Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

1 hour ago, Yuffie said:

"He’s week in week out top 10 highest loss percentage."

Google

(week in, week out)

every week without exception.

The question is, why did you choose Nomad over the other 10 highest loss percentage heroes?

I think the loss percentage isn't enough to be a reason.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Because he is consistently top 10 highest loss. Unlike the other 9 heroes.

Loss percentage isn't enough of a reason for a hero to be changed? Nitro was the lowest win percentage hero for months before he was changed. Should we revert him back to the Mauser days?

Why do heroes like Predator deserve a staff buff but heroes like Nomad are getting nerfed stats per level when he has consistently lowest win percentage.

Edited by Yuffie
29 minutes ago, Yuffie said:

Loss percentage isn't enough of a reason for a hero to be changed? Nitro was the lowest win percentage hero for months before he was changed. Should we revert him back to the Mauser days?

Why do heroes like Predator deserve a staff buff but heroes like Nomad are getting nerfed stats per level when he has consistently lowest win percentage.

It's about priorities. Nitro was sitting at the very bottom for ages and got changed after a long time. Nomad is still a viable hero - he wasn't changed too much and despite his win rate still a good hero. There is no urgent need to change him and I haven't seen any requests to do so (besides yours). If his stats stay low he might get buffed in the future. Feel free to make proposals to a decent staff effect but staff alone won't bring him up with regards of win ratio (and heroes should not be balanced around a possible staff effect)..

Hopefully he gets a buff in the near future. Obviously he wouldn't get all of these; but just ideas that will make him more effective late game against other carries. A hero having the staff effect does bring up their win percentage. Take Moon Queen for example her previous staff buff was overpowered and quickly changed.

Staff Ideas

1st Ability - Sandstorm will have a non-targetable effect when activated.

2nd Ability - True Strike Increased Damage and Attack Speed. // Mirage Strike sends to multiple units creating multiple illusions

3rd Ability - He doesn't need to charge the skill before getting the 2.2x Critical Strike

4th Ability (Ultimate) - Counter attack sends a shockwave AOE in all directions 1000 range.

Nomad doesn't need anything extra like a SOTM or a rework. He's a hit and run style hero, and his kit lets whoever plays him do exactly that. If anything, unnerfing his ult to how it originally was (30 sec CD at lvl 3) may make him more consistent.

Look, I love Nomad but we need to address one thing:

Staff effects should not fix heroes.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

On 11/11/2020 at 1:11 AM, Yuffie said:

Okay, I stand corrected. Though, he's pretty much hard to get any buff without making him too powerful. At least you could share your problems when playing Nomad or against him so probably you could suggest what kind of buffs he really needs, assuming he's weaker at moment based on win rate.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

He need move speed buff on W-E. That's all he need. Chasing the target who have 500ms + is really pitfull and joke

Suggestion: Max movement speed increased to 625/650/675/700 while chasing the target

Edited by w3wstarboy

I agree nomad is underperforming atm but i would rather have him in this stage he is now than before the nerf he got when he was a snowballing machine.

Maby its just we are still used to him being overpowered so now he feels weak.

On 11/10/2020 at 7:44 PM, hegelsohn said:

It's about priorities. Nitro was sitting at the very bottom for ages and got changed after a long time. Nomad is still a viable hero - he wasn't changed too much and despite his win rate still a good hero. There is no urgent need to change him and I haven't seen any requests to do so (besides yours). If his stats stay low he might get buffed in the future. Feel free to make proposals to a decent staff effect but staff alone won't bring him up with regards of win ratio (and heroes should not be balanced around a possible staff effect)..

