Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Adrenaline

Adrenaline has now been reworked to this niche hero to catch other fast moving heroes.  The issue is that the new reworked hero is really not enjoyable to play or is it fun. 

First they scaled him differently, give him very very slighlty stats buff and made him melee. This first issue is that Adrenaline was already before the rework a hero with very low hero stats and was because of that easily killed. Now you changed him to melee, and barely gave him a armor buff and he is still in my consideration very very weak and easily killed. 

The new rework also gave the first 3 abilities as some kind of damage abilities, the big issue ive noticed here is that first, the damage output, when hitting every spell, and having average gpm does no damage, and the mana you use from these abilities, drains almost your manapool completely, its just super weak damage output. And these spells dont really scale good in later levels, the damage from Rush and Ember Shard does not scale at all it just seem to be more and more useless the longer the game gets. 

The Ultimate is also awkward, this ulti is to hold a hero in its place, you "catch" high mobility heroes, but here again, you would love to catch everyone in this ultimate and do some top 5 youtube video, but the reality is that 95% of the time you use this ultimate, you catch max 2 people, and when you catch these players you are still super weak, so when you got them in your ultimate you still do such a low damage and you are still super vulnerable. Adrenaline also gets 100% slow resistance and 100% movement speed, but why would he need that? he is stuck in his ultimate. You get 1 magic armor per real hero caught (2x for enemy heroes) and this does not scale for higher levels, getting 4 magic armor when you catch 2 enemy heroes in a 50 minute game does absolutely nothing for you and you will probably die instantly. The third spell is the only viable spell, but for how long? I made the third spell work for 5 minutes when you were in the laning phase and i was one versus one, other that it is still very weak, you will most likely have you use your Rush spell to get to the target and then you cant really drag him fast enough and when you drag him where you want you still do no good damage. 

The hero has been out for almost seven days now and its win rate have been steadily been decreasing. From being a hard playing hero with around 42% win rating its been lowered by 10% in just seven days, the hero is on a 32% win ratio. I have never seen a hero thats been reworked getting 32% win rating. In 90% of cases when new hereos comes out or reworks are being made the hero is usually strong, look at any hero thats been released the past 4-5 years. I havent seen one player talk good about the new rework or anyone have played it have enjoyed.  This hero is now a disater in my opinion, a hero with 3 damage abilities with super low damage, a hero with very low survival abilities, a hero with just 4 awkward spells.

I would say a fix to this issue is to just rerework this hero. From what i have heard about adrenaline is that it is strong in early precence with being able to harass people out of the lanes in early stages, again i find this true. I would say that increasing adrenalines  cooldown for his old Q spell in the early levels and give him a higher magic armor would scale him better for the early game. 

Reworking a hero should be if you really cant find a way to balance the hero, i think the rework of nitro was completely fine and it was actually good, it game him a spot being a early presence output, but Adrenalines rework completely failed. A hero that is supposed to catch high mobility heroes shouldnt have 3 damage abilities and no survival abilities, the hero is the most awkward and bad hero ive seen since i started to play this game 2011. 

• Like 1

That's fine, Adrenaline was already in a bad place before, so making it worse temporarily isn't harmful. Adrenaline's capability to perform no matter what item build he goes was a big problem, as % True Damage based on Max HP essentially had no counterplay. Even if he is underpowered now, he no longer brings that frustration to the game.

Hubaris made a better post about solutions & pointing out the problems in the Balance Dump regarding why he's having a hard time finding a place to lane & a place in HoN at the moment - he does not need to be completely re-reworked.

I've seen quite a few people say they really enjoy the new design of Adrenaline, but just that he needs performance tweaks.

For reworks, I would rather release something and leave it underpowered for a patch than leave it broken for a patch. It's the much safer way to release new reworked heroes - as you can see, with even a few tweaks, the reworked Nitro started to become frustrating after people discovered how to use her (when her rework was seen as weak upon release).

