Hero Rework Spotlight: Adrenaline - New Item, New SOTM & Much More!

Pretty sure old ult was removed because it would have been OP with a charge that starts out full speed and has everything walking unlike what he had at the time. All i can tell you is that, you don't lack ways for rampage to be mobile enough to disengage/re-engage in combat and/or be tanky enough to disincentivize enemies from targeting him or intentionally draw fire away from your allies because now you do have something that deserves their attention.

All of which are currently irrelevant with current ult because it's an one click lackluster spell that either give you enough damage to burst an enemy, in which case you will have put out all your damage before enemies can respond and can't be bothered with you after the fact, or doesn't give you enough damage then it would just be a bad physical stun for an ultimate.

In short, you press all buttons, either it works or doesn't there's no leeway to capitalize or counter play against (or at least worth counter playing). I get it that it's exactly what you want rampage to be, an all in hero with front loaded damage with nothing else going for him, but there's no use arguing around this point. My opinion is that any changes to bring the hero away from that monotonous playstyle is welcomed from me.

Well at least this time Horned strike is not pushing enemy hero out of Chains range. It was "best" synergy. xD
This capture and drag ulti works well in dota because batrider has ability to damage target with Firefly. It deals 130 magical damage per second, even he doesn't moves. Ramp needs to run and deal around 400 physical damage or stay and hit enemy. You see the difference?

Also:
1. bring back his 2.8 Str gain;
2. why his horned strike is still passive with 6 seconds cd even without bash effect? 7 sec cd was for bash. I mean since when 3 seconds slow is equal to 1.6 seconds of stun? I should 4 seconds max, with 1.5-2 seconds slow. 
3. bring back Greater Rhino as active part of E(maybe as sotm effect).

P.S. First iteration of Horned strike and Favor of Sol was the best best versions of E and R. Change my mind, but you can't.

7 hours ago, DemonSparda said:

Well at least this time Horned strike is not pushing enemy hero out of Chains range. It was "best" synergy. xD
This capture and drag ulti works well in dota because batrider has ability to damage target with Firefly. It deals 130 magical damage per second, even he doesn't moves. Ramp needs to run and deal around 400 physical damage or stay and hit enemy. You see the difference?

Also:
1. bring back his 2.8 Str gain;
2. why his horned strike is still passive with 6 seconds cd even without bash effect? 7 sec cd was for bash. I mean since when 3 seconds slow is equal to 1.6 seconds of stun? I should 4 seconds max, with 1.5-2 seconds slow. 
3. bring back Greater Rhino as active part of E(maybe as sotm effect).

P.S. First iteration of Horned strike and Favor of Sol was the best best versions of E and R. Change my mind, but you can't.

I mean, this basically. Except 3, no idea how that would work.

7 hours ago, Rezziedahl said:

Pretty sure old ult was removed because it would have been OP with a charge that starts out full speed and has everything walking unlike what he had at the time. All i can tell you is that, you don't lack ways for rampage to be mobile enough to disengage/re-engage in combat and/or be tanky enough to disincentivize enemies from targeting him or intentionally draw fire away from your allies because now you do have something that deserves their attention.

All of which are currently irrelevant with current ult because it's an one click lackluster spell that either give you enough damage to burst an enemy, in which case you will have put out all your damage before enemies can respond and can't be bothered with you after the fact, or doesn't give you enough damage then it would just be a bad physical stun for an ultimate.

In short, you press all buttons, either it works or doesn't there's no leeway to capitalize or counter play against (or at least worth counter playing). I get it that it's exactly what you want rampage to be, an all in hero with front loaded damage with nothing else going for him, but there's no use arguing around this point. My opinion is that any changes to bring the hero away from that monotonous playstyle is welcomed from me.

First off, when you've chained an opponent, you're unable to blink or use movement abilities, so you can't charge away. Let's say, though, that you didn't charge in at the opponent and you can charge while bound, what do you charge? You're trying to isolate the enemy, so you don't want to charge another player, so you charge a random enemy creep? It wouldn't help you at all.

The moment he say we can use the chain that bind and then charge away. I realized that he never played old version of rampage before. I bet he dont even know that using table of command also break the chain

That time, we have the magic immunity charge, the everything walking, the shield, the guaranteed bash and then got nerf to the point no one ever thinking of picking rampage for supporter/gank. It's not because rampage is weak but because no one thinking of playing rampage as a supporter.

Edited by w3wstarboy
  • Like 1

I never said anything about using charge during chain. You have expressed, however, your zeal in undermining the discussion by using any twisted mental gymnasticing necessary.

Using tablet did sometimes break the chain, however that was due to the fluctuating distance between rampage and the chained target, as such you would break the chain when you use tablet during the moment when the chained target was lagging behind. But if you bothered to watch the spotlight at all, it explicated said the break range was 600, meaning they addressed it, they even showed you could blink in a short distance without breaking the chain.

Since we're resorting to mental gymnasticing and personal undermining now, we should see how it plays out in practice.

Frist think, you use Pk to catch the target. So capture the target then pk away almost never happen
Seconds. When you table, you are not consider as moving, so the target wont follow you until the effect of the table end, and when the effect end, the ranged is more than 600 and it break the chain. it doesnt relate to any holding effect.

