA) to encourage players from South America to play on the BR servers.

For the BR players: please play on the new BR servers and let us know how the experience is. This is only temporary for the foreseeable future. If we actually get a large number of BR players playing the game on those servers and actually get the income from BR players, it is possible for the BR server to be a more permanent solution.

- Frostburn Studios

======

UPDATE:

Since this server was enabled I started to get a crazy high ping which doesn't even let me move or do anything. 

I've tried different servers but it happens the same, including the br server

On 1/7/2021 at 6:25 PM, ElementUser said:

Hi all,

- Frostburn Studios

======

UPDATE:

Hey, BR player here. After over 10 years playing HoN getting around 180-200 ping I finally can play at 40 ping. I want to thank you guys!