Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

[Update] Regarding MacOSX Catalina/Big Sur (HoN 64-Bit)

TLDR: Closed Beta for HoN 64-Bit on MacOSX this January 20th, send me a PM if you'd like to participate!

Hey there!

Just a quick update, first of all I wanted to thank all those who have donated so far for this, you would be quite surprised how much this really helps out!!

We're outsourcing professional help to get this to you guys, so any support you can give helps alot, if you'd like to help accelerate the release, please consider throwin a couple dollars on the pile here, thanks!

Donations - HoN Forums (heroesofnewerth.com)

Thank You. ❤️

------

The current progress is well, it works! Playable on the Latest Big Sur, handles like a dream.

Right now the objective is getting it production ready, installer/updates/build scripts and some various polish that's missing, there will be a few absent things at first, the following things will be missing from the initial release and will be added a month or two down the line:

• No Login Animation (FFMPEG)
  • No MOTD/Ladder (Chromium/Awesomium)

The future plans would be to add these, and patch all the OpenGL issues such as broken shaders ( the random white textures you see ) so the game looks closer to the DX9 Client, these would be quick fixes as we're also working on a full OpenGL API rewrite.

-----

The issue we face is well, we have no testers! I've only tried this on Catalina and Big Sur and this is on bare metal emulation (GPU Accelerated) and not real mac hardware as I do not own one.

I am looking for testers of all ranges, High Sierra, Mac Pros, Macbook Airs, and especially, especially M1 Macbooks who can test the x64 emulation, good lord, get in my test group you handsome gentlemen if you have M1.

So I'll be releasing a CLOSED beta on January 20th, those who participate will have direct line of communication with me and full time technical support.

If you'd like to participate, send me a PM and I'll send you a copy and a private discord group link to chat with me so you guys can give feedback, I'm especially looking for testers with unique situations/hardware, or even hackintosh users.

Cheers

• Like 6