Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Hi there and Merry HoNmass! 
Can anyone tell me how MMR system works? I mean when u get 60 MMR in first mm games, or 45? which factors involve (kills, streak, ...)? and does the 6 first MM games have MMR caps? like you wont get more than 1700 MMR? or also I want to know what is the interval of ranks, for example  as I know gold 3 stands between 1610-1645, but gold 2 stands between 1645-1685. I will appreciate your time and your kind answer.

• Like 1

You need a minimum of 5/0 kiIIstreak (Iegendary) for +60mmr.

Max. mmr from pIacement matches is 1700mmr. 

The minimum for just a win is +15mmr.

For a Ioss you get -8/15mmr. (Edit: you might very weII gain mmr for a Ioss. If you get bIoodbath for exampIe but Iose the game you get +60 +-15 = + 45mmr)

GoId 1 is 1686 - 1724mmr. Dia 3 is 1725 - 1764mmr. Dia 2 is 1765 - 1804mmr. Dia 1 is 1805 - 1849mmr. Ieg2 is 1850 - 1899mmr. Ieg1 is 1900 - 1944mmr. ImmortaI is 1950+mmr.

Edited by Froschbein
  • Like 1

Hijacking thread, are there any streak bonuses at all in the game to model someone returning to an old account and advancing very fast or losing very fast to better fit them to their real mmr faster?  

I mean after the placement matches. 

Edited by Ondis

All accounts should have been reset to 1500 including old accounts at the start of this season. Placement games determine your MMR and give you more or less MMR. Rest is business as usual.. Around +5 mmr for a win and -5 for a loss. -10 if you leave and get terminated. Not sure if you can get more for archiving immortal/annihilation after placements but nothing significant I'd assume. As the season was hard reset, your prior rank should not play a role for your MMR after placements.

No but what I mean is people could be playing on a main or sub or smurf account getting really good the returning to an other account and kicking ass winning like 10 wins in a row, possibly their mmr should start increasing faster then. Same with the opposite i guess. But yeah I dont think theres somethign like that 

Posted (edited)

As a supp player I always gold 2 and 3 rank in first 6 match, you cant hit the kill streaks with supp. sometimes I am 0/5/20, so u get regular 15 mmr for win. My friends always hit the cap while I am 1600, and it took a supp 20 wins to reach 1700. I think you should consider the KDA or sth else for support players. (I got gold4 for 6-0).

Edited by Witch__KinG
  • Like 3