Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
CasterHoN

About up hill miss...

it never crossed my mind on how up hill miss works until now.

if any of you could explain to me how does up hill misses work? is it RNG or is it vision related? does true strike counter this feature?

would greatly appreciate on how this all works, cause its really lucky or annoying to get misses uphill and lost a kill or get lucky getting away alive.

thanks!

your average newbie

~me~

uphill is imho stupid mechanic ported from WC3 engine. It worked it that way that heroes that are attacking heroes uphill have x% chance to miss. I never liked that mechanic, it's not a big deal tbh unless u are 2k rated pro that plays in 1500 bracket and try harding by using everything to wreck his low mmr enemy

All ranged attacks from downhill to uphill have 25% miss chance. I dont know about true strike.

True Strike should stop all Miss Chance regardless of the source.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

13 hours ago, Anakonda said:

All ranged attacks from downhill to uphill have 25% miss chance. I dont know about true strike.

This - and true strike prevents these misses.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:27 AM, Hubaris said:

True Strike should stop all Miss Chance regardless of the source.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:25 AM, magicgirlj said:

and true strike allows you too never miss.

If you have a Savage Mace the game states 'Miss' though if you attack a hero who popped his Void. 🤓

That's more because of Void Talisman. It needs some kind of feedback, even though it is providing Physical Immunity.

Imagine if you will a person with Void Talisman and you try to click them but can't. Imagine how confusing and frustrating that would be.

"Miss" is probably the wrong word, perhaps "Immune" could be a better popup. Maybe EU can chime in.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Posted (edited)

The miss chance when attacking uphill is 25% (except in specific circumstances, like attacking a Ward of Sight/Ward of Revelation).

The "Miss!" popup from Void Talisman is forced on an autoattack that has a Physical effect type (which they do, barring exceptions like Ravenor's Power Overwhelming or Harkon's Blade modifier being active), regardless of whether you have Savage Mace or not.

Closing.

Edited by ElementUser