Hello,

That is something you should report directly to the Senior Game Masters either by private message or create a ticket to our help desk >https://rap.heroesofnewerth.com/
In general the mods are allowed (gpm mods, UI mods, rune spawing mods, kill streak mods etc) but mods like zoom-out or similar mods that gives an unfair advantage to the user were not allowed and will not be, the punishment for this might differ from one user to another, can start from 3-day, 5-day, 1 month... to even permanent suspension

Have a good day,

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

• 2 weeks later...

I reported my suspiciouns like I was supposed to but

Apparently I need a video or screenshot for a gm to even consider it. Yes I get that people can't get banned because someone heard or has a hunch that someone might be cheating but a cheater obviously wouldn't send someone proof just so they can get reported and punished.

Are mods showed in a game log somewhere for all to see or can players cheat with mods as much as they like as long as they don't send proof themselves? 

I know maphack was a problem at some point but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. How was that handled?

All I'm saying is that cheaters shouldn't get away with it and the report system handling mod-abuse seems to favour the cheater, hopefully I'm missing something here.

11 hours ago, SupaPowaXXL said:

I reported my suspiciouns like I was supposed to but

Apparently I need a video or screenshot for a gm to even consider it. Yes I get that people can't get banned because someone heard or has a hunch that someone might be cheating but a cheater obviously wouldn't send someone proof just so they can get reported and punished.

Are mods showed in a game log somewhere for all to see or can players cheat with mods as much as they like as long as they don't send proof themselves? 

I know maphack was a problem at some point but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. How was that handled?

All I'm saying is that cheaters shouldn't get away with it and the report system handling mod-abuse seems to favour the cheater, hopefully I'm missing something here.

Yes that is correct, at this moment we do not have the tools to check any logs or to discover who is using any forbidden mod, the developers might have or might not have a way to check that but unfortunately at the current state of the game I do not think this is a priority worth wasting time and resources on.
Just because someone is suspecting someone that doesn't mean it is true, so to sum it up: yes you will need proof in order for the GM team to take action against the forbidden mods' users, either screenshots, maybe the user is streaming ( stream link) etc. 
There are many things that Hon lacks at this moment but there is a small limited amount of resources directed towards maintaining and running the game, everything else it is on hold, I guess time will tell!

Cheers,

Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Ok, limited resources and you have to prioritize. I hope, like everyone else, hon will have enough money, staff and volunteers to fix everything and keep the game awesome.

I saw a recent tournament had a "no mods allowed" rule, could that be enforced somehow or did they just trust players?

1 minute ago, SupaPowaXXL said:

Ok, limited resources and you have to prioritize. I hope, like everyone else, hon will have enough money, staff and volunteers to fix everything and keep the game awesome.

I saw a recent tournament had a "no mods allowed" rule, could that be enforced somehow or did they just trust players?

From my knowledge all the tournaments so far did not allow players to use any mod regardless if zoom hack or runes spawn timer etc 
What do you mean “enforced”? enforced where? 

Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

1 hour ago, `Shattered said:

From my knowledge all the tournaments so far did not allow players to use any mod regardless if zoom hack or runes spawn timer etc 
What do you mean “enforced”? enforced where? 

How did the organizers know players weren't using mods and how was it dealt with is what I meant with enforced.

Basically when the Host creates a server for the tournament to take place in, they select “Tournament rules”, since it shows on top of each player (that are using mods), 
that some files are moded, the tournament rules can detect those and prevent them from playing on the server. or something similar to that 
DXpv7pC.png

Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

I do not know why you have that, might be because you used mods in the past or w/e!
And again the mods are allowed not everyone single one of them but most of them are ok to be used!

• Thanks 1

Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<