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1

My feedback:

- Better if andrenaline is strength hero, Q now scale basic on strength

- Q should slow 2s with 20% slow, each shard increase slow by 3%, and 0,25s slow extend, max up to 5 times

- Q now can click target enemy (like ws, behemoth, fayde)

- W consume half of the charge on impact

- Auto Attack cooldown reset after using E (like salforis, sir benzington)

- No longer gain Agility and magic armour, instead gain attack speed and physical armour. Enemies who being dragged to inside wall will receive magic damage

P/S: Andrenaline skill set look fine with me, however because he is die too fast and his skill didn't syn at all. so reduce the shard comsume on W and some QoL on his skill should be enough. And with the main Attribute change to str, he can increase his Q damage with str without worry about his survival

Edited by w3wstarboy

I've been waiting for a thread such as this to pop up - it was inevitable in my opinion.

In the first 3 days since Adrenaline came out, I played every night all night with Adrenaline - reaching 40 games with Adrenaline and a staggering 25% win rate.

When everyone around me got frustrated and mad, I kept trying and trying and trying to see if there's something that I'm missing. I managed to reach a very high degree of control over a hero that is very difficult to control, at least the way I see it. I've even had a few games that I've managed to actually get a bloodlust mid (with very tight mana and lane control, some Lunar Tears, and abusing the moment when an enemy is not paying attention to drag him into tower range to provide some extra DPS), and a game where I had a bloodbath with Adrenaline. However - mark my words - it was excruciatingly difficult. I had to perfectly time every spell, position myself carefully, dodge every hit, micro-manage my mana to perfection, and have near-perfect timings. I had to choose my battles very carefully, asses the level of attention of my teammates to my presence and the situation on the map. I do these things on regular basis with other heroes, but with Adrenaline it feels like it's not "part of the game" but more of "part of the hero itself" - no other hero in my memory had such high requirements for map awareness and team communication.

After all of that - I'd like to say this: Adrenaline is a few steps away from being overpowered. Currently, he's underpowered. However - if he will be changed with lack of care, he will rise from 25% winrate to 75% winrate in the blink of an eye. (Much like ElementUser said in an above post in relation to Nitro)

I'd like to say - from my play experience, what it would take to make this hero have a 75% winrate. (the changes below are what would make this hero overpowered and unbalanced). This is done in order to give a maximum of numerical changes to damage, as IMO we currently already have the minimum.

1. Q - Cooldown rescaled from 4 seconds to 5/4/3/2 seconds. 100% Damage to non-hero units. Damage rescaled from 80/115/150/185 + 50% of Agility to  115/150/185/210 + 70/80/90/100% of your Agility (up to a maximum of 400). Manacost lowered from 110 to 60/70/80/90.

2. W applies 3/4/5/6 Dread stacks on auto-attack. Applies 6/8/10/12 Dread stacks on Q. Damage rescaled from 20 + 10 per charge to 80 + 4/8/12/16% of Agility per charge (up to a maximum of 500). Manacost lowered from 70 to 40/50/60/70.

3. E tether now applies in Area around target rather than cleave, with a 250/300/350/400 radius. Duration rescaled from 1.8/2.2/2.6/3 seconds to 2.2/2.6/3/3.4 seconds. Grants static 12% movespeed buff on use and for tether duration.

4. Enemies trapped in Death's Halo are restrained.

5. Adrenaline receives 15/20/25% reduced damage from all sources while in his Halo Arena.

Let me explain the logic behind every change carefully.

First of all, Adrenaline is an Agility hero - this leaves him with poor Health scaling and poor Mana scaling. However, all of his abilities rely on Magic damage and a large Health Pool. I have found myself forced to pick items such as Jade Spire, Riftshards, Portal Key, Dawnbringer, Nullstone in most of my games. This lack of synergy between Adrenaline and the items he farms creates a gap of power between him and the other players on the map.

- Main weaknesses derived from the above: Very bad mana management (Need 2 mana potions + 2 Lunar tears just to keep head above water), poor farming ability (Takes a long time to clear waves, no forms of regen, mana issues), poor damage scaling (Lackluster damage late-game), poor sustained damage in team-fight (You miss your Q one time, and you're out), punishing mistakes (Very harsh angle control with autoattack tether, miss Q one time and you're out).

