Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Niklason

Game freezlags when aoe is used

So like the title says i have this issue as of recently that sometimes when i use a skill (mostly noticed it when it is a aoe skill) the game lags for around 1-6 seconds is there any fix for this?

I made sure to disable all mods.

Specc:

Windows 10 x64 pro

I7 6700K

Rtx 2080

32gb Ram

Game on a nvme hard drive

Have you updated your graphic card drivers lately? I had the same issue but after the update i never had any problems!

If its up to date then i dont know what to do hopefully someone else got some ideas.

It's not a driver issue, unless everyone has outdated drivers.

I have that happening as well, as do all my friends that still play hon.

And the graphics issues don't stop there. I and some friends get random (or used to) green screens that can only be fixed by a hard restart of the PC or driver reset.

Luckily I haven't had them happen in a long time, since I found out the game bugs out if your FPS is too high. I have to play at 60 with v-sync turned on or otherwise the green screens are back.

OK, never mind. They were gone for quite a while, and yesterday after I posted the reply, as if to spite me, hon decided to bring the green screens back. So that's fun

Never had any issues ever with a green screen i would suggest making another thread for that issue. 

Any suggestions on what to try to get rid of the spike lags? 

I can confirm the AOE freezes. They don't happen every game and sometimes not once in a game session. But they do exist.
Had them with AMD GPU and NVIDIA GPU. Always up to date driver.

My current PC: Ryzen 7 2700x // NVIDIA 1080TI // Creative Soundblaster ZXR // 32 GB RAM // WIN 10 Pro // Logitech Mouse and Keyboard

i have the same problem me and my friend in the same house 2 different laptops i7 nvdiia gtx1050 latest driver, the game freeze eeverygame and not only once any1 know how can i fix it?

Posted (edited)

That's what the new Spyglass item at the start of the game is for. Use it at the start of the game to resolve your issue locally.

Edited by ElementUser

Posted (edited)

Try this config:

1. NVIDIA Control Panel > Control 3D Configuration > Program Configuration

Then disable this settings: Shadow Cache, Vertical Sync, Anti-aliasing, MFAA.

2. Set HoN to run with Administrator Privileges and compatibility set to Windows 7.

3. In game, go to settings > Search > Type "Main" > Disable new main interface > restart game.

4. Game Graphic settings: 

- Antialising: None

- Shader Quality: High

- Model Quality: High

- Shadow Quality: Low

- Texture Size: High

- Display Follage: Off

- Dinamic Lights: On

- Reflections: Off

- Rim Lighting: On

- Texture Filtering: 16x

- Refraction: On

- Post Processing: On

- Display Skybox: Off

5. Once and before everytime you get into a match, go to Task Manager and end "Awesomium_Process.exe". 

Hope this helps, for me this solutions completely fixed the issue, also it improved my FPS, so whenever i get into a big teamfight the game doesnt run slow.

Edited by `Testiecles

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2020 at 9:57 PM, ElementUser said:

That's what the new Spyglass item at the start of the game is for. Use it at the start of the game to resolve your issue locally.

yes just use it everyone. it solved my issue.

Edited by WayTooCooI

On 6/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, ElementUser said:

Here is another fun thing:
Ever since I use spayglasses at the beginning (please add a cast sound too, a "pop" or a "bang" or something :P) I randomly start encountering one freeze at any point in the match.
I have before NEVER been affected by this!
It is also not the aoe indicator that causes it, it is at some random point during any teamfight where the game suddenly seems to freeze for a second before resuming.
And this also happens during my first match only. If i play another after, no issues anymore whatsoever...

12 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

please add a cast sound too, a "pop" or a "bang" or something 😛

There is a sound 😉 - it's just (intentional!) a little bit quiet I guess.

1 hour ago, Manu311 said:

There is a sound 😉 - it's just (intentional!) a little bit quiet I guess.

no you misunderstood 😄
I know that there is a clown devo horn thing sound
but i mean like an initial cast sound that represents the "popping" of the litter bomb

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

Here is another fun thing:
Ever since I use spayglasses at the beginning (please add a cast sound too, a "pop" or a "bang" or something :P) I randomly start encountering one freeze at any point in the match.
I have before NEVER been affected by this!
It is also not the aoe indicator that causes it, it is at some random point during any teamfight where the game suddenly seems to freeze for a second before resuming.
And this also happens during my first match only. If i play another after, no issues anymore whatsoever...

Then don't use Spyglass if using Spyglass causes the issue? You're only supposed to use it if it causes you issues.

Also, if what you said is true about it not happening to you before Patch 4.8.4, maybe it's not Spyglass that is causing the issue then? It just makes no sense.

I really suggest just doing the full uninstall/reinstall loop and get rid of any local setting files you have. There's nothing else that can really be done though & you'll have to find your own way to deal with your local issue (since nobody else is experiencing the issue you're saying).

Edited by ElementUser