Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

HoN (64-Bit) Client Download [OFFICIAL RELEASE]

On 11/6/2020 at 10:28 PM, Manu311 said:

Mods just change files which should be identically, so those should usually be working. However mod managers might search in the wrong directories.

Do you have a Hon Mods Manager working?

Mine doesn't find right .exe due to new name "hon_x64.exe" even If I enter path manually.

Thanks

----

Edit:

A good guy posted a new hon manager which works

https://ape3000.com/~anakonda/honmods/HoN_ModMan.zip

Thank to him

Edited by Orsa
  • Like 2
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heroes of Newerth (64-Bit)   Frostburn Studios is proud to release the HoN 64-Bit Client This is an alternative client for those seeking Greater Performance, stability and FPS Gains uti

Yep

Important Update   We have got a-lot of reports of issues with 64-Bit regarding crashes, please be patient while we iron these out! If you crash, although the default incentive is to no

43 minutes ago, Orsa said:

Mine doesn't find right .exe due to new name "hon_x64.exe" even If I enter path manually.

In theory they shouldn't need the exe, they just look for the directory.
I don't have exe-files anyways, since I'm running Linux only 😉

14 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

In theory they shouldn't need the exe, they just look for the directory.
I don't have exe-files anyways, since I'm running Linux only 😉

I spoke too fast.

Hon Mod manager works, it compiles mods and I have a generated resources999.s2z in game folder but mods don't work at all in-game.

-----

Fourth update:

Download regular hon mod manager here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kd14q7ncoa4lha/ModManager.zip?dl=1

You will have an error about HoN version but don't take care about it.

Enable your mods and compile.

It finally works!

----------------------

About x64 version, performances are incredible, constant 144fps, thank you!

Edited by Orsa
9 hours ago, fet_pung1337 said:

Thanks a lot fellas!

Can i use this 64bit version to install on my mac or are we still waiting for a seperate IOS-client? 🙂

No, but! We are working on a MacOSX 64-Bit version actually, it will be released in a couple of months, It's alot of work, especially making it work properly on Big Sur ( which had even MORE issues )

We do have a working version already ! And it's fantastic, but its not ready for release.

If you'd like to help, we have a donation goal specifically for this, anything helps, thanks!

https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/clients/donations/

EDIT: Woke up and someone donated to it, thanks! \o/

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Like 1

I must say, I wish this was done 10 years ago. I have always had issues with micro stuttering and sluggish game-play even tho I've always had an mid/high tier PC. My FPS was locked to 125fps with only 15% usage of the GPU and CPU, which made it seem weird that it felt so sluggish. This update really made HoN into the game I always wanted, it doesn't feel like HoN 2.0, it feels like how HoN always should have been - It's a new game. Im really happy for this, good work! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi, im not very good at computer language so..can someone tell me what exactly am i missing to start x64 hon client?

It says im missing: api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll from my computer.

Thank you in advance🙂

I remember testing this version some time ago and we couldn't get the 64 bit to run on my OS. Windows 8.1 Pro N. Before the questions and jokes from everyone about not being on Windows 10 (I have my reasons but I know eventually I will have to) - I tried this new download today and it installed and opened flawlessly. YOU GUYS RULE, THANK YOUUUU!!! Now shut up and take my money

On 11/18/2020 at 10:30 PM, Peodeo said:

Hi, im not very good at computer language so..can someone tell me what exactly am i missing to start x64 hon client?

It says im missing: api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll from my computer.

Thank you in advance🙂

You are missing VC++ Redis 2019, you most likely unticked it during installation.

You can get it manually here, https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

hon64 is great job! you guys worked a lot!! thanks!

im dreaming of hon64 for linux :)))) hope it could fix some problems:

1) in NEW UI selecting  one region (now it marks or unmarks all)

2) in NEW UI selecting  pop-up nitifications (marks all or none), cant select some of them

3) cant launch Hon in big display, its still going on laptop 15.6 inch and cant be switched

ps

donated for hon64 mac. hope to see hon64 for linux

Edited by L0Lman
On 11/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, HyperXewl said:

In the future yes, technically speaking, linux already has a 64-Bit client, but it is pretty outdated at this point and uses very old tech, it makes it a bit tricky to make a "super client" (??) when technically the architecture already exists, if we can find a way for it to make sense, we'll do it.

Updating Linux to new standards  is also very easy, which isn't hard to imagine 😉

Ok. Does this mean the current linux version can support 120hz+?

49 minutes ago, n0escape said:

Ok. Does this mean the current linux version can support 120hz+?

The linux version (and the Windows version) did always technically support 120Hz.
When I disable VSync on my 60 Hz monitors or use a 144Hz monitor, I usually reach 120FPS (which by default is the limit and I don't see a reason why I need more than that).
Of course there are some FPS drops, but they rarely drop into two digits (unless "Manu goes mad and spams hundreds of creeps at once").

Edited by Manu311