Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

HoN (64-Bit) Client Download [OFFICIAL RELEASE]

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heroes of Newerth (64-Bit)   Frostburn Studios is proud to release the HoN 64-Bit Client This is an alternative client for those seeking Greater Performance, stability and FPS Gains uti

FAQ   Q) What is HoN (64-Bit)? A) HoN (64-Bit) is built with technology 15 years senior to the current version of the game, as well as vastly upgrading multiple extension libraries with

This is great! Thank you all!!!

Higly not recommended.

Not ready or not optimized yet.

Broke all the smoothnes of the game i loved. Huge minilags, even shop opening froze game for 1s.

Maybe its not noticebale on high end systems, but this client higly broken for older systems.

Just overclock a bit and use 32 bit client if u lack core speed.

8 hours ago, wolvescanfly said:

Higly not recommended.

Not ready or not optimized yet.

Broke all the smoothnes of the game i loved. Huge minilags, even shop opening froze game for 1s.

Maybe its not noticebale on high end systems, but this client higly broken for older systems.

Just overclock a bit and use 32 bit client if u lack core speed.

This is the first I'm hearing of this and it may be an issue with your configuration.

The 64-Bit client is in no way "less optimized" and in terms of performance it is superior in every way unless there is a specific issue or bug, there could be a more specific reason why you're having those issues.

Some extra info would be great

Edited by HyperXewl

I would like to help. I was so happy to hear that game is getting this huge update. Seemed it had some bug with my system. I don't know how to describe it more than it seemed it didnt have enough speed accessing data. For some reason the performance wasnt there, yes, this can be some bug with my drivers or hardware, but 32bit version runs perfect.

Is it possible that installing to directly to c drive instead program files can make a difference?

Edited by WolvesCanFly

Hello!

I cannot download the last update becouse when i start i get an error saying that "it is impossible to start the update becouse the program is running. I never had this problem before. Whant can it be ?
Thanks for the support and the game! 😄

YO !After the last patch i have some problem with HON! There were lags and micro freezes..... Thank you so much but  if nothing will be changed  iam going to leave this game ! and this problem continues for 2 days.... wtf?
2 days ago everything goes fire but now....

Warmest Regards

15 hours ago, `Mapyxa said:

YO !After the last patch i have some problem with HON! There were lags and micro freezes..... Thank you so much but  if nothing will be changed  iam going to leave this game ! and this problem continues for 2 days.... wtf?
2 days ago everything goes fire but now....

Warmest Regards

That's very strange, do you only have this issue with the 64-Bit client?

17 hours ago, Old_nr_7 said:

Hello!

I cannot download the last update becouse when i start i get an error saying that "it is impossible to start the update becouse the program is running. I never had this problem before. Whant can it be ?
Thanks for the support and the game! 😄

a hon_x64.exe process may have got stuck.

spacer.png

Check for any in here and close them, then try the update again, if it still does it, try this:

spacer.png

and add this line

spacer.png

This will force hon to bypass opening the game and go straight to update, if this STILL happens, restart your pc and try this -update trick 😉

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, HyperXewl said:

a hon_x64.exe process may have got stuck.

spacer.png

Check for any in here and close them, then try the update again, if it still does it, try this:

spacer.png

and add this line

spacer.png

This will force hon to bypass opening the game and go straight to update, if this STILL happens, restart your pc and try this -update trick 😉

Thx man! I have no idea why but now it works fine. I guess it was some hon process running.
I had noi dea abouthe "-update" thing! thank you allot!

7 hours ago, teh_laser said:

The Linux client always offered 64 bit, but it's still a legacy build

Yup.

We've got an up to date linux build already compiled with the latest tech, however we don't feel like its satisfactory enough for a release, we want to address some of the issues in OpenGL API and other things before we push for a release.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, HyperXewl said:

Yup.

We've got an up to date linux build already compiled with the latest tech, however we don't feel like its satisfactory enough for a release, we want to address some of the issues in OpenGL API and other things before we push for a release.

