Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

HoN (64-Bit) Client Download [OFFICIAL RELEASE]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heroes of Newerth (64-Bit)   Frostburn Studios is proud to release the HoN 64-Bit Client This is an alternative client for those seeking Greater Performance, stability and FPS Gains uti

Yep

FAQ   Q) What is HoN (64-Bit)? A) HoN (64-Bit) is built with technology 15 years senior to the current version of the game, as well as vastly upgrading multiple extension libraries with

1 hour ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

I DL'd it and installed it.Never in my life have my PC Thrown out so many warnings.
Lucky u xewl I trust u bro.

xo

This will be fixed in updates by having signed binaries, this is already under way.

well i got a problem ...i downloaded the client i  unzip it i install it normal no problems appeared but the game in nowhere to be found no folder no shortcuts nothing ...plz any tip ??

50 minutes ago, stormworm said:

OMG. It's Christmas time!!!! 🎅 THANKS guys!!! I'm gonna support torrent! 🙏

Please do xD 

The primary download link is fast and on a CDN, but to help distribute load, the torrent really helps out, especially if we get lots of seeders then it becomes the best alternative.

well i got a problem ...i downloaded the client i  unzip it i install it normal no problems appeared but the game in nowhere to be found no folder no shortcuts nothing ...plz any tip ??

Sure, can you get in touch with me on discord? I can remotely administrate you.

Join: https://discord.gg/JEEHNyPz

Or add me at HyperXewl#8809

We have released a Hotfix for those who crashed going to settings ( Patch 4.8.6.2 ) and we are also working on a patch for those who crash after changing audio device in game ( this is a bug that also effects 32 bit ) we will deploy this once its ready.

• Like 1

Important Update

We have got a-lot of reports of issues with 64-Bit regarding crashes, please be patient while we iron these out!

If you crash, although the default incentive is to not upload the crash dump when the dialog box appears, I cannot stress enough, we *DO* check these, alot, all the time, please press yes on the crash dump upload! as this helps us greatly to fix these issues.

We have fixed several crashes already, some in the current hot fix, others coming next, and we apologize for the issues players are having, keep in mind this is a first release and it's going to get better as time goes on, we're working around the clock to make this perfect for you guys.

-Hyper

• Like 4

hey guys odd request.

I personally like to open up HoN by using the hon_update  
this saves me time as when there IS and update, it just updates rather than having to open up the program, just to let me know there is an update.  (personally i think thats how it should be normally). 
anyways..

I'm doing the same with hon_update_x64, however it does not have an icon. so it looks weird on my taskbar.spacer.png
can you guys add the icon to it? or perhaps somewhere I can download it, so I can add it to a shortcut.
thanks!

loving the feel of the new client, keep it up!!

hon_update_x64.exe is not an updater, it is a middleware program after an update is complete that relaunches hon.

It's job is to copy files such as DLL's that require HoN to be closed.

If you want to do this, make a shortcut to hon_x64.exe and add the flag -update

spacer.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, HyperXewl said:

hon_update_x64.exe is not an updater, it is a middleware program after an update is complete that relaunches hon.

It's job is to copy files such as DLL's that require HoN to be closed.

If you want to do this, make a shortcut to hon_x64.exe and add the flag -update

spacer.png

woah! mind blown. thanks man!

7 minutes ago, Anakonda said:

You can add the icon inside hon_x64.exe as the icon for your shortcut to the updater

couldnt find the location of said icon.

We're releasing a Hotfix (Patch 4.8.6.3) For HoN (64-Bit)

This should deploy in the next 24 Hours.

• Fixes some circumstances where players would crash randomly when logging in or around that time.
  • Fixes crash when switching audio driver mid game ( this also vastly upgraded the sound library )
  • Fixes "Bad packet from server" crash by bypassing and discarding the packet instead of completely removing the player
    • NOTE: This will come to HoN (32-Bit) as well for the winter patch.

EDIT: Hotfix released!

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, bananabanana said:

couldnt find the location of said icon.

Go to change icon. Select browse. Find your hon installation and select hon_x64.exe. The icon should now appear.

Now I have been trying out the 64-bit client a bit, and I just wanted to say thank you for the making it! I play mostly Mid Wars on a laptop with an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated card, and before, on the 32-bit client, I used to have to disable basically all graphical enhancements and have texture/model detail on low to get acceptable FPS through the game on 1360x768 resolution. Now I have been able to increase almost all of my settings so the game looks much prettier and I still get 60+ FPS consistently. It's great!

Edited by gavlarN
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, istwolf said:

Hi, i have a question. How do i migrate my account? Can´t logg in new version x64 bits

32x and 64x are the same. You don't need to do something with your account. you can't login because the servers are offline

• Like 1

I can swear that during the install, the HoN 64 logo had an 8-bit look. I already deleted the client and I don't want to waste the bandwidth to download it again just to verify and/or use it as a shortcut icon.

Can someone verify for me and post the icon here?

3 hours ago, metalman3797 said:

Will development pickup and more major releases be added in the future?  I mean why put in the work for a 64 bit install unless there is more coming in the future?

The work on the 64 bit client has been ongoing for years. And one of the major complaints over the years was HoNs bad performance.
Small patches have always happened, but you are probably rather limited in some technical changes if you have to keep an eye on performance all the time.
I can't speak for HoN-development, but I can speak as a experienced developer who loves to tickle out every last bit of performance: You never do the fully optimized version at first, you write acceptable code, analyze its runtime and improve the slow parts (and repeat).
If you have to do that for every small bit of code, it eats time and you probably still end up with a slower product in the end - since more stuff is happening, even if it's optimized.

As for HoN, I'm pretty sure the current developers are continuing to put a similar effort into the game for the foreseeable future (unless something bad happens), so I guess the current speed of change will continue. There are donation goals which provide some additional income, so they can put more effort into those goals than before. If you see donation goals you want to happen, you should donate towards that goal and it should happen. That's probably how these bigger changes are going to happen for now: People voting with their wallets.

• Like 2