Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Timeout question

Hello, in a recent game I timeout and could not re-enter the game. However, when the game is done I download the replay to see what happend. I notice that my hero are moving at small interval in the pit while I am timedout, why is that? It actually looked a little like I tried to avoid afk tag, however I do not think the moving range was large enough to work against that mechanism. Anyway, this feels awkward and almost like a weird hack since I was dominating the game and could not re-enter even when my internet was back. Any comments? Thank you.

ps: I did not try to enter from command window (ctrl+f8:reconnect) since I was not aware of this option at the time.

1 hour ago, Diabetis said:

your allies used your hero

Pretty much this ^^

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

23 minutes ago, `Shattered said:

Pretty much this ^^

Again, this was before they gain control of my hero.

47:40 I d/c from game

49:09 I got afk flagged warning

50:08 I timeout from game

So between this, they cannot control my hero and I literally move small steps in pit at intervals. I just think its strange, how can it move and why can I not re-enter the game?

9 minutes ago, Mezi said:

Again, this was before they gain control of my hero.

47:40 I d/c from game

49:09 I got afk flagged warning

50:08 I timeout from game

So between this, they cannot control my hero and I literally move small steps in pit at intervals. I just think its strange, how can it move and why can I not re-enter the game?

that was due to your connection and/or server lagging, your clicks probably made the hero move.

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

1 hour ago, `Shattered said:

that was due to your connection and/or server lagging, your clicks probably made the hero move.

Ok, I just thought it lasted for too long after my initial d/c to be lagging clicks tbh. But if you say so 🙂