Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

I think that the pinging system helps just about anybody convey very quickly to the team what they are thinking, or if they need help (especially if they are unable to speak English).

I think a ping requesting to ward/counterward would be a great addition to the HoN ping system. It would also be great potentially for mentors training someone new with ward pings to help teach spots and the like. Maybe this could be added to the ping wheel?

Regards,

Etans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No idea why I haven't seen this suggested before (or thought of it myself).

The only "problem" with it I have is it being a little bit hard to see the exact ping location (for mentoring), but that's still a lot better than nothing 😉.

• 2 weeks later...

t32Zxql.png

So I've been thinking more about this.  Looking at the current ping wheel, there are only 4 sides used of the main ping pentagon.  This intuitively would allow an entire ward section.  The primary button could announce "Enemy ward here" while the offshoot buttons could say "Need ward of sight here", "need ward of revelation here", etc.

If a 5th button isn't possible, the "Fight here!" option seems to be a catch all for strategic positioning events.  It currently has only one offshoot, which says "coming to help here".  Two others could easily* be added for "enemy ward here" and "need ward of sight here".

* edit:  "easily" refers to the design aspect not the programming difficulty

Edited by MacroHard
formatting and disclaimer

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.