Creating a guides section for heroes

Hello, dear developers, I examined all the branches of the forum, and did not find a section on hero guides, yes, I found a section on hero mechanics, but why is there no section on learning how to play heroes? Can it be included in the main branch of sections, along with bug reports, general discussions, I think this will be useful, since HON has complex characters that are difficult to play, and it is necessary to explain to the players how to do this.

If you can create such a thread, I would be happy to create guides for heroes, since my experience in playing HON is 7-8 years, and I know enough about each of the heroes.

Well, we already have the guide in-game so I don't think the guide will matter here and you could always try creating one there.

Though if you wish making a discussion about one hero and how people think about them in any aspects, you could try creating a thread for them in general discussion. The contents of the thread could be a brief overview of the hero, your style of playing the hero, then the questions about others' opinion about the hero.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

I know perfectly well that there are guides in HON itself, but you removed the ability to create them a long time ago, (or I diligently cannot find it) And these guides, most of them were compiled in 2012-2015 and I do not consider them relevant now

On 11/8/2020 at 1:47 AM, `IIuBo said:

I know perfectly well that there are guides in HON itself, but you removed the ability to create them a long time ago, (or I diligently cannot find it) And these guides, most of them were compiled in 2012-2015 and I do not consider them relevant now

Have you tried this site?

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/guides/index

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

Of course, I saw the site, but if you play HON for at least a year, you will understand that these guides are complete shit, there is no description of actions, what to do for this hero, how to properly cast abilities, how to behave in battle, how to support or tank, what position to take, how to play fast push. There is absolutely nothing but fan builds and a banal buildup of skills.

Here is an example of one of the guides that are in the top

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/guides/view/402892

If you have ever played on Accursed, then you will understand that this is just a funny joke and not a guide, in a normal game no one will give him a mock at 20 minutes, and it does not even say that he is a strong healer, debuffer or tank, just funny dude who can be immortal

1 hour ago, `IIuBo said:

Of course, I saw the site, but if you play HON for at least a year, you will understand that these guides are complete shit, there is no description of actions, what to do for this hero, how to properly cast abilities, how to behave in battle, how to support or tank, what position to take, how to play fast push. There is absolutely nothing but fan builds and a banal buildup of skills.

Here is an example of one of the guides that are in the top

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/guides/view/402892

If you have ever played on Accursed, then you will understand that this is just a funny joke and not a guide, in a normal game no one will give him a mock at 20 minutes, and it does not even say that he is a strong healer, debuffer or tank, just funny dude who can be immortal

Uh, did you read the title or even the short description of the guide you gave as example? it's written MW aka Mid Wars so you shouldn't compare that to normal game. You just saw the site so I assume you haven't tried it yet.

Though, admittedly the site is outdated but worry not because I believe Frostburn plans to fix the site generally. Speaking about the plan, I suggest you to make this thread on exclusive private sub forum by doing https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/subscriptions/  so hopefully Frostburn keeps reminded about this issue.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...