Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Throwback Avatars

Hello guys,

I noticed that people want throwback skins on certain heroes, eg. Bramble, Pearl, Riptide, etc. I'm collecting data to see whether or not people have a high demand for these or not at all. Please write down which throwback skin you want to see in the upcoming patches and why you want it (the question why is optional but its for my curiosity). 

I want to make sure this is a thing and not a personal desire due to being attached to old outdated models. Depending on the most popular demand, I will consider the highest requested throwback avatar to come out first in future patches! 

Edited by Whyzozerious

Bramble.

In Bramble's case the new one is a whole different model and honestly looks way too goofy. The other Alts don't have the hilarious voice work and the Little Shop of Horrors Audrey II feel (with the flailing pods) that the OG one has. So in order to get the classic voice work that doesn't just make her sound like a generic plant hero you need to suffer through the new skin (subjective) or the holiday skin (which is holiday themed). It's one of the few cases where an upgrade ended up taking away something IMO.

Reasoning above. Like I said, I think that the Old Bramble had a charm to her that isn't captured in one of the newer ones.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Like 2

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

I just want Spiderman silhouette as an official avatar. 

I, personally needs No throwback avatar! 

Please don't request avatars that require permission and copyrights to a character that Frostburn would have to go through. That is not the purpose of this thread even thought that idea would be cool.

Edited by Whyzozerious

In the case of Pearl, I think the new model tried to make her look more mature and sexy, which doesn't fit the initial image she had where she was more cutesy and vulnerable(?) looking. I think that also made her feel like she had a bit more character to her, it felt like she was really brave and now she just feels more generic and not as excited.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, yornuz said:

To my perception, all the old models should be able to be purchased. I don't see any reason for not selling those. Or am I wrong? 

The end goal is to eventually have all the throwback avatars in the store yes. But the purpose of this thread is to see if there are any high on demand throwbacks that people want to come out sooner than others. If there's a good enough reason behind why people would rather have X over Y, then I can add that avatar to the next patch.

We're trying to give the game more content by not releasing a large amount of avatars that get released each patch. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Whyzozerious