- Lowering the cooldown of Q from 4 to 2 seconds allows him to have less punishment if he misses his Q, AND it helps him farm much faster. Adrenaline already WON'T be getting much Agility items, so he mainly relies on his base stats + Ultimate Agility gain + minor stat gains from items such as Dawnbringer or Nullstone.

- It is very difficult as it is to bring a hero to full Dread Stacks, especially early on, and even when you do bring him to full stacks, the rewards are very minor. Rescaling the damage to apply to a significant % of agility is very beneficial to the relevance of the hero in all game stages in my opinion.

- It is VERY easy to miss your tether. VERY. One misstep, accident in choosing the angle of attack, missclick, and you screwed everything up. Not only that, but even if you do Dash forward, hit your tether, in the first stages of the game the duration is just not long enough for you to run back and pull the enemy towards you.

- There are many heroes that are still very problematic to deal with even if you do contain them - such as Monkey King, Kraken, Sand Wraith(Using Ultimate while in Arena, then transporting self to a different clone inside of Arena). This creates a situation that should be beneficial to the team of Adrenaline, somewhat more complicated than it should be.

The changes above make the hero very strong in my eyes, and it is what I personally wish I had had during my games with him.

It still remains however, puzzling, in my eyes, at least - that an Agility hero relies on Magic damage and Int items (Shards/Jade/Nullstone), and requires substantial Health Pool increases through items such as HotBL/Icon of the Goddess.

*Main Adrenaline drawbacks:

1: Q and W don't scale well into mid-game or late-game, while being relatively good early-game.

2: Early-game has high mana problems, which don't exist mid-late game. (Primarily during laning-phase, the mana problems are solved once you get a lightbrand/spellshards/jade spire/spell sunder - a very strange thing in my opinion, as an agility hero should be focused on getting agility items early on. at least in my eyes.) -another thing to note is that Lightbrand does build into Dawnbringer. I don't know if Adrenaline's mana problems need to be addressed at all, as long as his relevance throughout the game stages is buffed.

3: E really easy to misplay and miss (Evasion, angle of attack, stun). -Another thing to note is that most of the time you find yourself using your Dash skill in combination with the tether, basically losing the damage component of the Dash skill. This is not a good thing in my eyes.

4: Very vulnerable during R, most of the time you have the feeling that "You are trapped with the enemy" instead of "The enemy is trapped with you"

5: Overall, the hero has a very harsh game-stage transition curve, where if you do not secure a very early lead with gold/exp/farm, it is relatively very difficult to recover. That is, however, mitigated by some factors - the usefulness of his abilities remain static throughout the game, and the items that he requires in order to utilize the abilities are not the most expensive.

6: And I think the most important point - Adrenaline is the only hero in Heroes of Newerth; that is capable of single-handedly losing the game for his team with the usage of 1 ability, deliberately or indeliberately. No other hero possess a power that is capable of damaging his own team or the enemy team to this extent. It is like a double-edged sword, to my view. Even an unfortunate Behemoth Fissure block, which comes to my mind as an ability that has potential to ruin games - doesn't possess the level of damage to the ally team that is possible with Adrenaline's Ultimate.

Edited by Lunarios
  • Like 1

In my opinion, the old adrenaline was fine overall. It is true that "% True Damage based on Max HP" is hard to balance, however, I think this provided a valuable tool against unkillable heroes such as Oogie or Wild Soul that can easily crush teamfights 1v5 when farmed (maybe these kind of heroes like these are the real issue?).

Regarding the argument that any item build works on adrenaline, I think this a misconception. The way I see it, the reason why Adrenaline could build make most items work was because of the high passive mana regen, essentially requiring no mana item buildup before start being effective with other items.

I think if the passive mana regen on the (e) spell was conditional on hitting an enemy hero with a spell, such as granting a mana regen buff for maybe 5 seconds after hitting the projectile or dash, then the passive mana regen would be much more balanced. Conversely, if you miss a spell, you gain a debuff for 5 seconds where you cant passively regen mana at all (note the passive tag, active regen through e.g. bottle should still be possible). This would substantiate the concept of adrenaline being a high risk high reward hero. In the right hands, the hero would be a piece of art, while in the hands of the average player, the hero would essentially be hot garbage. 

