Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

The first thing to do is to find a reputable BR server host in a data center (it can't be some servers in some guy's basement, because HoN's server executables will be put on that server).

The second thing to do is research the appropriate specs for the server and find a suitable one.  Xeon E-2136 should be the standard, as HoN runs well on these servers on OVH servers: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ca/bare-metal/advance/adv-2/

The third requirement is to find a reasonable cost, because donations will be covering that amount.

The final requirement is a reliable monthly income through donations to cover that cost.

I've tried this before & had little luck, as the servers were too expensive for the performance they provided.

Best of luck if you & others wish to attempt this endeavour. We can talk once we have these details sorted out. It's not a donation goal yet because the first 3 requirements must be met before we can consider putting up a donation goal.

Edited by ElementUser
4 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

What would be a reasonable cost for something like this considering the BR playerbase size.

Well, I mean even if it costs 1000 USD a month, so long as the donor sources are reliable & can supply it, that's fine.

Reasonably speaking, around 300-400 USD is what I would consider on the high-end of "reasonable", since it's only 1 BR server (assuming it has at least 6 cores/12 threads). To give some perspective, our OVH servers cost only about 120-150 USD per month to upkeep, and they are amazing.

Edited by ElementUser
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ZER0C00L22 said:

When will be this goal added to the donations page?

When requirements 1-3 are actually fleshed out & seriously proposed by a community member/a group of community members (if it even happens).

too bad you had no luck finding a good and cheap server. I know nothing about this stuff, i wish i knew. Strange  you could not find any because 1 dollar = 5 BRL, it should be cheaper to have servers here, our economy is screwed. I wish I could play Hon again 😕
Tried dota 2 but don't feel as good as Hon
I guess its gonna be in my memories forever ;/
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, nereco said:

too bad you had no luck finding a good and cheap server. I know nothing about this stuff, i wish i knew. Strange  you could not find any because 1 dollar = 5 BRL, it should be cheaper to have servers here, our economy is screwed. I wish I could play Hon again 😕
Tried dota 2 but don't feel as good as Hon
I guess its gonna be in my memories forever ;/

They should put the servers in Argentina with the current USD situation here:

spacer.png

They could buy half Country with a good amount of USD's. lol.

Edited by ZER0C00L22

spacer.png

On 10/10/2020 at 10:36 AM, ElementUser said:

The first thing to do is to find a reputable BR server host in a data center (it can't be some servers in some guy's basement, because HoN's server executables will be put on that server).

The second thing to do is research the appropriate specs for the server and find a suitable one.  Xeon E-2136 should be the standard, as HoN runs well on these servers on OVH servers: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ca/bare-metal/advance/adv-2/

But they need to be hosted in SA, for us (SA players) have a good low PING.

In the pic i don't see any SA Geolocation...

spacer.png

Edited by ZER0C00L22

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

I mean, that's why I requested for said information - because ovh doesn't have SA servers. So find another provider that meets these requirements. 

Oh, ok, now i understand.

spacer.png

1) Heficed hosting customizable (BR Location):

spacer.png

Totally customizable here: https://www.heficed.com/pricing

Tracert to the IP address from Argentina:

spacer.png

2) Arghosted hosted in Argentina:

spacer.png

https://arghosted.com/dedicados_us.php

3) IFX Networks (one of the best host in SA), they have host in Chile, Brasil and Argentina.

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.ifxnetworks.com/en/solutions/

You need to contact them to know prices.

Edited by ZER0C00L22

spacer.png

Xeon E3-1240 won't cut it, we tried those before when the AU community paid for those on OVH and it lagged often.

The problem with the first server host is that it doesn't specify the exact CPU specs/model. If you're able to find this information more in-depth, we can consider it. As it stands now, the community does have to do all the work for us to consider this option, as it is not something we have time for.

Thank you very much for your cooperation & efforts!

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Xeon E3-1240 won't cut it, we tried those before when the AU community paid for those on OVH and it lagged often.

The problem with the first server host is that it doesn't specify the exact CPU specs/model. If you're able to find this information more in-depth, we can consider it. As it stands now, the community does have to do all the work for us to consider this option, as it is not something we have time for.

Thank you very much for your cooperation & efforts!

Ok, so the minimal Req. are:

Proc: Xeon E 2136.

RAM: 32gb or can work with 16 too?

HDD: Mechanical HDD or need to be SSD?

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

For this to happen, we need good amount of ppl from SA who be ready to donate, "we" the 3 or 4 writing about it here will not be enough, posted this thread in 2 Groups of HON in FB ( search for: "HON Latam, HON Brasil, HON Latinoamerica", etc..) and do the same guys, post the link to this thread there.

We need more ppl for this to happen...

Edited by ZER0C00L22
  • Like 3

spacer.png

3 hours ago, ZER0C00L22 said:

For this to happen, we need go amount of ppl from SA who be ready to donate, "we" the 3 or 4 writing about it here will not be enough, posted this thread in 2 Groups of HON in FB ( seatch for: "HON Latan, HON Brasil, HON Latinamerica", etc..) and do the same guys, post the link to this thread there.

We need more ppl for this to happen...

That's the spirit. Though, should SA people make a petition as a proof of participation? 

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

On 11/18/2020 at 2:36 AM, datfizh said:

That's the spirit. Though, should SA people make a petition as a proof of participation? 

As EU said - once you got a decent server provider he accepts, he can create a donation goal for it. There's no use in a petition without money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1