Inflation of Elder Pickup

I think Elder should be readjusted to values between the old and the new numbers. 

This biggest issue i have with the item are the +10 in dmg and a relative reduction of dmg amp with respect to the old numbers of 20% (15%->12%).

The items offers too much now with respect to stack-farming, escaping, dmg-output ect...

I see it picked permapicked on heroes such as pred, fa, rav, puppet, ... 

Just some data - even not the highest ranked games - within the last days:

Edited by Physiker

I loved Elder getting some love as Whispering has for too long dominated as the quintessential lifesteal item. Feel like the last time Elder was picked up was in the 2013-2015 meta when carry & sui picked up Energizer + Elder over farming items. The thing about Elder is that it's a high risk/high reward item and for too long, especially with conservative carry playstyles, the risks have always far outweighed the rewards.

I'm hesitant to so quickly revert a change that is overall in the right direction to diversify builds (a buffed item being overwhelmingly picked up for the first couple weeks after release is to be expected imo), but agree that in this case the changes have made it very, very strong. I'm not convinced about a +10dmg buff to a 2k gold item being that significant but reverting the damage amp to 15% while keeping all the other buffs the same should be a sufficient scale back.

Edited by AgentZer0
1 hour ago, AgentZer0 said:

I loved Elder getting some love as Whispering has for too long dominated as the quintessential lifesteal item. Feel like the last time Elder was picked up was in the 2013-2015 meta when carry & sui picked up Energizer + Elder over farming items. The thing about Elder is that it's a high risk/high reward item and for too long, especially with conservative carry playstyles, the risks have always far outweighed the rewards.

I'm hesitant to so quickly revert a change that is overall in the right direction to diversify builds (a buffed item being overwhelmingly picked up for the first couple weeks after release is to be expected imo), but agree that in this case the changes have made it very, very strong. I'm not convinced about a +10dmg buff to a 2k gold item being that significant but reverting the damage amp to 15% while keeping all the other buffs the same should be a sufficient scale back.

This. Let's see if it gets picked up in actual tournament play.

Edited by ElementUser

I think its strong but it has to be.. or else it will NEVER be used.  Whispering helm was a cheaper item that gave more, and built into one of the strongest late game items.  So I would prefer elder being a little crazy when you use it, maybe nerf the passive stuff a bit but I love the item at the moment.