Edit: On second though, a debuff after missing a spell is excessive. Just make the passive mana regen adrenaline had before conditional on hitting an enemy hero with a spell.

Edited by gillesberg

No old Andrenaline isn't fine at all. Let's say he destroyes 80% of enemy hp. No matter how his target try to survive with items, the damage is scale on the target himself made it unfair to any build.

Also it's weird that his ultimate allowed enemies to come inside the wall. It's made player feel like he trapped with enemy rather than enemies trapped with him, the buff made adrenaline a bit tanky and very fast but he cant survive if there is too many enemies

Edited by w3wstarboy
12 hours ago, w3wstarboy said:

No old Andrenaline isn't fine at all. Let's say he destroyes 80% of enemy hp. No matter how his target try to survive with items, the damage is scale on the target himself made it unfair to any build.

Also it's weird that his ultimate allowed enemies to come inside the wall. It's made player feel like he trapped with enemy rather than enemies trapped with him, the buff made adrenaline a bit tanky and very fast but he cant survive if there is too many enemies

That is very true. In my first 30 games with Adrenaline I felt like most of the time I am damaging my team more than helping them, accidentally trapping allies in bad positions, or creating a situation where I am trapped with the enemy - or my team is trapped with the enemy.

It takes a while to master the ultimate and various interactions, because it has so many uses - deny enemy teleport, protect yourself from enemy, trap enemy with you, save ally, etc.

Though the main problem I think is that his tankiness and survivability needs to be amassed through items, which is quite problematic - since he doesn't have an efficient farming method. I suggested too a change to make it seem more worthwhile to be in an arena with the enemy - where the enemy is perhaps restrained as well as trapped.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, w3wstarboy said:

My feedback:

- Better if andrenaline is strength hero, Q now scale basic on strength

- Q should slow 2s with 20% slow, each shard increase slow by 3%, and 0,25s slow extend, max up to 5 times

- Q now can click target enemy (like ws, behemoth, fayde)

- W consume half of the charge on impact

- Auto Attack cooldown reset after using E (like salforis, sir benzington)

- No longer gain Agility and magic armour, instead gain attack speed and physical armour. Enemies who being dragged to inside wall will receive magic damage

P/S: Andrenaline skill set look fine with me, however because he is die too fast and his skill didn't syn at all. so reduce the shard comsume on W and some QoL on his skill should be enough. And with the main Attribute change to str, he can increase his Q damage with str without worry about his survival

I would make him intelligence so you can buff his Q with sepllshards,spellsunder etc. And make his Q scale with ofc intelligence aswel. Since all you do with him now is run around trying to hit the enemy with his Q and use E to position yourself

On 12/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, ElementUser said:

That's fine, Adrenaline was already in a bad place before, so making it worse temporarily isn't harmful. Adrenaline's capability to perform no matter what item build he goes was a big problem, as % True Damage based on Max HP essentially had no counterplay. Even if he is underpowered now, he no longer brings that frustration to the game.

Hubaris made a better post about solutions & pointing out the problems in the Balance Dump regarding why he's having a hard time finding a place to lane & a place in HoN at the moment - he does not need to be completely re-reworked.

I've seen quite a few people say they really enjoy the new design of Adrenaline, but just that he needs performance tweaks.

For reworks, I would rather release something and leave it underpowered for a patch than leave it broken for a patch. It's the much safer way to release new reworked heroes - as you can see, with even a few tweaks, the reworked Nitro started to become frustrating after people discovered how to use her (when her rework was seen as weak upon release).

Its not "fine" when you log on the pc for a little game of hon and one of your teamates picks him 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 12:45 AM, ElementUser said:

Wouldnt better option be to just disable him for a period of time? If the hero is broken and has no counterplay then disable it. But now there is a trap hero in pool which when picked seriously lowers the chances to win a game.

