Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

HoN (64-Bit) Client Download [OFFICIAL RELEASE]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heroes of Newerth (64-Bit)   Frostburn Studios is proud to release the HoN 64-Bit Client This is an alternative client for those seeking Greater Performance, stability and FPS Gains uti

Yep

Important Update   We have got a-lot of reports of issues with 64-Bit regarding crashes, please be patient while we iron these out! If you crash, although the default incentive is to no

8 minutes ago, HyperXewl said:

Yes, even Windows Vista will run it (boy oh boy, was it tough to get the compat that low.)

Wow! That's actually amazing!

So far in a few dozen games, the occasional pulsing or stuttering I'd see mostly in teamfights hasn't happened at all. Yay! I hope the server side is working as well! (running 4k/120hz, skylake i7, Nvidia 1070)

I have this irritating issue where I bring up the chat in the client (64, not sure if its the same in 32) and type the character < and it behaves as if I had pressed F10 (brings up the interface).

Anyone else experience anything like that?

I asked friends that are on 64 and they don't have the same thing. Any way to debug this to find out what's going on, on my side @HyperXewl?

Since i installed the 64bit mode my 1800€ PC i bought September 2020
is lagging in HoN with a Disconnected icon on the left side
nd i often get "no repsonse from Server"

Maybe i should mention that other Internet games like
Apex Legends have zero internet connection lagging problems.
And on the old 32bit version i also had no connection laggs...

Are there more people with that issue?
Right now the game is unplayable at this status

Edited by Lifewaster
  • Like 1

Same issue here. My mate also got the problem. Everything else works smooth, no lag in streams or games etc.

My friend  and i both use amd ryzen processors and win 10 if this helps... Friend got rid of this problem by closing al instances of steam, but this would be a very weird fix and should be solved anyways

@HoSchiminh - Steam doesn't see Hon 64 yet?

24 minutes ago, HoSchiminh said:

Friend got rid of this problem by closing al instances of steam, but this would be a very weird fix and should be solved anyways

I have an idea. I bet Steam was downloading an update to something. Steam tries to stop downloads when it detects you're playing another game. I bet it doesn't recognize the 64 bit client. You've got to manually register HON64 with Discord, it was the same for me with Steam. Hit 'add a game'->'add a non-steam game' in the lower left of the steam client. You may have to wait for it to search once you click, or hit it twice.

1 hour ago, Spamalope said:

@HoSchiminh - Steam doesn't see Hon 64 yet?

I have an idea. I bet Steam was downloading an update to something. Steam tries to stop downloads when it detects you're playing another game. I bet it doesn't recognize the 64 bit client. You've got to manually register HON64 with Discord, it was the same for me with Steam. Hit 'add a game'->'add a non-steam game' in the lower left of the steam client. You may have to wait for it to search once you click, or hit it twice.

Nah can't be it, i played again - few minutes ago - nothing opened on pc except hon x64 and the usal windows stuff, still lags with disconnect sign tried some pages/streams - everything works brilliant

32 minutes ago, HoSchiMinh said:

Nah can't be it, i played again - few minutes ago - nothing opened on pc except hon x64 and the usal windows stuff, still lags with disconnect sign tried some pages/streams - everything works brilliant

Disconnect signs have nothing to do with the client. It's your connection / route to the server. Happens when there is an overloaded/broken node on the way to the server. Just cause 1 game/stream works it doesn't mean the other one will as well.

2 minutes ago, hegelsohn said:

Disconnect signs have nothing to do with the client. It's your connection / route to the server. Happens when there is an overloaded/broken node on the way to the server. Just cause 1 game/stream works it doesn't mean the other one will as well.

so i can jsut wait? and shouldnt change it from 1 round to another then? i get this every game now 😕
I repeat: every other game/launcher/stream/browser etc works perfect. sad since i just went back to hon... 😞

There is no way that the 64-Bit Client SPECIFICALLY has anything to do with lag, I guarantee it with every fibre in my body and every dollar in my bank account. (Network lag that is)

That simply wouldn't make sense, now I'm not saying the lag is on your end or the servers end, I am just eliminating the actual 64 bit ( vs 32 ) as a posibility.

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Like 1
On 11/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, _Pavel_ said:

why can't I download the client by opening a hyperlink within the client

Say you are the CEO of a game company with one dev.

You have a list of 100 things you could do.

Some are fixes that will let more people play the game or make playing the game smoother and more enjoyable.

Others are things like updating the 'About' page for HoN, making sure all buttons have perfect curvature continuity, or maybe making the ^y yellow text match pikachu yellow.

Sure, adding an 'open link' functionality in-game sounds pretty quick. Just call 'explorer.exe hon.com/download' ez luls! But could the way it's implemented introduce security risks? Idk. Can you guarantee that it won't? Even evaluating the feature and risks takes time and effort, which could be spent elsewhere.

It *is* a little annoying to tab, google search 'hon 64 download', and find the link. But having to do this once and say finding faster games is better than that one time we were able to download HoN by clicking a link in-game.

1 hour ago, hajimemash said:

Say you are the CEO of a game company with one dev.

You have a list of 100 things you could do.

Some are fixes that will let more people play the game or make playing the game smoother and more enjoyable.

Others are things like updating the 'About' page for HoN, making sure all buttons have perfect curvature continuity, or maybe making the ^y yellow text match pikachu yellow.

Sure, adding an 'open link' functionality in-game sounds pretty quick. Just call 'explorer.exe hon.com/download' ez luls! But could the way it's implemented introduce security risks? Idk. Can you guarantee that it won't? Even evaluating the feature and risks takes time and effort, which could be spent elsewhere.

It *is* a little annoying to tab, google search 'hon 64 download', and find the link. But having to do this once and say finding faster games is better than that one time we were able to download HoN by clicking a link in-game.

This guy is right.

HoN (32-Bit) uses Awesomium, which is a very very outdated an insecure ingame browser solution, to add this to it would be dangerous, especially since all it takes is hijacking your hosts file to redirect you to a virus or even worse things, these are real threats.

We upgraded this to Chromium (CEF) Which is up to date, much faster and much more secure ( and allows alot more potential such as twitch and hell, you can even stream Unreal 4 engine inside of the browser in the game, lol )

Doing this was no easy feat and took over a month and a complete rewrite of the browser ( and it's still not even fully complete, but enough for release ) and the effort was praised by one of our ex engineers.

Now, with this browser, we can do things like hot linking to external websites in game but in a secure fashion.

The argument you have @hajimemash is completely contradicted by the entire point of HoN (64-Bit) which IS TO BRING it to modern times in the first place, the improvements need to be here, not there.

OF COURSE we want the link in game! We want to migrate people to 64, but not at the expensive of security, no.

Hopefully this clears it up.

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

Ok i tried the 32 bit version and it did lagg the same way.

Didn't u changed something on the servers a few days ago?

No, as stated before, lags are not related to any client. It's your connection/routing to the servers which is bad at some point. Provide some traceroutes to determine the issue.