Geomancer ultimate not being as rewarding as it should be

As the title states, Geo himself is in a bit of a weird state where he rarely sees play due to his ult being too obnoxious to setup for it's "little" reward.

I would like to suggest a Solstice Treatment of sorts to push him back into the pool of viable heroes.
This would include the ultimate being "buffed" in total but also requiring longer duration to build up for it's maximum effect. Simultaneously also allowing to quickly break it if you just need it focused somewhere to interrupt an ongoing teamfight to give your allies a short breather, or to stop an opponents retreat or regroup.

Suggestion 1:

[R] Crystalfield:

Create a growing Crystal field in the target location that starts out at 400 units diameter and grows to 900 units diameter over 4 seconds. May be activated early again to prematurely detonate the crystals. Upon detonation the Crystal field deals up to 300/400/500 Magicdamage (starting at 100/150/200) an applies up to 2.5 seconds of stun (starting at 0.5).

Staff of the Master:

Increases Min and Max Damage by 100 and adds 0.5 second stun duration to Min and Max. Additionally the target area now also turns into a growing pit of quicksand that starts out at 500 units diameter and grows to 100 units diameter over the duration and will last two more seconds after the crystalfield has exploded. The Quicksand Pit slows affected enemies by 25% of their Movementspeed and restrains them.

Suggestion 2:

[R] Crystalfield:

remains as is

Staff of the Master:

Apply [W] Earth's Grasp to all units that are within the Growing Crystalfield for it's entire duration and the stun, or until they leave, stacks with [W].
When Geomancer uses [Q] to surface within the Growin Crystalfield, it will errupt the Crystalfield and apply a 25% Movementspeed Slow, a 0.5 Second Ministun and 150 Magicdamage to all opponents affected.

numbers in particular to diameter of affected area may not be taken face value and can be altered, they serve merely a placative purpose.

Edited by MerryHONmas

spacer.png

Geo ult can be very strong since it can be chained with Q, making it a long range 3.5/4/4.5s AOE chain stun. But yeah on its own it's a pretty meh delayed stun for an ult, with visuals that enemies can see and avoid. I'll put my own thoughts in:

Crystal Field: Now does 2 explosions after 1.5s and 3s. First explosion does 150/225/300 magic damage and applies 40% slow for 1.5s. Second explosion does 150/225/300 magic damage and stuns for 1.5/2/2.5s.

Also about Earth's Grasp make it so the target also takes full damage if it's affected by slow, it's really underwhelming.

Nah, i dont see any problem with the current ultimate, just it's not giving enough reward. There is many way to make it become good without rework it. Increase stun time or damage deal, give it some other side effect or a slow before it explode.

The problem is geo stalk (E): this skill was OP before and it is nerfed to become a very weak, sometimes punish the player when use it. The exist of this skill make geo become a selfish support who doesn't offer anything to teammates expect the Q stun. I like the old quick sand skill that somehow become very strong when putting in right place, and share a help to setup Crystalfied