2 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

Wouldnt better option be to just disable him for a period of time? If the hero is broken and has no counterplay then disable it. But now there is a trap hero in pool which when picked seriously lowers the chances to win a game.

No, there's no harm in some experimentation with a new hero. It's nobody's fault and some people have fun playing the new hero even in an underpowered state.

I've recently Picked him up and had alot of fun. I think if he turns into an str hero it would make sense with his skill set and make adrenaline too strong. I really Like the idea of letting him scale magic damage off of Agility. I'm sure most people that has played him have seen what big Damg he can do when you can Q multiple heroes I think increasing the girth of his Q would be a small change with a big boost to his gameplay. Changing his Ulty bluffs to make him more tankie would but appreciated. I cant find a reason leveling W or E past 1st level vs additional stats maybe reduced cooldowns would make they more desirable and it's not like you can spam spells with adren anyways 

Proposed Minor Fixes:

[Q] Refunds 25% Mana Cost per enemy hero hit (maximum 100% Mana Cost Refund), instead of refunding 60% of Mana Cost on 2 or more enemy heroes hit (still sets cooldown to 0.6 second when hitting 2 or more enemy heroes).

[W] Also drains 1% affected unit's Max Mana per Dread Stacks consumed. In addition, consumes Dread Stacks on auto-attack during Movement Speed bonus (still apply Dread Stacks first on auto-attack before they get consumed from this interaction).

[E] Grants True Strike to empowered attack and resets attack time on activation.

[R] Applies Dread Stacks by 4 per second to units within area.

Thought Process:

• This fixes don't solve Adrenaline mana hunger but at least he gets better mana management on disposal than he currently does.
  • Draining mana mechanic is underutilized because currently only Electrician and Witch Slayer utilize this mechanic (Fayde is excluded because she fills the mana combustion category).
  • True Strike and attack time reset are just a quality of life proposed change because it adds no damage on main target.
  • Quality of life change on ultimate because Adrenaline still needs to activate his Rush to consume the charges.
Edited by datfizh

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

I Like to max Q ignore get 1 in w 1 in e depending if your fighting heroes with escapes, than stats. I buy spellshards to fix mana issues and give you easy time farming. Than Energizer instead of Pk because I want team in ulty with me. Than just try to hit two ppl with your Q and you become a super strong hero 

So the closer we get towards the next patch, and the more games I play with Adrenaline - I'd like to give an update regarding to where I see Adrenaline. 

As of now, I have played a total of 123 games with Adrenaline ever since he was reworked, of which 46 are won games and 77 are lost games - standing at a total of 37.4% win rate. (Which is an improvement, I may say, since when I was at the 50 game mark - I stood at ~28-33% win-rate). Most of the games are at the 1600-1900 MMR bracket.

What I can say is - the better I get with the hero, the better I know his limits, his interactions with the environment, with ally heroes, enemy heroes, the better my communication skills become - the higher the win rate climbs. 

I'd like to put those 123 games I've played to good use - and suggest more specific changes for the upcoming patch.

So I'd like to make an organized list of benefits, drawbacks and possible improvement points that I see based on my experience, gameplay and style of play.

Adrenaline Pros:

- Very strong damage potential/gank potential between levels 3-11, very strong initiator at levels 11+

- Possibly the strongest initiation/teamfight/lockdown mechanics in the game

- Strong Duo-Laner, Solid Offlaner, Plausible Mid-Laner, Average Support, Poor Carry, Abysmal Jungler

- Has a farming mechanic (Unable to farm ancients/large camps efficiently, but farms medium/small/lane creeps very efficiently)

Adrenaline Cons:

- Very poor Mana Management (Somewhat solved with Mana Boots + Chalice)

- Very poor survivability (Somewhat solved with HotBL + Shrunken Head)

- Very poor single-target damage output (I avoid single enemies, even if it's an Empath during late-game and I'm fully geared and equipped, as I can't output enough damage to secure a kill)

- Damage doesn't scale towards late-game; Adrenaline's Q and W does not scale towards late-game very well, and you feel that even getting Spellshards to boost the damage would be a waste. Agility items to boost the Q damage are not very relevant, as your survivability will remain too low, and the Q does not scale enough with Agility.

