Bonus Attribute Rework

Current:

Picking Bonus Attribute gives 2 points all attributes

Proposed:

Upon picking Bonus Attribute (no longer passively adds 2 points all attributes), there are 3 options given to grant a permanent buff (same picking system as Ophelia's and Kongor's)

• 2 point all attributes or 3 points secondary attributes or 3 points primary attribute
  • At level 17, the permanent buffs from picking Bonus Attribute (regardless of the choice) retroactively grants 1% bonus damage for any type of damage.
  • At level 21, the permanent buffs from picking Bonus Attribute (regardless of the choice) retroactively grants 2 bonus movement speed (in addition of bonus damage).

Thought Process:

• This suggestion is intended to create dynamic in leveling bonus attribute in need and rewarding past level 16.
  • Bonuses past level 16 are inspired from Kongor's permanent buff.
  • This post pretty much summarizes the benefits of this proposed change:

Bonus:

Spoiler

Proposed Suggestion:

• At level 25, permanent buff value from Kongor, Ophelia, Corrupted Sword, (and Proposed Attribute Bonus) are increased by 50%.
  • Staff of the Master effect will also be granted without the need of Staff of the Master/Master's Legacy in inventory/status effect.

Thought Process:

• Getting level 25 is most of the time close to the end game, so all efforts in collecting the permanent buffs should be rewarded more.
  • Free Staff of the Master boost creates inventory space for additional item besides Staff of the Master/Master's Legacy.

Changelog:

• Version 1.05 - Add bonus level 25 with free Staff of the Master effect.
  • Version 1.04 - Change bonus movement speed from scaling to static.
  • Version 1.03 - Rephrase the thread, moving level 20 effect to level 21 and removing level 23 effect.
  • Version 1.02 - Bonus Attack Damage changed from 2 to 1.
  • Version 1.01 - Thread Created
Edited by datfizh
Version 1.05

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• 3 months later...

Hmm I actually think this is pretty cool and it would be more fun looking forward to the levels above 16 if you had these 3 optional traits you could choose from. But i feel like these traits would mostly benefit carries.

how many times do you propose we would get to choose from these traits? from 16-25? Or only lvl 17-20-23?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EasyWinEasy said:

Hmm I actually think this is pretty cool and it would be more fun looking forward to the levels above 16 if you had these 3 optional traits you could choose from. But i feel like these traits would mostly benefit carries.

how many times do you propose we would get to choose from these traits? from 16-25? Or only lvl 17-20-23?

Alright, I think I have to tidy up this thread so it is easy to follow. Thanks for your input. I have short answer regarding your concern:

1. Whenever the hero levels up bonus attribute, 3 optional choices shows up.

2. If the hero reaches level 17, they will automatically gain bonus benefit (in this case damage) per bonus attribute has been leveled up. It means the benefit is retroactive.

3. Same goes as point 2 if the hero reaches level 20 and 23.

Hope my short answer helps you understand.

Edited by datfizh
16 to 17

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

2 hours ago, DemonSparda said:

Yes please. Simple attribute increase is old and boring. Variability is sounds good to me.

Hell o there, will you post another suggestion anytime soon?

It is nice to see your recent thread flocked by some replies, even from one of the developer himself, unlike mine that barely has few reply. You did great job there.

17 hours ago, datfizh said:

Hell o there, will you post another suggestion anytime soon?

It is nice to see your recent thread flocked by some replies, even from one of the developer himself, unlike mine that barely has few reply. You did great job there.

Maybe, but without numbers. So people wouldn't complain about numbers. xD

Just now, DemonSparda said:

Maybe, but without numbers. So people wouldn't complain about numbers. xD

XD

I hope your next thread doesn't lose its touch just because it doesn't have numbers in it.

Well, let's have another discussion again on your next thread.

I really like this idea. I think it brings a freshness to HoN that is long overdue and allows players to be more invested in each match. It also would give the game better versatility, that way players don’t have to always do the same builds for each character in every match. It gives us more to think about while playing and requires a greater strategic effort which I personally think would make the game more fun. 

Plus it has the potential to make matches shorter.

• 6 months later...
On 4/12/2021 at 10:44 PM, exfirer said:

I really like this idea. I think it brings a freshness to HoN that is long overdue and allows players to be more invested in each match. It also would give the game better versatility, that way players don’t have to always do the same builds for each character in every match. It gives us more to think about while playing and requires a greater strategic effort which I personally think would make the game more fun. 

Plus it has the potential to make matches shorter.

hell o there, sorry not to reply your comment for so long. Thanks for your input, I'll add it into main topic.