Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

4.8.3.1 - Patch Discussion

After some years of trying to join the lovely HoN community, thank you for updating the forum that I only want to join in. Now, I am finally here to spread an even greater 'knowledge' to help my people.

I swear I love all the staff effects that you brought recently. ? Tho there are some like Shellshock's, Zephyr's, Deadlift's, SoulStealer's, and Warbeast's which were all seemed to be rushed, please don't do it the way you did it to them. You know what I mean there, right? Make it more "fun and interesting" on playing every single hero, please. AGAIN, thank you for not giving up on my favorite game.(I will go at the suggestion forum for proper posting.)

• Confused 1

Gemini

- Light: now suffers a 67% Damage Penalty (i.e. deals 33% Damage) if both Fire & Ice are within 900 radius of Light.

Does that Penalty only regard the spell damage or also auto attacks...?

Was it too overpowered...?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dragoniser said:

Gemini

- Light: now suffers a 67% Damage Penalty (i.e. deals 33% Damage) if both Fire & Ice are within 900 radius of Light.

Does that Penalty only regard the spell damage or also auto attacks...?

Was it too overpowered...?

Yup, I will copy the response I gave on Reddit:

Did you read what the conditions are? Here, I will quote it for you:

Gemini
Fire and Ice (Staff of the Master effect changes):
- Fire and Ice's "Together in Bright Spirit" subability now place Lightning Form's passive ability on cooldown when the spellcast finishes.
- Lightning Form: max Movement Speed granted to Light reduced from 750 to 650.
Specifically the distance-based conditions.

Roughly speaking, each elemental deals 100% Hero Damage, with each of them having 2 nukes. Gemini getting SotM before this nerf essentially adds +100% Hero Damage and 2 extra nukes. That's a huge amount of burst if you use all 3 elementals simultaneously in the same general fight vicinity.
This nerf isn't even that bad, you still deal +33% Hero Damage (in essence) with the 2 nukes (even at 33% damage effectiveness).

The biggest balance issue with Gemini's SotM is the big amount of burst you get with it if you use all 3 elementals in the same fight, and this mechanic resolves that issue.

If you have the third elemental doing something different, it is still as effective as an additional elemental.

Edited by ElementUser

Hey,

I've been having troubles with this particular patch. Recently started playing HoN as my friends play it and it has affected me as I haven't been able to play it with them for over a week now. Was wondering if anyone has had issue with this patch/if there is anything in the works to fix this?

(I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, tried repairing the game multiple times too)

*update*
Tried to repair it again this evening after posting and it downloaded all the files but came up with this error message:

[Updater] Extracting zlibwapi_vc14.dll
[Updater] Extracting zlibwapid_vc14.dll
[Updater] Extracting game/resources0.s2z/8bit
Failed to create archive
Can not delete :/game/resources0.s2z (permission denied)
Failed to create archive
[Updater] Error unzipping game/resources0.s2z/8bit: Target archive could not be opened for writing.
[Updater] Unzipping failed. Retrying request, attempt 1
[Updater] Error unzipping game/resources0.s2z/8bit: Target archive could not be opened for writing.
[Updater] Unzipping failed. Retrying request, attempt 2
[Updater] Unzipping failed. Retrying request, attempt 3
[Updater] Unzipping failed. Retrying request, attempt 4
[Updater] Unzipping failed. Retrying request, attempt 5
[Updater] Unzipping failed. Retries exhausted, update failed.
[Updater] Update failed
[Updater] Failed to repair all 122009 file(s)...

If you could please shed light on what I may be able to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by BrightNoods
Update - tried repairing again

I've just tried running the game, updater and repair as adminnistrater but it still does not like me ?

When I try to run the game, the Frostburn Studios logo is flashing.. This only occured after the 4.8.3.1 update.. Not sure what else to do.. ? 

Thanks for your assistance though hegelsohn!

• 3 weeks later...

Please can u bring back the old salomon on the next patch? the one that had two spells that could slow, the swing of the sword.. It makes the hero more fun to play. Now is boring