4.9.0 Patch Notes - HoNmas 2020 Discussion

7 hours ago, swagggmaster said:

Love the patch, some really decent changes. But I must say the shadowblade change is horrible along with the frostwolf skull. A jack of all trades hero is useless when u nerf it to the ground and the hero becomes a non factor, and don't get me started on the frostwolf change, like... did you guys smoke crack or something? really? A 5k item to get the ability of Emerald Warden? Don't really see how this item will be useful and will only be picked up by rich supports/carries who pubstomp in low ranked games.

Don't get me wrong the patch is awesome, but you guys pulled a WZA with these changes.

Regarding Frostwolf Skull, I believe the active concept comes from WZA management era because it happened on PBT. I think you just don't realize yet that this item area damage is still there with extra step.

If anything, this item receives buff this patch because the previous active of this item was just weaker version of Frostfield Plate.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where are your statistics for her so-called 95% win rate in tournaments?   Ophelia is considered a high skill cap hero, and she is currently deemed as fine. She also has considerable counter

2 patches ago: Lets kill Shadowblade. 🤮 1 patch ago. Lets bring him back. 😍 Current patch: Lets make him support? semi carry? do not allow him scale - something that he was meant to be? scalea

First of all, let's not forget that last patch, directly(with the camps exp changes) and indirectly (with the hatchet nerfs, because Wildsoul was buying 2 hatchets, 1 for him self and 1 for booboo,  y

I actually like that Popcorn Pearl. The fact that the clouds are strung up and are clearly props (along with the background just being a quilt) makes it refreshing to me.

Then again, art is subjective.

Edited by Hubaris

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Art of this game became for anime lovers. So many skins, announcer etc are little girls, now even loading screen, thats disgusting, im not interested in little girls but this game is clearly directed into anime lovers unfortunately

Presumably those art pieces were drawn by fans and this is a way to reward them. I don't mind, and I suspect some people like them as well.

Besides: even if we agree little girls like those art pieces (sounds like stereotyping to me), little girls can be gamers, too. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ensid said:

are you serious with this? Is this a game for lil girls? This game cant get any worse

vSJW1kw.png

Man the history of popcorn pearl and the really nice person behind it who used to host all sorts of forum games is such a nice homage/easter egg. This is wonderful. 

it didn't.  it was buffed.

@MacroHard
It seems to me it's 65% dmg returned now and it used to be 80? (edit: Probably missed something about true damage ignores armor vs physica? haha : P )

Art of this game became for anime lovers. So many skins, announcer etc are little girls, now even loading screen, thats disgusting, im not interested in little girls but this game is clearly directed into anime lovers unfortunately

I would tend to agree with you and have raised this point before, some of these things give off pedo-wibes. But this is just a kinda cute popcorn pearl dude. It's not even anime. They used to have these in the 1920's like cigarette girls. 

Its a temporary thing probably

Edited by Ondis
4 minutes ago, Ondis said:

@MacroHard
It seems to me it's 65% dmg returned now and it used to be 80? 

It is now 65% of attempted damage.  Used to be 80% of post-mitigated damage.

So as long as you have at least 18.75% damage reduction (3.85 armor) it's a buff.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Ah I figured it was something like that.
A nerf in the case where the enemy has a shieldbreaker and daemonic I guess tho? 

Good to keep in mind when countering it.  Why was it done, what was the rationale? Not really against it just curious

Edited by Ondis

I think there's something wrong with me. That makes logical sense but now that you mention it I still start thinking that  the trade-off between choosing as a legio to inflict damage or go super buff is an interesting choice and thus a better contribution to the game than this logical sequence.

I'm just weird maybe haha
Now it's like you don't have to think about it.

Edited by Ondis

There's a difference between unique build paths and having items actively work against each other.  A good design space encourages players to explore different builds to suit their playstyles and current game situation.  Bad design space discourages item exploration.

Barbed armor is thematically geared towards tank heroes, because reflecting damage is pointless unless you can survive more than a few seconds.  Unfortunately, nobody ever bought it because of how inefficient it was after damage mitigation.

The question is not "should I go tanky or should I return damage?"  Rather, the question should be "should I go tanky in order to optimize my return damage?"

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

As opposed to what though? Where is the choice then? 

Like I'm just procrastinating now ahead of a test so dont take this seriously or what ever but it's an interesting thought experiment imo.

So before you did have a branching pathway, that yes, conflicted with the notion of "tanks" but who wants to be put in a box anyway? I never appreciated games with distinct roles as much as I appreciated those that game me the freedom to branch in all directions or any  that I choose to. Branching though means that you lose that other path(s).

Reminds me of modern RPGs, choices without consequences. 
"Should I do this quest now and then that or in the opposite order! Oh how exciting!"

(Looking at you Skyrim).

The only limitation being time and in this case, say the slots of items you can carry. 

The branching choice or the choice with consequence is the one that says "If you do this. You CAN'T (/shouldn't, won't be as effective etc ) do that" and that's the interesting choice to me. 

