Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

HoN (64-Bit) Client Download [OFFICIAL RELEASE]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heroes of Newerth (64-Bit)   Frostburn Studios is proud to release the HoN 64-Bit Client This is an alternative client for those seeking Greater Performance, stability and FPS Gains uti

Yep

Important Update   We have got a-lot of reports of issues with 64-Bit regarding crashes, please be patient while we iron these out! If you crash, although the default incentive is to no

10 minutes ago, n0escape said:

Will we Linux users get some love as well?

In the future yes, technically speaking, linux already has a 64-Bit client, but it is pretty outdated at this point and uses very old tech, it makes it a bit tricky to make a "super client" (??) when technically the architecture already exists, if we can find a way for it to make sense, we'll do it.

Updating Linux to new standards  is also very easy, which isn't hard to imagine 😉

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TruckDeliver said:

And the mods? It runs as well?

Mods just change files which should be identically, so those should usually be working. However mod managers might search in the wrong directories.

• Like 1

I've been beta-testing this for a while.  Apparently, there's a bug* we all missed which is freaking typical but it shouldn't affect any matches.

It's way more than 64-bit.  The DirectX pipeline has been optimised as well.  It fixes an NVidia graphics pipeline problem so I get roughly double fps. Your boost will probably be less than that though.

This was created by largely unpaid devs... with Garena actually being a roadblock rather than supporting.  Major props to HyperXewl, Umbreon, ElementUser and others.

* when trying to change Settings.

Edited by NubbyMcNub
  • Like 1

Ok great, thanks, we have HoN 64-bit. But for the love of god, why can't I download the client by opening a hyperlink within the client. It's absurd in 2020 that I can't do this. Huge release, but I have to minimize the native client to check it out. Ridiculous.

Sorry for being so blunt. But that's crazy.

This update is incredible. I'm holding a solid 144 fps, and 4k doesn't freak out any longer. The matches even late into the game are stutter free, and I launch the game in half the time while the load times are basically not there. Great job team. Love the work you guys continue to do.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Cederic said:

how do I get this on Garena client?

It has only been released for the NA/EU client atm. Oh and btw I've been planning to upgrade to the new ryzen 5000 series cpu so I guess there should be alot more boost in performance now that the game is optimized for new cpus. 

37 minutes ago, swagggmaster said:

It has only been released for the NA/EU client atm. Oh and btw I've been planning to upgrade to the new ryzen 5000 series cpu so I guess there should be alot more boost in performance now that the game is optimized for new cpus. 

I am obviously aware thats why I am asking.

Very nice, just tried it out some games, works flawless so far. Loading times are pretty much the same but in game its smoother and I am getting 150+ fps. Wow!

• Like 1