HoN (64-Bit) Client Download [OFFICIAL RELEASE]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EDIT: HoN64 is now an official download on https://www.heroesofnewerth.com/download If you're looking for the Mac Beta client, you can find it here:  

FAQ   Q) What is HoN (64-Bit)? A) HoN (64-Bit) is built with technology 15 years senior to the current version of the game, as well as vastly upgrading multiple extension libraries with

Yep

4 hours ago, bend_it said:

Why is the 32bit client still on the main download page and not the 64bit one?

Because 64bit client still requires further optimization in order to replace 32bit client AFAIK, CMIIW.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Ok thanks.
Another question: Do the just have a newer launcher in 64bit or is the game then in 64bit too? Because in W10 task manager it still says 32bit

1 hour ago, bend_it said:

Ok thanks.
Another question: Do the just have a newer launcher in 64bit or is the game then in 64bit too? Because in W10 task manager it still says 32bit

???

You must be looking at the wrong game

On 11/29/2020 at 1:37 PM, ElementUser said:

It takes years of development, dude. 

It's not something that just happens out of thin air. 

plus, to add to that statement, it is coming voluntarily as prior FB/Garena refused or even shut down any advancement in that department with the claim that it would create an environment of "unfair technical advantage" for those with better computers.
pretty sure this would have been a thing many many years ago if they had been allowed to do it and received the resources in the first place, instead of being forced to yield it.

• Like 1

spacer.png

You guys should add this to the main download page. I just reformatted my computer, and accidentally installed the 32 bit version because this doesn't show up on the download page.

Also, when you click "Learn", then "Mastery" in game, then try and sort by Mastery Level, it doesn't work.

Updated post with a new digitally signed installer ( no more browser warnings )

Also, it's now a web installer rather than a single 6gb download, which should resolve some issues people have had in the past.

Additionally, the front page of heroesofnewerth.com has had its 32 bit installer updated to the latest version, with 64 bit soon to join it 🙂

• Like 3

I love this addition!
However, it would be nice if you also uploaded the HoN 64-bit Exe file, because my anti-virus tends to remove it, making me re-install the game fully.

Should we on Windows 10 change the video to OpenGL from Dx9 since this has been significantly upgraded? I've read in a November 2020 thread that OpenGL is the backup which seems contradictory to the changelog. Thanks for the huge update to the client, I'm excited for the future of this game.

5 hours ago, N_mag said:

Should we on Windows 10 change the video to OpenGL from Dx9 since this has been significantly upgraded? I've read in a November 2020 thread that OpenGL is the backup which seems contradictory to the changelog. Thanks for the huge update to the client, I'm excited for the future of this game.

I suggest: Just try it 😂

I haven't seen any improvements in OpenGL recently (and I'm limited to that, since I'm not using Windows ever again), but it still works fine. So you could play with that too. You might get way better performance with DirectX (or not) - so I suggest you try both, see the difference and choose what works better for you. And if you notice any problems, you can switch it anytime (but it probably requires a restart of HoN).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tonkis said:

The client worked yesterday. Today after the patch it says im not allowed to login on a virtual machine. Im not on a virtual machine...

Hiya, I've dmed you.

• 2 weeks later...

We have officially updated our Downloads page to showcase the Windows 64-bit Client as the official client, as it is considered stable & the mainstream client now: http://heroesofnewerth.com/download/

The Windows 32-bit Client is still available, but marked as Deprecated.

This thread has now served its purpose and can be archived. Thank you for all the testing!