Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Hey guys, i took a break from HoN and havent played in a couple of years. I started gaming again recently and my friends are all playing Dota 2. They said HoN abandoned the game and hasn't released a patch, but I see a tournament that happened recently and these forums still seem pretty active.

Can someone please explain what's going on? Is the game back? Are they still updating it? Or is everyone still playing on the same patch from February?

HoN has released patches consistently every 2 months since 2019 (and approximately every month or so since 2018). I have no idea where you have read that there would be no patches whatsoever.

HoN is not "back", but rather it has never left.

Edited by ElementUser
57 minutes ago, Otis_ said:

Thanks guys, that's great to hear because i tried dota 2 and i think HoN is a much better game.

What does no new content mean then?

Means no new heroes.  Balance patches and even hero reworks are still happening regularly.  They even released a 64 bit version last week!

Edited by MacroHard

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

10 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

Seems to me people are to this day confusing your announcement from years ago that "no new content" would be released anymore.

It was a weird announcement. Hit a bit to Close and took a Day(?) And they re-took that message. 

Its nothing to be "confused" about. It was what it was. 

HoN is only back for me when I can enjoy it the same way I enjoy League of Legends

That is every month I can look forward to a new awesome batch of skins.

Thanks Garena (and Maliken S2) for trying to kill this game when it infact had the potential to surpass LoL and DOTA2, thanks a lot.

Edited by `Tusk`