Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

EDIT: Just had a game in the 32-bit client and it happened again. It might be this targeting delay thing the confetti item is for. I haven't played in a while.

I just installed the 64-bit client and have played two games with it.

In both games I've had momentary lock ups (usually 1-2 seconds, one was much longer) multiple times during each game

It seems to happen when certain skills are being used by either me or other players. Last game it happened when I was playing PR and used W, also had a Chronos in game it would happen when he dropped ult.

i7-7700k 4.2GHz

16GB RAM

GTX 1080

Edited by cixwow

Was this during 4.8.6.5 patch? There was an issue where chromium was running mid game and was locking up cpu, this was fixed in this version.

Otherwise it might be the AOE Targeting bug, but this one happens generally just before team fights, not during.

Let me know if you ever have this issue again, if you do, it's probably the AOE targeting bug yes.

I just played a match with Plague now and it was much better. There may have been a slight spike at times, but very manageable.

I'd say it may have been the issue you mentioned from the last patch. The AOE bug didn't exist when I used to play so I'm not sure.