30-40 FPS in Well; Powerful PC

Hi all,

Recently, I bought a new motherboard to overclock my Xeon e5-1650 from 3.2GHz to 4.0GHz in hopes that increasing my single core performance would increase my HoN performance. It seems to have led to a decent increase in performance allowing me to maintain 50-60 FPS around most of the game at ultra settings, however it goes to 30-40 FPS when I am near the well in base. Has anyone had a similar issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Specs:
Motherboard: Sabertooth x79
GPU: RX 480
CPU: Xeon e5-1650
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to fix it by switching to the 32-bit client.

EDIT2: It is still lowering to 30-40 randomly in lane skirmishes 😞 on 32-bit client.

Edited by Augment

Thank you for the helpful response! After a clean reinstall of Windows 10 and stabilizing my overclock to 4.2GHz, I've been running this 11 year old game on ultra settings at 100+ FPS. Guess I should have recognized earlier that my PC was not powerful with respect to this game and resigned myself to my deserved 30 fps.

Edited by Augment

Disable Shadows and turn off Reflections.
Those two settings hits the CPU the hardest, you should see a nice performance increase if you disable them.
The Xeon E5-1650 is a server processor from 2012 and doesn't have the best single-core performance, so that's what's limiting your FPS.

• Like 1