Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

what's the future for MAC users

Sometimes I was used to use my MAC to play some hon chill games or more often to watch replays or mentor. Couple of years ago, replays became barely watchable and I felt like HoN stopped caring for MAC users. Recently support completely stopped, you can't even log in or try to update the game. So my question is; are there any plans to make hon playable for MAC or is it just completely done and dusted

Hi,

Yes there are indeed plans to support macOS catalina with our new x64 client, that so many players have donated for, and made possible.

I don't think there's a public date for when this will be made available but we're getting close.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Correct, that was due to hon being a 32 bit application and versions after Mojave didn't support 32bit apps anymore. This is nothing that HoN could have "fixed" without a major rework on the client making it 64bit.  You will be able to use the new 64 bit client soon so please be patient.

It's coming!

We have a working version already inhouse, including on the latest beta of Big Sur.

Although the amount of mac users will be incredibly small, we hope that even those who use windows will ( hopefully ) appreciate and admire the efforts to keep the game at modern standards!

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

will you release the update this year? have been checking every day for the Mac version. I think the Mac version will increase the amount of player for the game. 

We cannot give any promises on release dates for this, when it's ready its ready, but you have my word that it'll be in your hands soon enough.

We need to get Windows x64 out the door first! Then comes mac.

If not this year, it will be very very early next year that much I can asure you!

EDIT: 

Edited by HyperXewl
  • Like 1