Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

AoE freeze bug still a thing in x64 :(

The thing is, none of the staff have the bug, so we have no way to debug it. =\

The only way we can solve this problem is to directly work with someone who has the issue, everytime we've offered that no one has taken it up or has been too busy, so its being an endless loop of it being not fixed, there's genuinely nothing we can do until that happens

This is why I put the offer out 🙂 I've got time to work with someone on it in the coming weeks if they wanted to talk me around the best way of trying to capture stuff for you. I can Wireshark whilst in a game, I can use Procmon / sysinternals / latencymon ect to capture whatever might help - I'm probably about as technical as you'll get for a HoN player 😉

Used to host your custom maps ect back in the day, fun times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that god damn freeze bug sometimes makes this game unplayable for me. I've just played with devo. I hook - and I freeze. the guy whom I hooked either gets away, or even kills me because I'm unable to use my ulty. I ping for someone to get back, seeing the gank coming, and I freeze. The ping is too late afterwards. Gosh, I freeze even while calling a cc vote. And yet, that fireworks thing doesn't cause a freeze at all. 

• Sad 1

Btw, I'm experiencing freezes in the lobby too (I'm not sure if they're of the same nature though), say, when I open some features like players stats, match history, learnatorium etc. Or when I try to leave the matchmaking search (after pressing the "yes" button).

Edit: it also freezes when I watch a replay

Edited by Dark_H
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all.

Please try the following to see if it fixes your issue - it's made a big improvement for me. It terms out it could be something from the HoN cloud saves over the years causing the configs to hold values that are no longer relevant, or cause issues today.

Open game, open console with CTRL+F8 - and type the following (press enter after each line)

vid_shaderPrecache true

d3d_flush 1

Once you've done this - restart the game and see how you get on 🙂

@Dark_H @theynerfedme @mergleh

Do you still encounter the bug? We have a potential fix for this, but we need specific players that have the issue to help with this.

If you are still able to replicate this bug, please let us know in this thread so that we can contact you. Feel free to also contact @HyperXewl either on the x64 Discord or via forum PM.

Thanks!

Edited by ElementUser

Yes, I'm having this bug pretty constantly, but it varies in frequency, severity and animations that cause it (say, most of the Prisoner's hooks cause it for me, but not all, and not always; the same goes for Devo, which at times makes that hero unplayable for me, while at other times I'm able to do like 20 kills with him having only a couple of freezes in the entire game). I should be able to tell if the bug is gone though.

EDIT: So, I've played 3 games so far and I didn't notice any freezes in the first game, I had some really noticeable freezes in the second (for some reason the Brazilian server was enabled, so I ended up with a high ping and a lot of errors in the console, so that might be the reason for those exact freezes), and the 3rd game didn't have freezes, or I didn't notice them, if there were any. So far so good, but I'll keep playing and will let you know if I notice any more freezes.

Edited by Dark_H

Nah, it's the same for me. Freezes all over again. Had some games with little freezes, and again some with a lot of freezes, the latter were quite game breaking for me.

Edited by Dark_H
On 1/15/2021 at 4:54 AM, ElementUser said:

Are you playing on the 64-bit client? That client already has the fixes to help alleviate that issue.

Yes, I am, and I'm having the same (random) amount of freezes