Third, you deal damage when the target is dragging, if the target is not dragging, you deal zero damage. So either the target be attacked in 3 seconds at max level or be dragging away, Rampage need to take action, and being stunned/slowed during that time is the same as get rekt.

Greater Horn Strike still better in term of shifting enemy, deal damage. And that's what rampage need

HoN SEA Player

Target is pulled behind rampage for 200 range, tablet is 300 range, do math. How you are convinced a 3.5s physical stun at worst and 3.5s physical stun + 1000+ range displacement + phys damage at best is bad is beyond me.

You won't convince me that Greater Horn Strike is better at anything other than doing a bit of front loaded damage. Also, fringe cases, with 3.5s stun you can ult enemy mid fight, pull them for 3s then pk within the last 0.5s. This also means you can lockdown someone ganking you long enough to pk away.

3 hours ago, Ladonien said:

The problem with Adrenaline atm is that it is Hard to know where to lane him.. mid? Long lane? And of course what items would you build on him?

The problem with him is his toolkit. Its so bad. His Q makes you think going agility items is a good idea but the increased damage from it is miniscule.

He has minimal farming potential from his spells.

Dont know why you would pick adrenalin instead of anyother hero that counters heroes with escape abillities.

And yeah where is this gimp of a hero suposed to go? Mid? No he is not the greatest ganker and many other heroes will succede much better in snowballing through ganks.

Shortfarm? No 0 late game potential

Sui? No farming will be allmost impossible if the support boxes him out.

Long lane duo? No who the fuck wants to go long with an adrenaline and give him farm? Cause yes the hero is farm dependant but the rewards from getting farm are minimal. So you feel like any farm you give to the adrenalin is wasted

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, nutsy said:

The problem with him is his toolkit. Its so bad. His Q makes you think going agility items is a good idea but the increased damage from it is miniscule.

He has minimal farming potential from his spells.

Dont know why you would pick adrenalin instead of anyother hero that counters heroes with escape abillities.

And yeah where is this gimp of a hero suposed to go? Mid? No he is not the greatest ganker and many other heroes will succede much better in snowballing through ganks.

Shortfarm? No 0 late game potential

Sui? No farming will be allmost impossible if the support boxes him out.

Long lane duo? No who the fuck wants to go long with an adrenaline and give him farm? Cause yes the hero is farm dependant but the rewards from getting farm are minimal. So you feel like any farm you give to the adrenalin is wasted

Summed it up pretty well. It was unfortunate that he got reworked just when I started to understand the old Adrenaline. The current one is kinda a trollpick so to say

New Adrenaline look fit with Tank-caster build. The scale from Q is nothing but a bait. You try to build 100 agi but end up with 50 damage increased for the skill that easy to dodge

I already expect it is too weak like the frist patch of nitro

• Like 1

HoN SEA Player

On 11/30/2020 at 2:18 AM, DemonSparda said:

it will be the same, but deals same damage as E. I don't see any problem in that. Or 4200 gold is not enough to have ability to do that?

I get what you're saying, but the delay on the ulti is what makes the push back to you useful. You wouldn't want to see a delay on the damage from normal horned strike. Maybe the staff would turn the slow back into a stun+extra damage based on movement speed?

On 11/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, Rezziedahl said:

Target is pulled behind rampage for 200 range, tablet is 300 range, do math. How you are convinced a 3.5s physical stun at worst and 3.5s physical stun + 1000+ range displacement + phys damage at best is bad is beyond me.

You won't convince me that Greater Horn Strike is better at anything other than doing a bit of front loaded damage. Also, fringe cases, with 3.5s stun you can ult enemy mid fight, pull them for 3s then pk within the last 0.5s. This also means you can lockdown someone ganking you long enough to pk away.

Agreed. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't PK when chained to someone.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:56 PM, Rezziedahl said:

I never said anything about using charge during chain. You have expressed, however, your zeal in undermining the discussion by using any twisted mental gymnasticing necessary.

Using tablet did sometimes break the chain, however that was due to the fluctuating distance between rampage and the chained target, as such you would break the chain when you use tablet during the moment when the chained target was lagging behind. But if you bothered to watch the spotlight at all, it explicated said the break range was 600, meaning they addressed it, they even showed you could blink in a short distance without breaking the chain.

Since we're resorting to mental gymnasticing and personal undermining now, we should see how it plays out in practice.

I was giving an example - if you WERE OR ABLE to charge during chain, which you aren't. No mental gymnastics here, just a thorough takedown of your arguments. We'll see how it plays out, but I expect it will go in the same way as when it was first introduced - disliked and replaced.

I played and saw a lot of rampage player in the past and i rare see any player used ultimate then PK, not even one, i think.

You need to calculate a range so it wont break the chain, not easy (you will be dump as noob if you pk and break the chain). Your pk will be put on cooldown if rampage being attacked, make you confuse. And you wont use pk If the target is alone.

And using table of command "always" break the chain, no matter who is the target, rampage or the prey.

As the result, after using the Chain that binds, Rampage need to run away to dragging enemy, no other way. If he get stunned, he deal zero damage.

Edited by w3wstarboy