Why not have name of hero in title?

On 12/9/2020 at 1:19 AM, Whyzozerious said:

Please stop posting your useless questions in the modification section. If this was possible, don't you think modders would have done so by now? 🙄

Sorry...there are some with the hero title and some not, not sure why you have to be so rude.

9 hours ago, lve2raft said:

Sorry...there are some with the hero title and some not, not sure why you have to be so rude.

Didn't mean to be rude but your last post + this post in this section of the forums has been really unproductive and you could have PM me your question instead of flooding the mod section with questions that can be answered easily. Your first post regarding mods being capable in x64 client, you could easily just try it out yourself if they worked or not instead of spending time writing a post about it. 

Same thing with this. My point still stands. If changing the name of the mod was possible, it would've been done so but it's best to keep it this way to avoid confusion.

To shine some line on the original question:

The design team had a conversation about hero titles in the past, and the conclusion & consensus was that it created too much confusion & unnecessary aliases if the hero's title was included in their actual name, not to mention that some text would become less readable & that talking about a hero using 2 different aliases can be confusing for viewers (particularly if say, people from Dota2 or League of Legends watched a HoN stream on Twitch) and players alike.

You can of course refer to their aliases/hero titles however you see fit if you are interested in the lore - however, it is best for everyone that only 1 alias is used when talking about a hero in regular, daily-use situations.

Edited by ElementUser
16 minutes ago, Mr`Cactus said:

I think you misunderstood his question.

He asked if it were better to include the hero's name in the topic titles in this section. For example:

Pacman - Super Smash Bros ---> [Defiler] Pacman - Super Smash Bros

Either way, this could be discussed in private instead of making a thread about it. I will not rename all of the titles since the mods include who the hero is for when you click the link. The purpose is to find a mod they like based on what the mod is, and then clicking the link to find out who its for. I like the fact that he appreciates my work and that its free, but I don't want this section to be bombarded with questions that could easily be asked in person.

Just because its not the OP's preference to find my work, doesn't mean I should change for the only person who has a problem with my formatting. Sorry If I came off a bit rude but for someone to complain about something so minor just irritates me. Especially when I've put hours into this just for someone to tell me that my formatting is not to their liking is a yikes to me.

Edited by Whyzozerious
On 12/12/2020 at 12:53 AM, Mr`Cactus said:

I think you misunderstood his question.

He asked if it were better to include the hero's name in the topic titles in this section. For example:

Pacman - Super Smash Bros ---> [Defiler] Pacman - Super Smash Bros

You are absolutely right about that. I believe that this section needs Modification Rules, which will contain the rules for the topic titles design.
The topic title should be as descriptive as possible so that players don't have to check each topic for the mod they want.
For example: Pacman as Defiler - Super Smash Bros (.s2z)
From this example, the player will immediately understand that this is Pacman from Super Smash Bros game as Defiler in .s2z format.
Also, I would be very happy if the tag rules from the old forum returned ([Support],[App],[Hero],[UI Mod],[Guide],[Model],[Texture], etc).
For example: [Avatar] Pacman as Defiler - Super Smash Bros (.s2z)
My examples are given only to make it easier to understand the essence of my proposal.