Edited by Ondis

Could be related to the x64 release aswell (I've tried both clients) but the lags have gotten worse since. I play on EU servers. There's always lags. I think you might need better server protection now that you're competing with other MOBAS again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, THREEEYES said:

Could be related to the x64 release aswell (I've tried both clients) but the lags have gotten worse since. I play on EU servers. There's always lags. I think you might need better server protection now that you're competing with other MOBAS again.

Please provide all requested information here if you want to help. 

Please make sure to read all of the requirements before posting though - if only you are receiving lag but not other players, it's a problem on your end somewhere.

Edited by ElementUser

I like the barbed armor change. You couldn't really use it before with any other armor on your character because it wouldn't return much, all you could do is get it with a heart or strength items. Now you could use it with just about anything, much more versatile. 

BS - dead

Chi - dead

FWS - dead

Rampage - dead

This rampage is disgusting, was so happy when he was changed and now his even worse than ever, back in the days he had that utter trash spell chains that bind that literally does 0 dmg and can be countered by everything but he could at least stun with his E and was magic immune with Q, now he has no magic immunity, he slows on E and has worst spell in entire game as ulti that does not synergize at all. Ehh

Let's forget rampage for a while.
FWK is fine,, Chi is unique to use, Chi is not type hero you picked often without look back, and it's not like he's weak

BS SOTM deserved a nerf, he have a very nive buff for his skill without SOTM, it's make his gameplay go smooth without SOTM. It's not a fair trade and need more buff, but it's acceptable with the current patch. Now you can put one point on E over W and run very fast in early game 

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

Unless I did something stupidly wrong, my first impressions was right and Adrenaline is hilariously useless. So many things combine to make him terrible:

- He's melee agility, with an ult that forces him to fight face-to-face with opponents.
- He doesn't do damage. Imagine trapping an enemy hero and fighting them for five seconds, only to find that they kill you, not vice versa.
- The first point would mean he needs Shrunken Head to survive, but that's another 3900g item when he's already dangerously short on damage ...
- He actually needs PK to land his ult, unless he uses his W to gap close, but he's already dangerously short on damage ...
- No stuns. No slows. Unreliable nukes.
- Calamity catching five heroes with the ult: hooray, let's go! Adrenaline catching five heroes with the ult: he's probably dying in a few seconds. Like, another comparable hero could be Chronos, who also has an AoE disabling ult and is also a melee agility hero, but crucially when Chronos ults a hero, they can't hit back.

I suppose Adrenaline would be better as a strength hero, so he can actually initiate with a chance of survival. But probably not by much. He's just too useless otherwise.

If you wanna initiate on a hero with tons of escape mechanisms and kill them before they can leave, pick Witch Slayer (or Chronos, or Doctor Repulsor).

On 12/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Ladonien said:

I agree, he was supposed to be THE early game carry and gets weak the later the game goes.

20 hours ago, THREEEYES said:

agreed, i stopped playing this after got huge laag after migration. 50% of  games i was had people saying about laag. And my friends here saying the same thing about the server (USA i only play this cuz of lowest ping for me). 

14 hours ago, Sorais said:

Unless I did something stupidly wrong, my first impressions was right and Adrenaline is hilariously useless. So many things combine to make him terrible:

- He's melee agility, with an ult that forces him to fight face-to-face with opponents.
- He doesn't do damage. Imagine trapping an enemy hero and fighting them for five seconds, only to find that they kill you, not vice versa.
- The first point would mean he needs Shrunken Head to survive, but that's another 3900g item when he's already dangerously short on damage ...
- He actually needs PK to land his ult, unless he uses his W to gap close, but he's already dangerously short on damage ...
- No stuns. No slows. Unreliable nukes.
- Calamity catching five heroes with the ult: hooray, let's go! Adrenaline catching five heroes with the ult: he's probably dying in a few seconds. Like, another comparable hero could be Chronos, who also has an AoE disabling ult and is also a melee agility hero, but crucially when Chronos ults a hero, they can't hit back.

I suppose Adrenaline would be better as a strength hero, so he can actually initiate with a chance of survival. But probably not by much. He's just too useless otherwise.

If you wanna initiate on a hero with tons of escape mechanisms and kill them before they can leave, pick Witch Slayer (or Chronos, or Doctor Repulsor).

Tbh, idk how that rework got through testing. Dies waaaay to fast and easy, has horrible mana and tank issues. His spells do like zero damage, his ulti is awful, because you literally die in 3 seconds.

The idea of the rework is fine, but there is a loooong way to go to make him viable. By now he is the by far worst hero HoN has ever seen and there was the previous Nitro, lol.

Edited by cobaye

One other point. I play arachna a lot and I loved her late game, but the recent change (giving the true strike aura to flint) was actually a huge hit on her for me, since attacking uphill into base towers was one of her strengths.

Can we give arachna the true strike back, just not an aura please? 🙂

The princess is always in another castle