Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Stop reworking and changing skills on existing heroes !

First thanks for the 64 bits game. It is Excellent !

Can you please stop REWORKING existing heroes ?  If you have an ideea about a skill  then GREAT !  MAKE A NEW HERO !

There are persons coming back here after few months / years of pause. They will need to learn a lot, making this game even more difficult.

Reworking heroes skills (ex Adrenaline ultimate, DR ultimate, etc, ) just bring frustration and persons who don` t   want  to play that hero anymore.  You mess up the Hero guide, the Hero items, the Hero skills with this .  Every player has his own build and items for the hero, but when you change/ rework  everything is mixed and confused.  Check Hero Usage.  Adrenaline is worse, it is the very last there. Because of changes.. Again ...if you have an ideea about a new skill , make a new hero instead of ruining the ones that are already in game

Or, if you see the Hero usage drop that much, at least admit that you made a mistake and correct it, giving the hero his skills back.

Thank you !

Edited by Sitting_Duck
edit.

Fair sentiment, but new Adrenaline's numbers are just underpowered. Conceptually, he is much healthier for the game and brings something unique in (allowing enemies to use mobility skills as they please, but they are confined to the arena).

His previous "niche" (True Damage % based on Max HP) barely had counterplay, and wasn't healthy for the game.

Most heroes that end up being reworked only get reworked to solve a multitude of problems that aren't feasibly fixable with numbers.

Adrenaline was fun, but a lot of it came from abuse of sorts. He was a niche pick with not easy to master mechanics. For that reason most opponents that randomly queued in ranked didn't have the preparedness to dodge his shards, and the punishment was immense. A troll pick that you never knew how it'd be utilized. And that's just the casual side of him compared to high TMM problems related to his item-dependence, or lack thereof.

Try to enjoy the other stuff this game has. There's plenty. I for one was tired of Adrenaline weak push early on if no one bothered to contest the hero's presence, so his current skillset is a breath of fresh air. Just need to wait for a few tweaks so he's viable again.

OK so if his "True Damage" was the problem then I have a suggestion. Adrenalin's was so fun to play before, very unique in how his mana mechanic worked, same as how Ra uses health for skills. 

So my suggest is, why not change him back to his old self, just change the true damage to superior magic. If they have a shrunken active, the enemy receives only 50% of the damage lets say (something to what parallax has on his ult with staff effect) you guys can tweak the numbers.

Please bring back the old Adrenalin cause he was insanely fun to play. The whole "trapped" concept on his ult now literally does more harm than good. Only people suffering from it are his team mates... can't begin to count how many times we've lost a team fight cause of Adrenalin. Also, since you reverted Rampage back to his old ult, why give Adrenalin a skill that does the same?

I'm guessing you guys can't make new heroes atm, but please please please save those "skills" for the future.

• Like 1

The infinite mana /energy mechanic was also a big part of the problem. It gave him infinite harass in lane. Problem is if it was toned down too much, it wouldn't have the same value or feel, so there was no real saving the hero. 

• Like 1
On 1/6/2021 at 7:49 PM, ElementUser said:

The infinite mana /energy mechanic was also a big part of the problem. It gave him infinite harass in lane. Problem is if it was toned down too much, it wouldn't have the same value or feel, so there was no real saving the hero. 

Was this mana / energy mechanic abused somehow  ? I mean was adrenaline used soo much that he climb in top of hero usage list  ?  Please note that not all the persons are playing at very high MMR . A lot of players are playing for fun. Take the fun from the hero   (ANY HERO ) and the hero sink in hero usage list at the very bottom. When you rework a hero please take in consideration the average HoN player also.  And one more suggestion please  : Make some polls. Make them very visible (on HoN game also, where are the announces) . I feel that need to be more communication between the  Team (persons) in charge to rework / buff / nerf heroes and the HoN players. And not the Elite HoN players,,,the average skilled player . 

Thank you for your effort to make this game great again, i really really appreciate what are you doing there !

Back then, there's simillar topic with Nitro who want old Nitro back.

Now all of them crying, ask for nitro nerf and no one ask for old nitro come back?

The old Andrenaline is fun? Excuse me, who actually have fun when playing with him? his teamates, his enemy or the player who play andrenaline himself?

The new one is weak, sure, let's buff him next patch

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

4 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

Back then, there's simillar topic with Nitro who want old Nitro back.

Now all of them crying, ask for nitro nerf and no one ask for nitro come back?

The old Andrenaline is fun? I'm sorry, who actually have fun when playing with him? his teamates, his enemy or the player who play andrenaline himself?

The new one is weak, sure, let's buff him next patch

My post is not about changing / reworking a particular Hero, but about the ideea in general. It will be nice to consult some more opinions. It is ok to buff / nerf  (do some fine tuning ) . But to change the spells / mechanics on a HERO ?  Why not making a new hero with a new name ? Instead of changing soo much in a existent one.

Posted (edited)

@ElementUser Just asking. Can you please explain how and Who is taking the decision to modify a certain hero / spells etc ?  I mean what is the procedure for this one ? There are some rules  (guide lanes) involved ? Whos opinions are asked  ? Thank you !

Edited by Sitting_Duck

In my opinion, maybe is better to put more time  when creating a new hero (and more tests), then release it and after  a while  realize that something is wrong and the skills need to be totally reworked. (not fine tuning but totally change the hero)

If you creat something but end up with no one play it or it cause too much problem to be keep up its design. Instead left it alone, why not remake to make it fresh and new?? See old Nitro for example

Creating a new hero costs a lot of money, recording voice etc. Donate to the goals and we might get one after.

Right now I think the priority is to update the game, servers and just keep the game working and fun.

• Like 1

The cool thing with the old Adrenaline was that you had % mana you regained back as it was the only hero in the game that uses an "Energy" mechanic like Rogues do in World of Warcraft. It would be awesome if there was a hero that had a rage mechanic like the Warrior have in Wow.

I'd like to see "Energy" concept as bonus trait rather than the main trait on the hero, such as giving the hero a summoned unit utilizing energy or the hero shapeshifts into energy utilizer. 

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread: