I think everyone knows that mvp usually doesn't go to the player with the highest impact on the game. People vote for fun or whoever is on their team. 

I suggest before players vote the heros availible already get points for every "award" they got (highest kill streak, most dmg to buildings...)

Since mvp today doesnt really show what its supposed to this could make it more accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

Initiators and support almost never get MVP, even when they're by far the best in the game.  If we were doing this properly, I think you have to let the player choose from all 9 other players.  This could be done in the post-game lobby -- where stats are visible.

FB tried to fix MVP by stopping self-voting and keeping the vote invisible but it didn't work for some reason and they reverted it.

I think they reverted because not showing the votes took the fun out of it. There was no reason to vote anymore I guess. I dont think anyone really cares about total number of mvp or any of the lesser awards, noone checks because you would have to compare to total number of games which doesn't work because accounts are older than the award system. 

To change thread direction I suggest:

1. Do the thing i suggested first to make MVP the most valuable award for real.

2. Put total number of awards (mvp, most dmg...) in parentheses after awards received in the last 20/50/100(?) games shown in %. 

This would make the lesser awards more telling about a players style and having a high %mvp would say a lot more than X mvp/ Z games which noone ever cares to check. Plus, seeing your % rise is a lot more satisfying than numbers you don't even care about yourself. 

On 12/10/2020 at 11:15 PM, SupaPowaXXL said:

I think they reverted because not showing the votes took the fun out of it. There was no reason to vote anymore I guess. I dont think anyone really cares about total number of mvp or any of the lesser awards

I think you underestimate the egotism of the average HoN player.

But fewer people care about MVP because it doesn't work very well.  Most people vote for themselves and people queuing together nearly always win it, even if they lose the game.

FB don't revert things that are no fun.  In fact, they reverted Engi to be less fun.

Allowing for self-voting simply boosts the egoism of the average player. Let's face it, we've all done it, because we can.

A small silver reward for the MVP together with 9 player voting, excluding self of course, could potentially make it less greed-focused.

Or opposite team MVP voting, creating a more friendly post-game chat and perhaps better community. Effectively removing the ability for a 3-5 man queue to vote for thoir team leader (or pre-decided MVP). This might cause the same result as hidden/non-self votes did.