Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Brutalizer into Bloodborne Maul

Hello, 

since both of the items are kinda underused (especially the maul), what about making basher upgradable into bloodborne maul? Ofc retaining the bashing property and gaining the extra STR + bonus damage while being damaged (no dota's active stun effect).

(I'm not giving numbers cos atm i have no idea how to balance it well)

On 4/23/2020 at 10:13 AM, datfizh said:

Then, the components will be: Brutalizer (3200g) + Axe of the Malphai (3200g) = 6400 gold (spends 1200 more gold than it currently does)

or +10 strength, +10 strength = 1000 + 1000 = 2000 coins
3200 + 2000 = 5200

8 hours ago, Rage_100 said:

or +10 strength, +10 strength = 1000 + 1000 = 2000 coins
3200 + 2000 = 5200

Did this thread discuss about Brutalizer into Bloodborne? Your components suggestion seems make this item more expensive than it currently does but the strength gain will make for it.

If you meant those 2000g spent from your suggestion built up into Brutalizer then that's a huge cut of Brutalizer price, I don't think that would be good.

Edited by datfizh
11 hours ago, datfizh said:

Did this thread discuss about Brutalizer into Bloodborne? Your components suggestion seems make this item more expensive than it currently does but the strength gain will make for it.

If you meant those 2000g spent from your suggestion built up into Brutalizer then that's a huge cut of Brutalizer price, I don't think that would be good.

no, brutalizer 3200 + 2x10 strength = 5200

16 hours ago, Rage_100 said:

no, brutalizer 3200 + 2x10 strength = 5200

Oh, well. My bad.

Though, I still want to keep Axe of Malphai for Bloodborne components because Dancing Blade as its counterpart has 3 upgrade branches, same upgrade branches as Axe currently has.

+1 love this idea and in fairness to the guy  - he did say he wouldn't give numbers as balance is a tricky thing.

Be interesting to see if this was achievable. I know the bash property though can be seen as heavily overpowered, hence why it's a relatively cheap item that takes up an entire item slot. Giving the bash property along with more beefy stats in a single slot may prove too much.

Edited by nailzy
more info

Thanks for the wonderful idea. Both items are being snubbed right now. But only selected melee heroes will gain so much from this and ranged heroes will not benefit from the bash effect.

So even if I want to agree with it, I believe Brutalizer should have a different upgrade and Bloodborne Maul must have a rework.