On 11/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, Yuffie said:

both of you are forgetting that Nitro wasn't changed because of her low Winrate. In fact I seem to recall it being mentioned just about perfect for her.
She was reworked because the Mechanics she had were effectively not only absolute overkill but also gamebreaking.
A hero that FACTUALLY consisted of two heroes, was able to melee you with increased damage while her ranged counterpart was lasthitting and dealing damage to you too, albait out of even your own attackrange as a ranged hero, being able to harass opponents she had literally no vision on, outrun them, slow them, deal burst damage on insane range, deal aoe damage on EVERY autoattack and have physical evasion additionally... oh and lets not forget Mausers insane attackspeed early game.
The hero was as broken as they come and the only reason for it's low winrate was that for the majority of playerbase she wasn't rightclicky enough  on lower brackets (see flint being picked every other game or so) and on the actual higher brackets people knew how to efficiently shut her down.
her ONLY winrate came from stomping lower brackets, otherwise she might have sat at 0% even.
They tried to fix her last patch and I was actually quite interested to see if it worked, but now she has different issues that pull the exact same frustrational factors at the end.

So don't confuse that they mare share a thing or two as their position within the game and heropool, for the reason of why they were or should be remade.

in case of nomad, people that go mid way too often rush shroud or build a 30 minute cleaver and then get shroud and maybe lifesteal or frostburn or shieldbreaker... that is part of why they dont accelerate their lategame and lose.
in case of shortlane nomads sadly enough its usually the same mistake.
the hero has two invisibility spells...
you wouldnt build shroud on a nighthound every game, nor on valk or scout...
so why do it on nomad?
pk + damage do the same and while you may not be able to oneshot supports with a pk, you most certainly have better odds of a succesful gank with pk + veiled rot on any decent bracket, than with a shroud.
shieldbreaker being an absolut ass item that has to be upgraded 3 times to be "okay" in midgame when it is ment to be replaced in mid or lategame is another thing that contributes to nomads demise, thus, get some raw damage and harkons. makes you less effective during immunity times but more effective in total.

the hero DOES need a little push, i absolutely agree, i even made my own suggestions.
i just wanted to respond particularly to something that was said and point out that you are under a misconception there, and also provide some additional food for thought^^

If I remember correctly Nitro couldn't shoot if Mauser was disabled/silenced so he is not "Factually" two heroes and if Mauser was too far away she couldn't recall him.

The reason why people get Shroud on Nomad is because when he comes out of invisibility, he hits the critical (2.2x) with the 125 Bonus dmg from Shroud for 3200 Gold. 

Valkyrie and Night Hound do not have such properties as a Critical for Shroud to be effective on them. Scouts cooldown on his Vanish is 6 seconds. This is a reason why you wouldn't get Shroud on Scout. If you use Shroud it has a 20 second cool down, you stay in invisibility for 11 seconds. Which means Shroud essentially has a 9 second cooldown. Scout can almost go invisible 2x before 1 Shroud instance.

When you say "pk + damage" does the same thing, PK is 2250. Which damage item that costs 1000 Gold would you be able to purchase will provide 30 damage and +10 attack speed along with 125 Bonus damage? Shroud and PK give similar ganking potential so the invisibility on the Shroud is irrelevant.

Also veiled rot is 100 Gold; and after you purchase 5 in a row it's a 3 minute cooldown for each veil. Not to mention that you are sharing those veils with your team.

The only reason why Nomad wouldn't be buffed in my opinion is that he isn't considered a carry. Nomad is a hero that cannot thrive well in long lane or mid. Therefore he needs to take short farm to possibly "snowball". This hero is not made to fight other carries well. Maybe theres a misconception that Nomad is a carry resulting in this hero to suffer in win percentage week in week out.

Right now Nomad is a hero thats constantly played. Nomads play-rate will go down once people realize his ineffectiveness on a team.

Nomad currently sitting at 5th lowest win percentage. 11/18/2020

(If Nomad is not considered a carry then please ignore this post.)

I believe that every hero is made specifically for their role. It would be silly if I was asking for Empath to have carry potential.

• Like 1

On top of what we are talking about he feels stale and often underperforms when coming out of the short lane if the enemy carry is equally farmed. 

I would love to see Sandstorm being reworked. Maybe Sandstorm would stun for 1.5 seconds if an enemy has been in the sand for 2 seconds. Something like that, so he gains a bit more "catch" and maybe a bit more lane presence.