Main Conclusions:

As it stands, Adrenaline is probably one of my most favorite heroes ever introduced into Heroes of Newerth. He is my #1 played Hero, and I have over 7000 games; just to emphasize the connection I feel with the hero. Mechanically speaking, it is absolutely magnificent. So sophisticated, complex, timing-based, skill-based, very high skill-cap, so rewarding to play correctly with.

What I would personally like to see next patch, is merely a few minor tweaks (that will create big over-all changes to his feel and gameplay) to his damage, mana and cooldown values.

I have a post when I was at the 40 games mark, which was rather vague about where I would like to see Adrenaline at. As of now, with over 120 games played, and having supported and played with other Adrenaline players - I have a more refined and specific will towards him.

Green: New Values Yellow: Old Values

Q. Shard Blast: Target a direction to throw a fast piercing Shard, dealing Superior Magic Damage equal to 100/140/180/220 + 40/55/70/85% (85/115/150/185) 20/30/40/50% of your Agility to enemy units hit (100% Damage to non-hero units) (75% Damage to non-hero units) and applies a base 15% movement speed slow that lasts 2 seconds. Each shard increases the slow by 5%, stacking up to 1/2/3/4 times.

If the Shard hits 2 or more enemy heroes, the cooldown is reduced to 0.5 seconds (0.6 seconds) and 60% of the Mana Cost is refunded. Reduces the cooldown of Rush by 2 seconds (1.5 seconds) for each enemy hero hit.

Range: 800. CD: 3 seconds (4 seconds). Mana cost: 60/70/80/90 (80/90/100/110)

W. Rush: Passively applies 4 Dread Stacks with autoattacks and 5/6/7/8 Dread Stacks from Shard Blast hitting an enemy unit. Dread Stacks last 6 seconds and refresh on hit. Max of 12/16/20/24 Dread Stacks applied on an enemy unit.

Target a location to charge towards it, destroying trees and consuming all Dread Stacks from enemies you pass through and dealing 3 Superior Magic Damage as Mana Drain per Dread Stack Consumed (Maximum 100 Mana regained per Rush for Adrenaline) (no damage to enemy health, only drain mana from enemy towards Adrenaline's Mana Pool) + (12 (10) Superior Magic Damage per Dread Stack Consumed). Adrenaline gains +16/24/32/40% Movement Speed for 3 seconds upon dashing through an enemy hero.

Range: 700. CD: 14/13/12/11 seconds. Mana cost: 70

E. Ember Shard: Activate to empower your next attack within 4 seconds to cleave for 100% of your Attack Damage in a 250/300/350/400 radius, restrains, and tethers affected enemy heroes for the next 1.8/2.2/2.6/3 seconds.

If the distance between a tethered enemy hero and self exceeds 750 units, the hero is pulled to self. The enemy hero is Stunned & Restrained while being pulled towards self, then Restrained for 1 second afterwards.

CD: 15 seconds. Mana cost: 70/80/90/100

R. Death's Halo: Activate to spawn shard walls surrounding the area around self for 5/6/7 seconds, reduced by 1 second every time you receive cumulative damage equal to 20% of your Max Health.

All units caught within the area cannot escape its area and units who do end up outside of the area will be forcefully teleported to a point back inside it within half of this ability's radius.

While active, gains 100% Slow Resistance, 100% Movement Speed, and 6/8/10 Agility and 1 Magic Armor per real hero caught to self (2x for enemy heroes).

The shard walls are destroyed if you die or this ability is canceled manually 2 seconds after it is cast.

Radius: 750. CD: 100/90/80. Mana cost: 100/150/200. 

Reasoning behind the changes:

In this post, I am aiming to solve 2 major problems and 2 minor problem that stand with the current model of Adrenaline from my perspective - DPS output as the game progresses, Mana Issues, Single-Target DPS and Farming.

