Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Why not do a battle pass?

I imagine that one of the problems in HoN is the economic problems and I have seen that many of the online games of any game mode to collect those funds use a battle pass, I am very good for HoN as new players are coming by this from quarantine. I have thought of that option of a battle pass with levels that contain merrick chests and that initially give away the most basic avatars and that also contain plinko tickets and that disable them in the hero advances and as they go up, give away avatars of much more beautiful and expensive heroes. This battle pass could be costing between 20 and 30 dollars and I am sure that many would buy, I would buy it and help HoN a lot.

I only bring ideas to help this game that I love and well if it is not taken into account then I will continue to give ideas to help the game

• Like 2
6 hours ago, DragnSlyer said:

I imagine that one of the problems in HoN is the economic problems and I have seen that many of the online games of any game mode to collect those funds use a battle pass, I am very good for HoN as new players are coming by this from quarantine. I have thought of that option of a battle pass with levels that contain merrick chests and that initially give away the most basic avatars and that also contain plinko tickets and that disable them in the hero advances and as they go up, give away avatars of much more beautiful and expensive heroes. This battle pass could be costing between 20 and 30 dollars and I am sure that many would buy, I would buy it and help HoN a lot.

I only bring ideas to help this game that I love and well if it is not taken into account then I will continue to give ideas to help the game

It seems to me a good idea since it will activate the economy again in the game, impelling to invest in it. Most games nowadays are based on battle passes so it would be somewhat accessible.
Let's try to innovate in these new alternatives, thus keeping the game active.
Thank you.
  • Like 1
On 4/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, DragnSlyer said:

I think it sounds great but , creating this type of implementation already involves investing good hours of computer work and programming which translates into monetary investment, And I think Frostburn is trying to keep this to a minimum... I mean minimum investment translated at maximum profit.(It’s a personal opinion)

We would do it, except that requires a completely new system, not to mention a constant stream of products. Something that will likely take at least (and likely more than) a year to actually set up & execute properly with the level of resources we have (not to mention that more growth = more servers needed).

That's a whole lot of resources put in for what we're likely not recouperating back. Consider all the expenses for professional art & sound assets over time as well. With the current situation, it's just not feasible, and there are other priorites we have anyway.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Sad 2
  • 7 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 5:11 AM, ElementUser said:

We would do it, except that requires a completely new system, not to mention a constant stream of products. Something that will likely take at least (and likely more than) a year to actually set up & execute properly with the level of resources we have (not to mention that more growth = more servers needed).

That's a whole lot of resources put in for what we're likely not recouperating back. Consider all the expenses for professional art & sound assets over time as well. With the current situation, it's just not feasible, and there are other priorites we have anyway.

It doesn't have to be perfect from the beginning. Start with plinkotickets, coupons for shop and access to a new part in shop selling removed skins or something.

I think people would just like to help out and improving the system as time goes by would only make people happier.