Though I'm looking forward to that release, I'm not sure it is really needed anymore. The Windows client runs fine using WINE, and with D9VK, there's no performance penalty; in fact you get multithreaded graphics via Vulkan, of which I am unsure if you can achieve that using OpenGL. The 64bit client crashes on close, but otherwise seems to run fine.

Anyhow a native solution is always preferred. Just saying that we're in a much better position than say Mac users.

• Like 1
On 12/14/2020 at 5:08 PM, HyperXewl said:

Yup.

HoN + new OpenGL?! I want to try this! Also HoN x64 works fine in linux using wine/lutris --- I haven't got any crash.

just donated to the Mac Client, and plan on doing that monthly. Let me know if I can help in any other way. I'm a senior software dev who has been playing for several years and is fully vested in the Mac ecosystem. Do you expect more issues since the M1 announcement? You guys certainly don't compile for ARM do you?

13 hours ago, stewtard said:

just donated to the Mac Client, and plan on doing that monthly. Let me know if I can help in any other way. I'm a senior software dev who has been playing for several years and is fully vested in the Mac ecosystem. Do you expect more issues since the M1 announcement? You guys certainly don't compile for ARM do you?

Heya! Really appreciate that, thanks so much man.

To answer some of your questions:

ARM64 blocker starts right at the libraries.

FMOD (the audio library) only supports ARM64 for Mac and Android according to the website, neither of which are worth porting HoN, this isn't the only issue but we're blocked right away with this alone.

I'm kind of shocked they didn't at least make a Windows ARM64 version, as soon as they do I will give at least windows a shot.

M1? Virtually impossible at this point.

Obviously one way or another HoN on any platform is possible, but its a tremendous amount of time for arguably a single digit player base for those architectures, tho I may be wrong about this.

---

Getting this to work on Catalina was quite a challenge, but making it work on Big Sur was another, alot of OpenGL API functions are getting deprecated in Big Sur so we had to update the API quite a bit ( we've completed this ) otherwise the game just crashed, and FMOD needed to be fixed as Big Sur changed the way Audio Management was done.

All of this is complete and the game is currently running just fine, the next steps are preparing it into a releasable form, which takes longer than it sounds - eg putting it into our build pipeline, preparing app package, installer, and fixing various bugs here and there.

Ideally, I want to make a closed beta during Jan ( so next month ) as long as people understand the way it will be distributed will not be in some convenient user friendly form!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, HyperXewl said:

Heya! Really appreciate that, thanks so much man.

To answer some of your questions:

ARM64 blocker starts right at the libraries.

FMOD (the audio library) only supports ARM64 for Mac and Android according to the website, neither of which are worth porting HoN, this isn't the only issue but we're blocked right away with this alone.

I'm kind of shocked they didn't at least make a Windows ARM64 version, as soon as they do I will give at least windows a shot.

M1? Virtually impossible at this point.

Obviously one way or another HoN on any platform is possible, but its a tremendous amount of time for arguably a single digit player base for those architectures, tho I may be wrong about this.

---

Getting this to work on Catalina was quite a challenge, but making it work on Big Sur was another, alot of OpenGL API functions are getting deprecated in Big Sur so we had to update the API quite a bit ( we've completed this ) otherwise the game just crashed, and FMOD needed to be fixed as Big Sur changed the way Audio Management was done.

All of this is complete and the game is currently running just fine, the next steps are preparing it into a releasable form, which takes longer than it sounds - eg putting it into our build pipeline, preparing app package, installer, and fixing various bugs here and there.

Ideally, I want to make a closed beta during Jan ( so next month ) as long as people understand the way it will be distributed will not be in some convenient user friendly form!

Thanks for the detailed response, and great work dealing with those lib issues! I'd really love to be a part of that closed beta, is there any way I can apply to be a part of that? 

Also I'm not sure what your dev workflow is, but I'm down to lend a hand wherever y'all need it.

Edited by stewtard