Problem A - Adrenaline has a tendency to lose his damage output as the game progresses, I hope it will be fixed with changes towards the damage values of Q and W, along with the reduction of the cooldown values of those skills. The reduction in cooldown, along with the increase in damage, creates a situation where the overall damage output of Adrenaline increases, and misplays are less punishing. The change from Magic Damage towards Superior Magic Damage allows Adrenaline to stay relevant even if the enemy manages to get a hold of Shrunken Head, or any other form of Magic Immunity.

Problem B - Mana Issues: Adrenaline is a mobile ganker/initiation hero as it stands now from my perspective. I would like to purchase Ghost Marchers on him, instead I feel forced to purchase an item such as Manaboots (which to my perspective doesn't correspond with his overall "feel"). The change towards the W (Rush) Superior Mana Drain, along with the reduction in the Mana Cost of his Q aims to solve his mana problems, while not creating too large of a problem for enemies to deal with at the same time. It improves his first 6 levels of laning phase, improves his farming mana-management, sustainability during the entire game and the ability to output constant DPS during engagements and fights without having to rely on Lunar Tears or Manaboots. The addition of the mana drain towards enemies is a niche addition to make the hero feel more unique, I also think personally the game has too little mana-drain heroes or mechanics; it also sits well with people deciding to go for Nullfire Blade (I personally don't go that item, but it would be nice for it to synergize with the hero, as he is an Agility hero after all)

Problem C - Single-Target DPS output. Adrenaline on his own rarely is able to take down foes, or even challenge them, even if he has a level/gold advantage. Reducing the cooldown of Q, reducing its mana cost and increasing the damage output allows him to do so, without making him too big of a threat to single-targets (Like heroes such as Night Hound), thus preserving his identity as a ganker/initiator that thrives in multi-hero engagements.

Problem D - Farming. Adrenaline can farm well; however, I feel personally that it takes too long and costs too much (in terms of mana) to farm well. Increasing the damage of his Q to deal full damage to creeps, lowering the cooldown, and allowing him to regain some of the mana spent on clearing neutrals/creeps, will in turn improve his overall flow and "feel" in the game; while still maintaining him within certain boundaries (The changes won't be enough for him to be able to farm Ancients, for example; but instead will allow him to farm single-stacked, double-stacked or triple-stacked big camps efficiently towards the mid-late game or reduce the time he's required to spend within creep waves)

It is important in my opinion to keep Adrenaline's survivability low, to require the players to make a decision - Do I scale his single-target damage with items such as Nullfire Blade or Spiked Bola, or do I scale his survivability with items such as HotBL? It allows the players to go towards different roles with him - more of a Ganker/Semi-Carry, or Ganker/Initiator/Caster. Fixing all of Adrenaline's cons would create an imbalanced hero, so I think, so it is important to keep some of the cons in place. 

The end result of the changes is that we have a powerful ganker/initiator/laner, with very solid presence early-mid game, and good presence late-game. The hero is able to engage single weaker foes and possibly attain a kill, or gank with a teammate a single isolated foe without feeling completely useless. The hero still is very fragile, as he is an Agility hero and I think he should be kept that way - it creates a triangle of balance in my eyes: The hero is fragile, uses mana as main damage output resource and requires items to increase survivability OR damage.

Edited by Lunarios
  • Like 1

The main problem really is multi-attribute dependency (reliant on all 3 too much). Unfortunately (contrary to your opinion that is), we're going to do more drastic changes to his primary attribute next patch. Even with your changes only on their own, it would still make him too dependent on every attribute to do his job properly & would not solve the problem for the average player that plays him (compared to a specialist/devoted player like yourself).

It's possible he may be a bit overtuned next patch, but time will tell. I personally don't think he will be.

Thank you for your feedback though & I am glad you are enjoying the hero despite his low performance this patch!

Edited by ElementUser

I'm really happy to hear that. I understand very well what you mean by his main problem, as I believe I experienced it first-hand by having to buy items from all the spectrum of attributes (Agi, Int, Str). It may be contrary to my current opinion, but to my eyes it is fortunate - as I just wanted to see Adrenaline changed for the better, be it drastic or moderate changes. I'm really looking forward towards the next patch, uncovering the new methods to be used with the future changes 🙂