The number one thing that ruins games and how to fix it

Can we please get the option to opt out of matchmaking games that have players with high ping?

There is nothing worse than having someone from the other side of the world joining your game, not speaking the same language and putting your team at a considerable disadvantage not only due to lag but also because most of the time they are either completely new to the game or purposely throw because we don't understand each other or they think we aren't trying to help them.

At the very least, there should be a tutorial about ping and a warning when you choose a server far away from you, but this has been the number one thing that completely ruins games for 10 years and we really need the ability to opt out of games with high ping players, set a maximum ping (and maybe have a dialog box pop up after x minutes in queue asking if you'd like to increase the ping limit) or something along those lines so players can choose not to play with high ping players. just like players have the option to have high ping and put the rest of the team at a disadvantage

• Like 1

I play on AU and there are always enough actual AU players on, but people from US and EU always join and ruin games with high ping and language barriers. If people want to play on 500 ping they have that option already, but we shouldn't be forced to play with them especially if we can't even communicate with them. I'm not asking to lock players to their closest region, I'm asking if we can have the option to lock ourselves to the closest region with others from the same region. If the queue time is long, increase ping cap by x every x minutes. 

• Like 1

Knowing the reason, I think this suggestion ain't bad. Let's hope this suggestion gets implemented.

Oh another thing, if you want to remind the Frostburn staff for this suggestion, I suggest you register a subscription for this game development by clicking the link I attach below and create a thread on exclusive sub-forum they provide:

https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/subscriptions/

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

• 1 month later...

Great suggestion. Just had another game ruined by laggers. Our team average ping was 250 vs 61. How the hell is that fair being stuck with pingers. It has happened the last 7+ games in a row for me and I have had enough. 

On 11/13/2020 at 12:31 AM, Obama`88 said:

I play on AU and there are always enough actual AU players on, but people from US and EU always join and ruin games with high ping and language barriers.

what language is spoken in Australia? I ask for a friend 🤣

• Haha 1