Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

It seems like the server got frequent issues and more than weekly I experience lost games due to server crash or related issues. 

It seems to me like whenever there is an issue they put a bandage on it, and it only covers the issue but doesn't fix it. So is it a lack of funds or what is it? 

And if the last, why not just sell HoN? Is it because of the rights to the mobile game and due to the amazing investments in China? 

Edited by ironhamster
poor grammar
50 minutes ago, ironhamster said:

It seems like the server got frequent issues and more than weekly I experience lost games due to server crash or related issues. 

It seems to me like whenever there is an issue they put a bandage on it, and it only covers the issue but doesn't fix it. So is it a lack of funds or what is it? 

And if the last, why not just sell HoN? Is it because of the rights to the mobile game and due to the amazing investments in China? 

That's usually all you can do. If something crashes or has connection issues, you have to fix it.
But it's also because of money-issues I guess - if you can just keep dozens of servers as backup which you can just switch to whenever one server farm doesn't work anymore, customers don't notice any issues. But you have to keep a lot more servers running.

There are currently two Donation-goals available for which you can donate money - one of those are better servers and better stability. It is already reached, but more money will definitely help.

Selling HoN will most likely not happen. HoN itself doesn't really provide much money anymore, so there won't be any companies paying enough. But if you got a couple of millions on your bank account, feel free to contact Garena about that 😉. Rn the brands are probably more expensive than the actual games (Newerth, Savage, etc).

• Like 1

We're actually working very hard on the servers as of late and it's being our top priority, the thing is we've had to focus on anti-ddosing cat and mouse games so we've been moving providers and developing protections which directly cause complications, but the silver lining is that things are getting better, tho it may not seem like it expect to see far better performance, lag, and stability in the coming months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

At some point, if you face a server issue where the server starts slowing down completely with DC icons, slow-motion-like, and kicks you out of the match without being given the ability to rejoin, then this is considered a severe issue and could possibly result in a revert of this match on your account, which means you will not lose the indicated MMR upon the start of the match. To do this, you have to contact the customer support at support.heroesofnewerth.com. However, resort to this option if and only if the mentioned issues above apply.

Ha, the direct result of donations are not the server improvements, but Brasil Region New Servers 😄 Existing servers are getting worse and worse as times goes by. My regions are set correctly, but lag increased very noticeably after New Year and I don't enjoy this laggy and slow-mo type of game. Money not spent well, unfortunately.

Best regards

Edited by PlavaLaguna
12 hours ago, PlavaLaguna said:

Ha, the direct result of donations are not the server improvements, but Brasil Region New Servers 😄 Existing servers are getting worse and worse as times goes by. My regions are set correctly, but lag increased very noticeably after New Year and I don't enjoy this laggy and slow-mo type of game. Money not spent well,

Best regards

unfortunately, some problems that some users always meet are universal for all games. I don't think something suddenly happened and all went bad no....and yes - maybe after releasing 64 bit version  some old problems were exposed a little more and % of people who got connection problems raised a bit, but it's not about that things you think about. Just listen a man who spent last 20 hours fixing the same problem and succeeded.

Heroes of Newerth your grown-up child. First they grow up, then they ask you for money, and after that he is already life-burned uncle who got his own job. I do not know how much you've donated and  did you donate at all

I mean this game is Free and donations are donations and are free. Personally for me it's all clear for now with this game and i'm really surprised FB team still takes care of her child.

On the other hand i still trust that this game is much more interesting, more beautiful and have much more potential than even the same dota...It's all about marketing. I heard some Newerth heroes will leave battleground and join Dota 2 team to continue their adventure in another world..so seems FB selling rights of the heroes and it is absolutely financially right decision. Because the last thing that could be done besides selling and closing is a new global marketing event (big financial risk) and rework HoN to Champions of Newerth, slowing allgame speed action for about 10%, delete 2\3 of produced alt avatars from Marketplace and 1\3 of new produced heroes. (Balance in game become more groggy. And this all is much more financial risk, so lets just be happy that we still can play this wonderful game 🙂

Ha, the direct result of donations are not the server improvements, but Brasil Region New Servers

Wrong 🙂 they where donated for free by someone very nice.

If you're getting higher ping, then I can sit down and help you diagnose your issues, send me a PM and we can figure out if its you or the server